5/15/2012--Sentencing

There has to be a time frame now for him to appeal no? I couldn't see them giving him unlimited amount of time

Taken out of context Max, your comment made me chuckle. MR was clearly a huge liar and the fact he refused to divulge any information during his interrogation makes me think lawyer was probably on that list. He also coached TLM as to what to say should LE question her, even had her write up a plan.

Ironic how someone who had so much going for them would find themselves in such a horrible situation....pffftttt. :rolleyes::floorlaugh::jail:

What I'm wondering now is, should he not be able to find a lawyer to help him with his appeal, could he ask legal aid to set him up with an appointed legal aid lawyer? I guess a lawyer cannot be force into representing someone they feel is guilty of abduction, rape and murder. Good luck finding a lawyer .:great:

The will have to do an in-writing appeal. Oh I can see where that will lead him to for sure...:denied:

I also have to wonder if there is anyone who is willing to help him out in his future endeavour (in-writing appeal); ie., family, friends, DD, oops I forgot he doesn't have any friends and DD already made it clear he would not help in the appeal process.

Have a miserable life MR. You are exactly where you belong and will remain there until your last breath.

As much as I hate seeing money wasted on these scumbags, and I go back and forth between the death penalty, it makes me happy to know MR and others just as evil as him will remain behind bars forever, to live our their lives having to live in those conditions and to have to think about what brought them to where they are everyday. Everyday MR has to reflect back on what happened, what he did to poor Tori. Then he can reflect on the better moments in his life, the happier times and know he can never have any of that back, EVER. To execute him and others just like him, IMHO is the easy way out. And then there are the other conditions he has to live with; no freedom, no one to talk to, confined to a tiny cell 23 hours a day, being taunted by other inmates, prison food, and so on.

Just the thought of this never having freedom to do the anything he once enjoyed; shopping for designer threads and Puma shoes, using narcotics, using women from POF, having sex, raping and choking women, texting from his BB, on-line searches for child *advertiser censored*, tearing around in his Honda, moding it, having sex in it, pimping and enjoying the money, using his mother for financial gain, a place to live and fighting with her boyfriend, tormenting neighbourhood children, going to the gym, ballroom dancing, just to name a few, makes me thrilled to know he'll reflect back on it all and never have the chance to do any of these things again. IMO death is the easy way out. Of course this is JMHO and I'm opening a debate of the death penalty, just saying.

Sorry this bolded sentence above should read I'M NOT OPENING A DEBATE. This is JMHO.

Why would he be granted an appeal?! :what:
Trying not to say anything that would get me banned. Just... wow. What a (bad) joke. When will the rights of the victim and the victim's family be more important than the rights of monsters like Rafferty?! The system needs an overhaul. This is ridiculous. Why is he being allowed to victimise the family AGAIN?! Hasn't he caused them enough pain?!

I really hope that once his appeal has been heard, it is DENIED!!
NO MORE OF THIS!!!!! :banghead:

I don't think he's been granted an appeal, just an extension. Now he has to file an appeal which may not even be granted?

I don't think he's been granted an appeal, just an extension. Now he has to file an appeal which may not even be granted?

That is what I meant, but didn't phrase that properly. I was pretty ticked off when I wrote that. :furious:

Stephen Orser Tells London Resident to 'Duck Off' in E-Mail

The day after being criticized, by some, for calling Michael Rafferty an "*advertiser censored**hole" and urging the convicted killer to take his own life on the comments section of lfpress.com, the Ward 4 City Councillor is being called out for a profane e-mail.

http://www.am980.ca/news/local/story.aspx?ID=1810933

I could think of more fitting words to call MR...

In regards to his whole appeal situation, as I've said before, desperate people do desperate things. Obviously this is desperate and will do anything to get out of the hell hole he now resides in, and will for the rest of his pathetic life. What other choice does he have other then to do as Orser suggests. JMO

The biggest problem I have with MTR and other like him is the protection they are guaranteed in prison, and paid for by the taxpayers who so despise them. The gravity of depravity of their crimes warrants that they not be mollycoddled, but be in GP with the rest of the thugs, living in fear each and every day of their sentence, and if $h!t happens, oh well :seeya:

JMO

The biggest problem I have with MTR and other like him is the protection they are guaranteed in prison, and paid for by the taxpayers who so despise them. The gravity of depravity of their crimes warrants that they not be mollycoddled, but be in GP with the rest of the thugs, living in fear each and every day of their sentence, and if $h!t happens, oh well :seeya:

JMO

SB I am on your side and totally agree with you. The other evening I was reading a blog about a guy who had spent many years incarcerated including Millhaven and KP. He said should these child murderers and rapists be put in with the general population, they would ban together because they are one of the same. They would have each others' backs. Sadly he is probably right. (I tried to find the article again with no luck sorry.) Then I would feel awful for the guards because there would be major riots and mass hysteria kwim. They could put these together but then that would be too good for them as they would probably "enjoy" each others' company.

So I guess the best that can be done is let them live out their lives being depressed and alone, and having to live with themselves. A narcissist/psycho such as MR likes to blame others for their evil and wrong doings, but in reality they know in their own minds they are the ones who are evil and sickening. I don't believe they should have any rights to anything that will bring them the least bit of happiness or comfort; no radios, TVs, computers, nothing. Leave them with their pathetic, sick thoughts and watch them go crazy. They deserve nothing more than a cell, a toilet, a jumpsuit, food just to keep them alive and water. And a 10' piece of rope if they so wish to use it.

Yes it's aggravating taxpayers have to pay for their survival. I think there could and should be a lot of cutbacks on what they are afforded. Even for the ones doing time for lesser crimes. Maybe if prison wasn't so comfy, they wouldn't want to be there and when released they would keep their noses clean. What makes me sick is all the elderly people who should be in nursing homes but they can't even afford to be there, need meds but they cannot afford them... That's sickening. I would obviously, much rather see my tax dollars go to the elderly. Something is really wrong with this picture right?! Of course this is all JMO.

SB And a 10' piece of rope if they so wish to use it.

Yes it's aggravating taxpayers have to pay for their survival. I think there could and should be a lot of cutbacks on what they are afforded. Even for the ones doing time for lesser crimes. Maybe if prison wasn't so comfy, they wouldn't want to be there and when released they would keep their noses clean. What makes me sick is all the elderly people who should be in nursing homes but they can't even afford to be there, need meds but they cannot afford them... That's sickening. I would obviously, much rather see my tax dollars go to the elderly. Something is really wrong with this picture right?! Of course this is all JMO.

SBM

I couldn't agree more with the bolded above.

While waiting in line at the checkout of our local drugstore, I noticed Maclean's had a 'special edition' magazine on Canada's most notorious murderers in print. I quickly leafed through it and notice the got a page in this magazine. I didn't bother to read it.

As another Christmas approaches it breaks my heart Victoria will not be present in any Christmas festivities involving her church, family and friends. Christmas morning she won't be exchanging gifts with her family and join in the pleasantries young children love about this season. I hope TLM and MR are forever haunted each Christmas season and recall one of the last conversation TLM had with Tori. Tori told them her favourite holidays were Hallowe'en and Christmas. Tori loved the way Christmas looked with the snow and coloured lights. I couldn't find the article which gave those particular words but this article states her favourite holidays and I remember reading about the snow and coloured lights.

During the nearly two-hour car ride, she learned that Tori's favourite colour was purple, she loved the TV shows the Suite Life of Zach and Cody and Hannah Montana and that her favourite holidays were Halloween and Christmas.

http://www2.canada.com/story.html?id=6291529

Maclean's articles: Although the is not mentioned in these articles, he has a page. I can just see the gloating at the knowledge his name is once again in print. :furious:

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/...esented-in-macleans-issue-on-canadian-killers

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/canada’s-most-notorious-000929644.html

I do take some solace knowing Tori is in eternal peace and is looking down from heaven above, enjoying the sights of this Christmas season with all it's beautiful lights. Bless her family that they will be able to endure the Christmas season once again without their precious little girl. Love you Tori, Merry Christmas Angel. :christmastree::snowflake:

How fluke! Just watched the program a couple nights ago about KP and this in the news today. Dang, I was hoping some of those inmates would have found their way to the segregation cells of MR, PB and RW (to name a few creepy ) and gave them a wake up call. I feel they shouldn't be allowed to replace anything from their cells which they chose to destroy including windows. Let them freeze their arses off, serves them right. Hope they're made to clean up the mess they made also, and work to pay for all the damage the caused.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/10/kingston-prison-in-lockdown-after-inmates-rebel

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2012/12/10/kingston-prison-in-lockdown-after-inmates-rebel

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/media/rgnlrls/ont/12/12-09-eng.shtml

:christmastree::santa::angel:

Merry Christmas little Angel.

Happy Holidays everyone!! Victoria is watching over all of us, and her family, from heaven I'm sure.

Dec. 28/12 Global News. I very much dislike this reporter reports there was no evidence of sexual abuse of Tori by the . The fact that his sperm and her blood and his blood mixed were found in his car is evidence enough to prove this sexually assaulted Tori. And the fact she was naked from the waist down also points to his guilt. Too many circumstantial factors also, missing back seat, internet searches... GUILTY, his plan all along. TLM was just a scapegoat for MR's evil doings. Everyday I pray this A&&HOLE is not granted another trial and I hope he gets what he deserves while incarcerated. MOO

Year end stories regarding Tori's abduction, trial ect.

http://www.globaltoronto.com/video/...nder/video.html?v=2321910668&p=2&s=dd#stories

CityNews Rewind 2012: The Michael Rafferty trial
http://www.citynews.ca/2012/12/24/citynews-rewind-2012-the-michael-rafferty-trial/#ad-image-0

Killers' trials major part of 2012 in the courts
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/29/killers-trials-major-part-of-2012-in-the-courts

Readers divided on top story of 2012
http://www.lfpress.com/2012/12/27/readers-divided-on-top-story-of-2012

Hello everyone...Newbie here so I thought I would say Hello and Thank you all for the kind words I have seen posted in regards to Victoria and her family! :angel:

As hard as it is to keep seeing this 's face in the media...Thank you to the LFP for putting the trial information in chronological order for easier reference should anyone be interested in looking up information concerning this trial. I hate looking back on this whole case as it is so heartbreaking but feel in order to have justice for Victoria we should not let this case die. We need to remember Victoria for the precious little girl she was and how horrifically she was stolen from her loved ones, and make certain her perpetrators/murderers remain where they are until their last breath. It is us, society who can make a difference when these evil monsters are about to be released from prison. Hopefully our voices will be heard come that time, if that time comes. Until then IMO I feel justice will be better served. If this is as good as we can make it, I pray it happens, no release. Rot in hell TLM and MR.

Hello sweet Angel Victoria. I will never forget you and I know you are resting in peace.

Daily video updates, as well as evidence, related to the Michael Rafferty murder trial
Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:53:21 EST PM

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/01/10/d...-related-to-the-michael-rafferty-murder-trial

Daily articles in the Michael Rafferty Trial
Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:47:52 EST PM

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/01/10/daily-articles-in-the-michael-rafferty-trial

As the day draws near to Victoria's disappearance I start to think about what is going on with that . Has there been any updates on his appeal?

Think about her every time I hear the song Halo by Beyonce and when I drive past where they found her. I will light a candle for her on April 8th in memory

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back