50/60 year old Amnesia Victim, Savannah, Ga area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the photo of Mr. McGinn and I don't think he is a match to our BK either, but I will start another thread for him in our missing forum:
untitled.jpg

I am coming up so empty.....every time I think I found a close possibility, I try and find out more about it and find out they were found or remains were found that were theirs. This is so strange, is it one we have already looked at?? I am really wondering if one of the other missing that we ruled out based on something might be him.

I wonder if we can find out more about Thomas Ray James, for some reason I keep coming back to him. I know it says brown eyes but everything else adds up, besides the eye color.

It just seems like this guy came out of nowhere, I can see for sure how he is definately frustrated. I am really starting to wonder if any of the information he has remembered is correct at all. Benjaman is such an odd spelling that we should have been able to find something easy.

Ok if he was exposed to the sun so badly he was blind, and he was severly sunburned, then that makes you think of a boating accident of some sort. But then again he was naked, so how far could he have gotten if it was a boating accident before someone seen him walking naked and called cops or something, so maybe someone dropped him off there naked???

I am so confused...but there is no trace of him almost.

I finished Colorado by the way and nothing....everything that I did find the person has been found or the remains were and id'd.

Let me know what yall think we should do next......

Kel

Dimples~ It is rather like he appeared out of thin air, doesn't it? Just materialized...naked and in bad shape. At the time, Georgia was experiencing a heat wave (I think). If he layed out in the sun all day, it would account for the burns etc.

We have to assume he didn't walk there naked unless it was in the middle of the night and no one noticed.

*If he were dumped there, who and why would they have reason to leave him naked?

*Did they steal his clothes, ID, and money?

*Why would anyone want secondhand underwear or socks?

*What would have caused him to lay in the sun and bake so brutally without waking up?

*Did anyone mention if there were alcohol or drugs found in his system right after they found him?

*Was a tox screen done?

*Were there any tan lines showing he wore jewelry?

*What did the beard growth on his face/neck look like?

*Were there tan lines showing he wore glasses or sunglasses?

*What shape were his teeth in? Had they been brushed recently?

*Were his fingernails long and unkept? Filthy? Toenails?

*Can we get photos of him when he was found or any more information from LE?

Very good questions SS! You should PM them to Benjaman.

I've marked Colorado as done and I'm about done with Oregon. There really needs to be a one stop missing persons database with a good search engine.

ETA: I keep wondering about the cataracts. It's stated that his blindness was later discovered to be caused by them and not sun damage. Am I understanding that correctly? Are cataracts hard to get treatment for? Does insurance balk at that? It seems that would be something that you couldn't ignore unless you were in a position such as being homeless and you then wouldn't have a choice.

Yes SS it is like he appeared out of thin air.....You had the best ideas so far, all of those questions you have are vital information to help find out where he came from..........

Ok anyone know how far from where he was found to a beach or something? I did come across the fact that ....the time period he was found was when hurricane charley and jeanne had hit florida, in one article it said up to 900 missing or unnaccounted for at the time.

Let's try to get a better photo of Thomas Ray James.......I am not sure how to go about it, but I am sure some of you guys here have some ideas......

Thomas Ray James is missing from Michigan but his debit card had been used in Indiana and Ohio after he went missing, so just maybe that could be the Indiana memory.....I have no idea that is concrete.

We could rule him out and he is the only one so far that seems to fit the time frame exactly and circumstances. The only thing is the brown eyes. The size seems to fit, Thomas Ray James wore glasses which if they came off he could possibly have seemed blind. His car was found but he never was, he was last seen at a rest area where he could have hitchhiked.....The location his car was found in Morehead KY is a pretty direct route to where Benjaman was found.

I found this as well......The lady at this link is in some way connected or is psychic or something....not real sure...didn't read all the pages just came up in a search, when searching for missing man amnesia.....it is on the front page a little ways down.

http://starlightinnerprizes.com/

I don't know everyone's opinion on contacting Brians Predictions guy, or someone like that but I guess it couldn't hurt. I just have a feeling it is something we overlooked or we are reading to much into his memories he has had.

Kel

Brian manages to pop up in everycase! Unfortunately, he's a con artist that preys on a victims family members and friends. He changes his drawings as the facts of a case comes out. He's entertaining, but that's about all he is.

Brian manages to pop up in everycase! Unfortunately, he's a con artist that preys on a victims family members and friends. He changes his drawings as the facts of a case comes out. He's entertaining, but that's about all he is.
I am all for using a psychic, however, you won't find a reputable psychic on television, the internet, or even one who charges for their "gift", imo. This is one area I have learned to stay away from on this website. Families of missing who have been literally terrorized and hurt by so-called psychics get quite upset when the subject arises, unfortunately. I would suggest we simply leave it alone. :rolleyes:

Yeah that makes sense, I just don't even know where else to go in this case. I did finish Colorado, so which state would be good next? I just can't even see how there seems to be nothing anywhere. Have you heard from his nurse or anyone who might have photos of him closer to when he was found?

Are there any other memories or thoughts that he has had? Did anyone from the Richmond Hill area ever come forth with any tips at all? Someone somewhere has to know or have seen something.

Anymore ideas anyone? What do you think I should try next SS?

Thanks yall,
Kel

Done!

Benjaman Kyle Search List
*States completed

CO-Dimples
IN-Phenolred
IN-Gina M
ME-Synthia
NB-AJ1020
NH-Synthia
OK-SS
OR-SuziQ
TX-KT CAN
UT-SuziQ*
VT-Synthia
Here are the states we have done...pick another! LOL

I just had another thought...it was mentioned BK could have been presumed dead in something like Hurricane Charley. Could he have been presumed dead in the Sept. 11 attacks?

Do we know what caused his amnesia? Was he found with a recent head injury that is presumed to have caused the amnesia, or could a psychological trauma have caused him to go into dissociative fugue?

At this point, it could have been anything. What troubles me about it is the fact he keeps saying it is like he lost the past 20 years...so what does he really remember about the rest of the 30?

SS I agree, it is hard for us to find anything out when we don't have all the information.....If he is only missing the last 20 years, then it seems like there would be more memories or something. Has anyone heard from his nurse lately?

Kel

SS I agree, it is hard for us to find anything out when we don't have all the information.....If he is only missing the last 20 years, then it seems like there would be more memories or something. Has anyone heard from his nurse lately?

Kel
Yes, she posted not long ago. I will feel much better if she can help answer the questions I have presented tho. Surely, someone can. Who was the LE agency on that case at the time?! We should probably go straight to them for such info.

I was wondering about the 20-year gap too. Perhaps he has a vague memory of being 20 years younger, but can't remember anything else beyond that. Also, if his amnesia is caused by dissociative fugue, this very well could have happened to him several times throughout his life. In the other cases I've read about, the people went missing multiple times. Each time Jeffrey Ingram went missing, he lost his memory of everything prior. But there are different types of memory, and if I remember this correctly from my college classes (psych major), episodic memory is the one they lose (specific events in their lives), while still retaining semantic memory (factual knowledge such as Denver is the capital of Colorado) and procedural (how to tie your shoes, play the piano, etc.) The mind is a complex thing!

I live 15 miles from Richmond Hill and never heard about this! But I will ask around and see if people remember hearing about him!

Yeah that makes sense, I just don't even know where else to go in this case. I did finish Colorado, so which state would be good next? I just can't even see how there seems to be nothing anywhere. Have you heard from his nurse or anyone who might have photos of him closer to when he was found?

Are there any other memories or thoughts that he has had? Did anyone from the Richmond Hill area ever come forth with any tips at all? Someone somewhere has to know or have seen something.

Anymore ideas anyone? What do you think I should try next SS?

Thanks yall,
Kel

Wow! I think Steve Dewey is a very good match! Right time frame, right height, looks a LOT like Benjaman... only problem is that he went missing so far away... but stranger things have happened I guess. Great find! I hope this is a match!

Well Richmond Hill is a port town, on the coast, and Mr. Dewey did go missing in the Fuerteventura (near Spain)....it's very far away but basically the same body of water...

I tried contacting the info e-mail address on Mr. Dewey's website, but got an error message. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$