50/60 year old Amnesia Victim, Savannah, Ga area

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a test email just to see and got an "over quota" message too.

I don't know... maybe they got a lot of tips at once? Or maybe they stopped checking the box... :(

Looking around for any more contact information...

ETA: I sent an email through http://www.missing-you.net/ - perhaps whomever that is directed to will respond.

Oh WOW!!!!!!!

It would be a miracle but this is the best so far without doubt.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a phone number for a relative.......It is a UK number I believe....

I am not getting overly excited but this is by far the best lead yet.......How in the world did you find that........great job either way........

Wow, sure seems like a good match. A freighter could have picked him up.

That was exactly my thoughts...but I can't figure out why they wouldn't contact authorities (unless they had something to hide).

My ONLY concern is that this man appears to be British - certainly Kyle would have some accent if he was from the UK? I don't know... they definitely look very very similar, and the blue eyes, too. I am not sure how amnesia would affect someone's accent in that way...

My ONLY concern is that this man appears to be British - certainly Kyle would have some accent if he was from the UK? I don't know... they definitely look very very similar, and the blue eyes, too. I am not sure how amnesia would affect someone's accent in that way...

This article from a website called, "The Brain From Top To Bottom," hosted by McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, has an interesting piece at the following URL: http://thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/a/a_10/a_10_p/a_10_p_lan/a_10_p_lan.html

See the section, entitled, "LEARNING TO SPEAK A FIRST AND SECOND LANGUAGE", the eighth paragraph, for information about the effects of amnesia on loss or retention of languages, either mother tongue or secondarily acquired language. (I copied/pasted the paragraph below).

Some types of brain damage can make people amnesic without affecting their ability to speak their mother tongue (which depends on procedural memory). But other types can cause serious problems in someone’s automatic use of speech without affecting their ability to remember a language that they learned consciously (using declarative memory). Other observations have been made that reflect this same distinction. For example, some people who have aphasia seem to recover their second language more successfully than their first, whereas some people with amnesia lose access to their second language completely. Alzheimer’s patients retain those language functions based on procedural memory but lose those, such as vocabulary, that are based on declarative memory.

Hmmmm....This Dewey fella does look like a good match. If he was in the ocean on that board for that long...I would think it would explain the burns, the eyes, and him being naked. It would also explain why no one had located this missing report as he doesn't seem to be listed many places. (Maybe the sun quite literally "cooked" his brain and is the reason for the prolonged amnesia.)

Great work! I think BK needs to look at this one.

For some reason he probably worked for the US Govt or State Department or something because this article says he is a United States so he was probably just working over there or something. I think this is a good match still......I agree it is strange if someone did pick him up on a boat, why wouldn't they call for help for him? It does make sense though that Steve Dewey was only wearing swim shorts, so that could explain him being naked, but if someone did pick him up and he was naked surely they would have given him clothing?????? I am just trying to stay positive......

Kel

For to the Costa Calma missing person Steve Dewey little hope for a lucky exit of the odyssey remains.
Happening was this already on 3 August, short after end of the Surfweltmeisterschaften 2004. A Windsurfer had been driven off probably by the strong wind and is considered since then as verschollen.
The 50jaehrige sportsman, a native US American, was seen the last mark against 13.00 o'clock local time at the beach. After noticing disappearing its hotel room was examined, and as one its papers at the beach found, alarmed one against 16.30 h the civil defense abandoned and water-been awake.
For all, which can possibly state something over the whereabouts or the event, the family furnished a web page. www.steve dewey.com . Or you can associate also under the telephone number 0041 - 61,272 01 32 directly with a relative.
It would not be the first time that dead a believing emerges again, although on the part of official places due to the time applied in the meantime by over three weeks little hope is made.

So that explains the no accent part, it says he was native to US America........that makes it even more of a possibility........

It is a couple thousand miles I think, so that is the only part that is discouraging, but I know from experience stranger things have happened?.........I am trying so hard to be optimistic.....it really looks like it could be him......

Did anyone get a number for the nurse that registered here and has contact with BK?

Kel

I don't have a number for either, but I sent a private message and the link to benjamankyle...

I wonder if Dewey's board was ever found.

Gosh, the match is just uncanny. I am sitting here staring at the photos. Wow. Even the lines between his eyebrows are there due to his past habit of squinting which it mentioned.
http://72.30.186.56/babelfish/translate_url_content?lp=de_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.steve-dewey.com%2findex.html

steve02.jpg
steve04.jpg
202282929.jpg
steve01.jpg

Here's a story about Steve Dewey.

"Mr Dewey was a business executive working for the multinational Sygenta and based in Basle, Switzerland. He leaves behind a widow and three children."

I am wondering if that is a mis-print... the company "SyNgenta" is based in Basel, Switzerland, according to Wikipedia.

I keep looking at the pictures of Steve's wife and kids. The heartbreak must have been awful. Wouldn't a match be wonderful. I wish they had info on Steve's site as to whether he had surgeries.

I keep looking at the pictures of Steve's wife and kids. The heartbreak must have been awful. Wouldn't a match be wonderful. I wish they had info on Steve's site as to whether he had surgeries.
It would be wonderful! I am getting quite excited about this one myself!

Can you even imagine the reaction of his family and friends to discover he is alive after all this time? Wow! Talk about a miracle. :eek: It would just be so amazing. I bet the national news organizations would clamour for his story then!! LOL They would be tripping all over themselves to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA