911 Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only listened the tapes one time each, so I might not have heard it correctly.

Didn't Jessica Adam say she talked to Brad well before she made 911 call (around 9ish) and that's when he told Jessica that NC had gone running w/ Carrie? Did she talk to him again before placing the 911 call?

Also, I took the calls to ER as a possibility that she was injured during the run, b/c she follows it up asking if there were any accidents (which I took to mean car/pedestrian accident).

I think Jessica KNEW something had happened, she just didn't WANT to go there.

Did you all catch, it was Jessica who had checked with hospitals before calling 911!

Another piece of information, imo, Brad forgot to put on his 'staging' list. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran
Even if he didn't have anything to do with her death (trying to be open-minded here! :) ), it sure comes across that he didn't care about her at all, imo.

Supposed to be at her house at 8:00? That wouldn't be a very long run if she left the house at seven. It seems that either Brad or Jessica has to be lying (or, unlikely, Nancy forgot the 8:00 appointment).

Do we know for sure if Brad told the police she went out for a jog at 7, or is this what Jessica said he said?
I believe I heard Brad give the timeframe on that Monday morning interview. I can't see Nancy going out, even shortly before 7am and have plans to meet Jessica at 8am, especially breaking from her usual routine of taking her car & cell phone. I also think it was something very important they had planned that day is another reason Jessica was so worried, like something she knew Nancy wouldn't have skipped or forgotten even though she doesn't say so directly.

I don't want to install realplayer on my computer, which is what is needed to play these calls. If anyone finds the audio with a different way to listen, could you post it here? Most news stations are giving the same link posted her, so I have tried before I bugged you guys. Thankyou.

I converted these to mp3 if anyone is interested and willing to host.

[ The "triggering event" could've been that Nancy had secured housing and was ready to move, then possibly Jessica was at a mutual friend's house with a pickup or large vehicle to help sweep her and the kids away.....[/QUOTE]

Her sister Khrista did say Nancy had been painting a house all week, maybe it was her 'new' house.

I felt so sorry for Jessica Adam when I heard that tape. She was so scared and nervous, and for good reason, it unfortunately turned out. She was a real good friend to NC -- and a ton better friend than BC was husband, whether he is guilty of NC's murder or not.

I felt so sorry for Jessica Adam when I heard that tape. She was so scared and nervous, and for good reason, it unfortunately turned out. She was a real good friend to NC -- and a ton better friend than BC was husband, whether he is guilty of NC's murder or not.
I agree and thank goodness Nancy had her as a friend or no one might have reported her missing until much later. I wonder if Brad even would've gotten around to it.

Jewish attorney , Seth Blum is a pro spin-mister.

There is very good reason why the cops have not named him a suspect or person of interest

"But if the nation's prosecutors are backing away from 'suspect', it's probably not because they've gone soft on crime, but because they want to avoid compromising their cases with prejudicial language."

The only way the Duke lacrosse case can be a parallel to this one is if the attorney is insinuating that the cops and DA investigating the NC case are crooked.

Well, that doesn't appear to be the case here. Personally, I think the Cary police are doing a great job.

There were plenty of folks on various message boards who did not rush to judgment about the Duke Lacrosse case and who thought something smelled rotten in Denmark with that case all along, and it wasn't the boys who were accused.

Respectfully,
RC

http://www.newsobserver.com/content/media/2008/7/22/20080722_cooperletter.pdf

This bozo attorney is the one looking for publicity.
Dragging the Duke lacrosse case as a parallel is plain stupid.

911 calls are public record and not released by the cops for any other reason.

I was tied up all day in meetings and just catching up on the posts. The 911 call audio from Jessica (or the friend) is just chilling to me. She KNOWS something is not right. And the fact that Nancy was supposed to meet her at 8:00 am, not in the afternoon is new to me as well. This makes her concern at almost 2:00 pm totally understandable, you can tell she's in that "I don't want to think the worst but I'm scared" mode.

My take: the DA has shrewdly sealed the search warrants, refused to name a suspect (to prohibit release of evidence to the defense) and will be seeking a murder indictment on Monday. The release today is just the tightening of the screws. Brad is not as smart as he thinks he is and he is out of his league. He's a classic narcissist and sociopath that Ann Rule would have nailed down in a heartbeat. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to defend himself.

I've only listened the tapes one time each, so I might not have heard it correctly.

Didn't Jessica Adam say she talked to Brad well before she made 911 call (around 9ish) and that's when he told Jessica that NC had gone running w/ Carrie? Did she talk to him again before placing the 911 call?

Also, I took the calls to ER as a possibility that she was injured during the run, b/c she follows it up asking if there were any accidents (which I took to mean car/pedestrian accident).

Yes, Jessica Adam called the Cooper house at 9:00, because Nancy was supposed to meet her at 8:00 to paint. Brad told Jessica Nancy left at 7 and running with 'Carrie.'

Later in the day when Nancy still hadn't shown up, Jessica called again and Brad said Nancy still hadn't returned. Jessica then called the hospital to be sure there had been no accident. After calling the hospital, Jessica called 911.

JMHO
fran

Jewish attorney , Seth Blum is a pro spin-mister.

There is very good reason why the cops have not named him a suspect or person of interest

"But if the nation's prosecutors are backing away from 'suspect', it's probably not because they've gone soft on crime, but because they want to avoid compromising their cases with prejudicial language."

Justthefax, I sincerely do love your posts and keen insight and ability to uncover many things. I think you're awesome. I was a little suprised, however, that you had to point out that Seth Blum is a "Jewish attorney." What bearing does that have on this? In this day and age of being politically correct, that comment could be taken the wrong way. Let me point out that I am not Jewish, but have many Jewish friends who would probably take offense, based on the phrasing. Food for thought...

Wow.....that is BOMBSHELL news!!!!!!
bomb1.jpg

Justthefax, I sincerely do love your posts and keen insight and ability to uncover many things. I think you're awesome. I was a little suprised, however, that you had to point out that Seth Blum is a "Jewish attorney." What bearing does that have on this? In this day and age of being politically correct, that comment could be taken the wrong way. Let me point out that I am not Jewish, but have many Jewish friends who would probably take offense, based on the phrasing. Food for thought...

Sorry if I offended anyone. I meant no disrespect, although I do think Mr Blum is an egotistical publicity hound.
I was just stating a fact and should have realized it could very well be offensive to some.

Yes, Jessica Adam called the Cooper house at 9:00, because Nancy was supposed to meet her at 8:00 to paint. Brad told Jessica Nancy left at 7 and running with 'Carrie.'

Later in the day when Nancy still hadn't shown up, Jessica called again and Brad said Nancy still hadn't returned. Jessica then called the hospital to be sure there had been no accident. After calling the hospital, Jessica called 911.

JMHO
fran

Thanks! I just didn't remember hearing her say she called him a second time.

I'm glad her friends were concerned about it and got the ball rolling in the search for NC.

I do wonder if BC called any hospitals (since he's not talking). I do know that Western Wake would be the closest to that area (and I believe that the one Jessica Adam says she called).

As for the search warrants being sealed, it seems very commonplace here in high profile cases and they usually state it would compromise an ongoing investigation. I don't think anything is strange about the release of the 911 tapes. Those always seem to get released quickly. I think BC's lawyer is just upset b/c Jessica Adam aired some of BC's dirty laundry. I didn't think it was anything malicious on her part, she was just explaining to 911 why she was concerned about her friend.

I converted these to mp3 if anyone is interested and willing to host.

I don't know how to do that, but I couldn't hear that other link someone provided and couldn't install the plugin available. I have windows 2000, works fine most of the time, but not now :confused:

my son said what i need is mp3 though....

It is really incredible to me to listen to both calls together. Jessica's voice is shaking and she is taking those deep breaths that you take to try to calm yourself down and keep from crying. She sounds truly terrified. I feel so bad for her. You know she just KNEW.

And then the call from the guy who found the body...he is so nonchalant. I think I was more emotional when I called to report that someone ran over our mailbox and knocked the fire hydrant down. I realize that he doesn't know her, but I'd be a little freaked out, he had to have known that he just found the woman half the city had been looking for for 2 days! He must be one level headed guy. Good thing - sounds like he didn't disturb much and helped keep the scene preserved.

OT to Just the Fax...I'm with NCBanker on this one. That was uncalled for.

Yes, what Brad didn't count on is that Nancy had some very close girlfriends (or at least one) looking out for her, worrying about her well-being and checking in with her and making plans, etc. Frankly, that's unusual in this day and age when so many people are only concerned with themselves and their lives. This may be, in fact, what allows this case to be solved...because the 911 call did come in fairly quickly, it was done by a FRIEND and not the husband, and the search was on. With the husband not reporting NC missing it focuses the spotlight of doubt in his direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels