911 Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, what Brad didn't count on is that Nancy had some very close girlfriends (or at least one) looking out for her, worrying about her well-being and checking in with her and making plans, etc. Frankly, that's unusual in this day and age when so many people are only concerned with themselves and their lives. This may be, in fact, what allows this case to be solved...because the 911 call did come in fairly quickly, it was done by a FRIEND and not the husband, and the search was on. With the husband not reporting NC missing it focuses the spotlight of doubt in his direction.

She also said they were going through a divorce, not everyday marital issues. Can you imagine the tension in that house when they were living together because he made it impossible for her to leave ?

I had the same problem and it turns out that the newest Real Player doesn't work with a bunch of Windows programs (including XP) - except Vista, I think -- based on my research.

So I downloaded RealPlayer 8 here, and it worked:

http://forms.real.com/real/player/blackjack.html

Respectfully,
RC

I don't know how to do that, but I couldn't hear that other link someone provided and couldn't install the plugin available. I have windows 2000, works fine most of the time, but not now :confused:

my son said what i need is mp3 though....

Wow.....that is BOMBSHELL news!!!!!!
bomb1.jpg

Yes it was! It just shows how quickly people catch on to these type of situations, ie 'missing person,' = foul play, no foul play. When the friends of the victim suspect something immediately when unable to contact their friend, I'm sure LE knows they most likely have an urgent matter on their hands. They're also trained and have seen first hand, when a person is 'missing,' what to look for to suspect the person isn't missing voluntarily. Nancy fit the mold of NOT leaving of her own accord. ie, wife, mother of two small children, normally extremely reliable.

I recall during the Peterson case, we tried to guess how long it took LE to figure out Scott most likely did it. We thought perhaps within the first two hours or so. During the trial, we found out LE suspected the husband within the first hour. That's why rather than waiting the normal 72 hours to call in detectives, the first responding officers called Broccini. Although it was Christmas Eve and the detective was almost 2 hours away, Modesto LE knew they had a SERIOUS situation.

It amazes me how so many of these guys could be so well educated and, well, very intelligent, yet they do something sooo dumb! It's like they've been so full of THEMSELVES all their life that they think they can do EVERYTHING, including MURDER and get away with it. They always think they're smarter than those that have gone before them and got caught. But, the fact is, they're transparent as heck!

We always hear 'everyone grieves in their own way,' as excuses for the actions of the SO in these cases. But the fact is, there is no play book on 'how not to look guilty,' so the NOT POI quite often plays right into LE's hand.

When these cases occur, the victim and everyone around them becomes an open book. Nothing is sacred when LE is investigating a missing person = murder. Every skelaton falls out of the closet and there is nowhere to hide. Affairs, $$ problems, abuse whether emotional or physical all is revealed in the end.

Soon the girl friend will be revealed, so expect the next excuse for the husband by his attorney to be 'just because someone commits adultry, doesn't make them a murderer.' or something close to that. It's all 'standard operating procedure' in these types of cases. How many times did we hear that about Scott Peterson?

JMHO
fran

PS mahmoo, welcome to Websleuths! and I love your avatar, funny. :)

She also said they were going through a divorce, not everyday marital issues. Can you imagine the tension in that house when they were living together because he made it impossible for her to leave ?

Yeah, the way it was first brought up, like they had a tiff over the mashed potatoes or something.

Divorce is NOT just a 'marital issue.' Especially when one takes passports away to prevent the other from leaving and then withholding any means of support for the entire family.

Utterly ridiculous!

This guy has hidden behind closed doors for so long, somehow he thought all this stuff was not going out? He must be from MARS or something! :eek:

It's obvious by the 911 call, that Nancy was like an open book with her friends. They knew within minutes, that this situation was not right and they didn't believe the husband one bit!

"that is if he's telling the truth," or something like that.

It's so sad to see this happen over and over and over. Again we see that what is out for the world to see isn't necessarily indicative of what is going on behind those closed doors. :(

JMHO
fran

Sorry if I offended anyone. I meant no disrespect, although I do think Mr Blum is an egotistical publicity hound.
I was just stating a fact and should have realized it could very well be offensive to some.
No biggie - I've certainly made my share of gaffes.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I meant no disrespect, although I do think Mr Blum is an egotistical publicity hound.
I was just stating a fact and should have realized it could very well be offensive to some.

Thank you for apologizing. I found that comment incredibly offensive.

Yeah, the way it was first brought up, like they had a tiff over the mashed potatoes or something.

Divorce is NOT just a 'marital issue.' Especially when one takes passports away to prevent the other from leaving and then withholding any means of support for the entire family.

...and didn't BC also say that NC wasn't planning to leave him? Could have sworn one of the media sources had that quote - just issues, nothing serious. If he had taken the passports to prevent her leaving then what was that statement about? If you talk out of both sides of your mouth too much your bound to trip over your own words, huh?

...and didn't BC also say that NC wasn't planning to leave him? Could have sworn one of the media sources had that quote - just issues, nothing serious. If he had taken the passports to prevent her leaving then what was that statement about? If you talk out of both sides of your mouth too much your bound to trip over your own words, huh?

No, I think it was in response to her missing status. I remember him saying she wouldn't just take off.

The original 911 call by JA is still occasionally referenced, so I decided to transcribe it as best as I could. See link below:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgv9kg5q_055dk2k46

I was going back and listening to the audio file multiple times and decided a written version would help. Hope others find it useful, too.

WOW rmass! THANK YOU so much for transcribing the call! That is so very helpful. :clap:

Absolutely, well done! :clap: I think it's important to have it out there in black & white.

Thank you!

Thank you for doing that.

However, I still maintain that I hear "in there" the second time the cell phone is referenced.

Thank you for doing that.

However, I still maintain that I hear "in there" the second time the cell phone is referenced.

Well, I heard it as "is" at first after many listens. Since you brought it up, I went back and cranked up the volume to the max. It could go either way, but now I hear "in" more times than not. So, I went back and updated the transcript.

Good ears, Star12! (Mine are now ringing.) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member