A little of this and a little of that - Off topic posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my understanding of what I've seen so far from MC's lawyer that the defense strategy may very well be that it was a case of entrapment by the LE because of her direct involvement with the Haleigh case.

LE has stated that this is not the case. That the drug arrests are seperate.

However, since MC's lawyer is choosing (possibly we aren't sure yet) to open this door.

Then couldn't questioning of those providing testimony also related to this case (RC) within a tight framework be asked about the Haleigh case?

I don't know, I'm just curious as to if this could happen.
I don't think Misty's lawyer would have to mention Haleigh to build an entrapment defense. He doesn't have to show a motive. The defense would be built on facts, such as, whether the UC made the initial contact with Misty asking her to acquire drugs for him, and whether he called her at later dates looking for drugs.

The wording used in the arrest reports is interesting. In the first report from 12/22/09:

Through previous conversations, the UC indicated to Misty Cummings that he wished to purchase 45 Roxicodone pills, at which point Cummings stated that she would be able to provide the pills.

The wording becomes more ambiguous in the subsequent reports:

Through previously recorded telephone conversations with the UC and Misty Cummings, Cummings agreed to sell [name of drug] to the UC.

Link to drug arrest reports
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=151021&catid=3

Personally, I say if MC hasn't started singing by now I don't think they're going to break her. It's going to take a heck of a lot more than telling her RC is going to testify against her to get her to sing and roll over on him, because I don't think she believes it. Remember, she is in love with RC and she thinks he loves her and that's a tough bond to break.

If LE wants to break MC down then they are going to have to think back to what it was like when they were young and in love with the wrong person and remember what it took to break themselves of that person. Usually at that age they haven't experienced life long enough to be willing to listen to reason even if it slaps them right square in the face. MC is too in love with RC to believe that he could possibly turn on her and testify against her. In her mind it ain't going to happen period. On the other hand, it might work with TC telling him that RC is going to testify against him, but they would get even further with TC if they took his wife and kids out of the picture. Lindsey is all TC has got to hang on to.

They don't need his testimony to convict Misty.
He can add absolutely nothing.
If I were the prosecutor, I would not put him on the stand. It wouldn't even take a good defense attorney to turn things upside down and Misty could walk.
There's got to be some other reason for this--but it's not like the State is giving up a lot here--15 years is more than plenty of time for RC, unless you believe he is involved somehow with Haleigh--and I don't believe he is. This guy is basically just a drug addict--and it's not that I don't believe in giving drug addicts time, but there are other, cheaper ways to try with a dope fiend than 15 years hard time, not that I have any sympathy for the guy.
But long term lock up is expensive and there's only so much room in these jailhouses even when they're packing them in there like sardines.

Seems to me they could send them all to treatment instead of prison. At least in treatment they have a chance of being helped. Save the prisons for the child molesters, rapists, and killers. They are always complaining that there isn't enough room to keep them for the length of time that they should...like for the rest of their lives. To me that would be way more productive and save the state money at the same time. Most of the time a person caught with drugs or dealing drugs gets more time in prison then a child molester or rapist. That isn't right. They could send Tommy, Misty, Ron, and the cousin that was just sentenced to different drug lockdown treatment centers for a year and it would do them more good then putting them in prison. They could go to different centers so none of them would be with someone that they know or got caught with.

Hi gmapiggy! I totally disagree with you. I think TN and GGS have known for years and perhaps participated in those drugs. Something is very wrong with that family and all the dynamics surrounding it.
Please understand that I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE with you. Welcome to WS!

For what it's worth 4Jacy, I agree. IMO Both these ladies are and have been well aware of Ron's activities. That's why you have TN standing by Ron's side when he appeared early after his daughter was reported missing. She's also been his mouthpiece on NG. Certainly both knew of his pervious drug charges, even if there wasn't a conviction.
Besides, TN admits she knows the taste of Oxi, herself. It's bitter and that's how she knows Haleigh didn't take it and think it was candy. JMO

I don't think Misty's lawyer would have to mention Haleigh to build an entrapment defense. He doesn't have to show a motive. The defense would be built on facts, such as, whether the UC made the initial contact with Misty asking her to acquire drugs for him, and whether he called her at later dates looking for drugs.

The wording used in the arrest reports is interesting. In the first report from 12/22/09:

Through previous conversations, the UC indicated to Misty Cummings that he wished to purchase 45 Roxicodone pills, at which point Cummings stated that she would be able to provide the pills.

The wording becomes more ambiguous in the subsequent reports:

Through previously recorded telephone conversations with the UC and Misty Cummings, Cummings agreed to sell [name of drug] to the UC.

Link to drug arrest reports
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=151021&catid=3

Personally, I think they were ALL entrapped & Hope got a s****y deal.

I would think that it would have to be things to do with Misty that he would be testifying about at her trial. I can see him telling on the suppliers and people who were buying from them at his own trial or to get a deal but I don't know how that would be speaking against Misty at her trial. Seems like it would have to be about things that she did that is unknown.

I don't believe for a minute this his mother or his GRAMMA are involved in this drug mess. In fact I think it is disgusting to even name his gramma. Ron might use drugs but it doesn't mean that his mom and gramma do. I've never even read or heard anything about his mom and gramma using drugs except by some people on here. People seem to be getting carried away or letting their imaginations run away with them. :furious:[/QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------

I have never once stated TN or GGMS use drugs, but I heard Ms. Misty, herself, state ALL The Cummings do drugs...JMO

This was in answer to PassionFlower but I have read things said by quite a few here believing that Rons Gramma and mom also use drugs too. I wasn't talking about anyone who hasn't made the statement and the people who have accused them...especially this elderly lady...know who they are.
I know that Misty has claimed that but I also know that you can't believe anything that comes out of her mouth. I just know that if anyone had ever accused my Gramma of using drugs I would have torn their head off.

Not wanting to accuse anybody in particular but I know for a fact that some people's grandparents do use drugs. (ahem) Just because somebody becomes a granny doesn't make them sober, necessarily.

Prescription drugs abuse is rather common in the elderly because they often have legitimate complaints that they need painkillers for and it gets so easily out of hand because they're addictive.

Then again there are Gmas like mine! God rest her soul! Haley's milk of magnesia, tums and alka-seltzer! OH and on a rare occasion Egg Nog (with RUM!)

even GGMS is not THAT OLD!
Srsly IDK but I'd guess like 70? and more likely than not granny did have pills... except they mysteriously disappeared everytime!......when the great grandkids showed up!

I am not above admitting that I am wrong I'm jus sayin some Gparents are pill poppers (and it's a bad thing) and other Gparents won't touch one!(and it's a bad thing)
Stealing drugs from your GGma is a bad thing!

BUT when you buy pills from an UC officer and then try to sell them back to an UC officer... you can't really blame granny anymore can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels