A makeshift chair, shovel, and rope

If someone was watching trailer,woun'dt they have gotten rid of evidence beforehand?If it was a homeless person,just living out there,could be he booked it,when seeing LE swarming woods.Can you imagine,just living out there and that happens,sorry,just got a mental picture,not funny,but I had to laugh at the thought.Ah!Or,it could be a hunter's spot and he just keeps his stuff out there.If it was someone watching and took her,he's pretty stupid to leave all that evidence.But,you never know,pervs aren't bright.

On the Astro's thread Jersey*Girl posted a photo of the chair and a great explanation in chair building 101. Don't know how to bring the post over, but did ask her if she would not mind. Hope to see the photo's soon. i think it would really help everyone.ETA: Astro's Haleigh thread #1, starts on bottom of page twenty.
hope that helps some.
Photo posted last month in the Photo/image thread here

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3328188&postcount=12

If someone was watching trailer,woun'dt they have gotten rid of evidence beforehand?If it was a homeless person,just living out there,could be he booked it,when seeing LE swarming woods.Can you imagine,just living out there and that happens,sorry,just got a mental picture,not funny,but I had to laugh at the thought.Ah!Or,it could be a hunter's spot and he just keeps his stuff out there.If it was someone watching and took her,he's pretty stupid to leave all that evidence.But,you never know,pervs aren't bright.

I am in agreement with you winterrose. I dont see this as anything to do with this case. There has been discussions of the brick and why someone would take the time to place it. Making this chair would take longer. If I am really off here let me know.

I can't imagine a survivalist or even a homeless person leaving behind any equipment that could be used later. How close to the trailer was this lean to shelter and chair?

I can't imagine a survivalist or even a homeless person leaving behind any equipment that could be used later. How close to the trailer was this lean to shelter and chair?

I can't either,unless a homeless didn't know what was going on,thought they were safe just living in woods and all of a sudden all heck breaks loose and LE are everywhere looking for Haleigh.A hunter isn't going to carry a homemade tree chair home,though,if they live close enough they'll just keep it there.

We live in a big county,there's different places where homeless men live together in woods.It's sad.

We live in a big county,there's different places where homeless men live together in woods.It's sad.

You have made a good point. It is like that in almost every state. So many homeless people that will seek shelter where ever they can. Some will sleep at the parks, abandoned houses or behind buildings. But then LE will ask them to move and they try to build shelter out of sight. It is very sad at how many homeless people we have right her in America.

The big question to me is where was this chair found?
Was it in a position to be used to stake out Haleigh's house?
Could the person use it for that purpose?
Or was it found in a area where Haleigh's house cannot be seen?
What is the thing with the antenna on the back of the chair?
Is it a small umbrella, or a gps device?
TIA to anyone who thinks they might know.

The chair doesn't look very comfortable, or very large.
The person who made/used it may have been small in stature?
yes, no?
It doesn't look very old, actually looks quite recently made.
Does this chair have anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance?

imo, a homeless person would leave the chair, but remove the man made materials.
A hunter would just leave it there, and imo a perp would also just leave it there.

Where is all of this rumor and information coming from?the chair was found by searchers,but what is this about what Ron thought,revenge and such?

I also read that searchers found the makeshift chair when Haleigh within a few days of her being missing.

Photo posted last month in the Photo/image thread here

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3328188&postcount=12

thanks Tom'sGirl- always forget about the different threads. This is a good shot of the chair. odd... someone would lean a stick behind it like that. looks like it would hit you in the head if you were sitting down. The person must have placed it there after sitting in the chair...probably doesn't mean anything, just odd.

So Ron may have been the one to start this rumor. huh...don't know what to think anymore.

Praying for Haleigh

Hi Roblyn, please forgive me for taking so long. I had to get away from the Haleigh thread for a day or 2. Here's what I posted previously:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3341180&postcount=27
I absolutely hate to bring this up again...but I've posted about it and still haven't heard anything on it here. During one of the original foot searches, a makeshift lean-to and chair was found in some woods. I cannot, for the life of me, find out which set of woods or direct area this chair made out of sticks was found. In looking at this chair, it seems as though the garrote, or rubbery fabric tie, used for the backing of the chair is rather newish. It also appears that the bottom left (when looking at the picture, so in all reality it would be the bottom right when the person as well as the chair is facing forward) is wet. I am wondering if maybe the wetness could be urine, so as to keep snakes away. I don't think it's wet or damp from the weather, b/c the whole chair would be wet. It could be important to note that a person could actually lay down facing the back of the chair. I noticed that the garrote actually looks stretched in certain spots. I'm thinking the person's weight has everything to do with that. I learned how to make furniture out of sticks in the girlscouts, when I was a kid. I believe this person could have learned in the boyscouts. I believe this person could weigh between 160-190 based on the stretched portion of the garrote. Also, based on the stretched area, I don't think they are extremely tall in stature, b/c of where the deepest stretched parts lay. I believe this chair is important and was used by the perp. Since I haven't received a response, and I think it's important to find out where it was found, on what day, approximate time, etc...I'm posting the pic so you can all see how eery it feels to look at it. Somebody knew just what the hell they were doing and they used it to scope out little Haleigh...maybe even used it for another sinister reason. Ok, well, here goes...
6a00d8341bf67c53ef011278f82b0228a4-800wi

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3342511&postcount=42
As far as I recall, yes. I don't even know if you all can do a chart centering around this chair, but thought if I could find out the date & approximate time of the find, maybe it could be done. I've been very much bothered by this chair ever since I saw it. I'd also like to add that the garrote (or backing of chair) simply has to be rather new b/c it would have discolored otherwise. How ironic or coincidental is it that this specific piece of stick furniture was found right after Haleigh went missing? My gut is telling me this is related...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3342906&postcount=48
You'd have to be able to make an educated guess, based on timber and tools, and have a basic engineering logic - frequently taught in the scouts as a kid. Yes, this "chair" could hold an adult. The placement of the bottom sticks that would hold weight is either where the knees would go or where the bottom of the feet would go, so as to hold it in place. I estimated it could hold upwards of 160-190 pounds, based on my experience as a child building stick furniture in the Girl Scouts. I can't remember if we earned badges for doing it or not. It's beside the point, b/c if you take into consideration the ligature or garrote, it sort of backs up what I'm suggesting. The person could have used this to scope out or wait for their prey. Something to think about: basic lawn chairs don't seem like they could hold alot based on what they're made out of, but the strategic build of them makes it possible. It's all in the engineering and placement of needed tools utilized.

:blowkiss: Thank-You so much for sharing Jersey, it is such great work. I understand about taking a break, it is very hard to think about. We have to keep praying and sleuthin for Haleigh. ETA: Gosh... looking at it again and re-reading your post, i am really wondering about this chair.

I just wanted to add something. Please everybody note that this is only speculation. I'm not an expert on this subject. I do find it incredibly odd that a makeshift lean-to was also there...along with the stick chair. For those of you that don't know what a "makeshift" lean-to is, it's temporary shelter made out of materials that are readily available in whatever locale you are at. In other words, if you were stranded on a desert tropical island, you might be able to make a shelter out of palm tree leaves, bark, hardened sand, and crushed shells, some sticks too. Yes, hunters, as well as fishermen, make these. Fish are aplenty in those parts of Florida, actually pretty much everywhere in Florida, so wouldn't there be fish remnants if this was made by a fisherman? It might be important to note that homeless people make these things. There's nothing more frightening to me than a homeless sex offender. Just something to think about. I still think it was used by the perp that took Haleigh...but I hope I'm wrong. God I hope I'm wrong.

I havent posted much on this thread, the Caylee case really took a toll on me...any way...sorry if this has already been said...but that chair looks very fresh...you can see how the bark is just peeling off the wood....it hasnt been sitting out there very long at all...you can even still see the edges that have been cut....they have those fresh splinters around the edges...

What is that on the back of that chair....a walkie/talkie ? ok I blew it up...and hubby doesnt think its a walkie/talkie....but it is straped and snaped to the chair...looks cone shaped with something sticking out of the top...which close up looks like a box cutter.....hubby thinks its some kind of army gadget....and is all one peice....can someone blow it up and post it? Im unable to do it....thanks

Hi Roblyn, please forgive me for taking so long. I had to get away from the Haleigh thread for a day or 2. Here's what I posted previously:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3341180&postcount=27
I absolutely hate to bring this up again...but I've posted about it and still haven't heard anything on it here. During one of the original foot searches, a makeshift lean-to and chair was found in some woods. I cannot, for the life of me, find out which set of woods or direct area this chair made out of sticks was found. In looking at this chair, it seems as though the garrote, or rubbery fabric tie, used for the backing of the chair is rather newish. It also appears that the bottom left (when looking at the picture, so in all reality it would be the bottom right when the person as well as the chair is facing forward) is wet. I am wondering if maybe the wetness could be urine, so as to keep snakes away. I don't think it's wet or damp from the weather, b/c the whole chair would be wet. It could be important to note that a person could actually lay down facing the back of the chair. I noticed that the garrote actually looks stretched in certain spots. I'm thinking the person's weight has everything to do with that. I learned how to make furniture out of sticks in the girlscouts, when I was a kid. I believe this person could have learned in the boyscouts. I believe this person could weigh between 160-190 based on the stretched portion of the garrote. Also, based on the stretched area, I don't think they are extremely tall in stature, b/c of where the deepest stretched parts lay. I believe this chair is important and was used by the perp. Since I haven't received a response, and I think it's important to find out where it was found, on what day, approximate time, etc...I'm posting the pic so you can all see how eery it feels to look at it. Somebody knew just what the hell they were doing and they used it to scope out little Haleigh...maybe even used it for another sinister reason. Ok, well, here goes...
6a00d8341bf67c53ef011278f82b0228a4-800wi

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3342511&postcount=42
As far as I recall, yes. I don't even know if you all can do a chart centering around this chair, but thought if I could find out the date & approximate time of the find, maybe it could be done. I've been very much bothered by this chair ever since I saw it. I'd also like to add that the garrote (or backing of chair) simply has to be rather new b/c it would have discolored otherwise. How ironic or coincidental is it that this specific piece of stick furniture was found right after Haleigh went missing? My gut is telling me this is related...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3342906&postcount=48
You'd have to be able to make an educated guess, based on timber and tools, and have a basic engineering logic - frequently taught in the scouts as a kid. Yes, this "chair" could hold an adult. The placement of the bottom sticks that would hold weight is either where the knees would go or where the bottom of the feet would go, so as to hold it in place. I estimated it could hold upwards of 160-190 pounds, based on my experience as a child building stick furniture in the Girl Scouts. I can't remember if we earned badges for doing it or not. It's beside the point, b/c if you take into consideration the ligature or garrote, it sort of backs up what I'm suggesting. The person could have used this to scope out or wait for their prey. Something to think about: basic lawn chairs don't seem like they could hold alot based on what they're made out of, but the strategic build of them makes it possible. It's all in the engineering and placement of needed tools utilized.

The report about possible revenge came early on. In more recent interviews, Ron has said he has no enemies.

If I thought someone took my child as a pay back I would tell the media that I have no enemies too. I would really play dumb. I would tell LE exactly who I think it might have been though as I would bet Ron has done. Why would he not tell LE? He wants his daughter back. He just doesn't want to get her killed while trying to get her back. If the person who has Haleigh catches on that Ron has a good idea who took her that just might be the end of Haleigh.
Lie to the media...he doesn't owe them or us a thing. Let LE handle it and Haleigh might have a chance of surviving.

If I thought someone took my child as a pay back I would tell the media that I have no enemies too. I would really play dumb. I would tell LE exactly who I think it might have been though as I would bet Ron has done. Why would he not tell LE? He wants his daughter back. He just doesn't want to get her killed while trying to get her back. If the person who has Haleigh catches on that Ron has a good idea who took her that just might be the end of Haleigh.
Lie to the media...he doesn't owe them or us a thing. Let LE handle it and Haleigh might have a chance of surviving.

That makes perfect sense to me. I to would lie as long as I had to to keep my family safe. I would tell LE the truth, but lie to everyone else.

What is that on the back of that chair....a walkie/talkie ? ok I blew it up...and hubby doesnt think its a walkie/talkie....but it is straped and snaped to the chair...looks cone shaped with something sticking out of the top...which close up looks like a box cutter.....hubby thinks its some kind of army gadget....and is all one peice....can someone blow it up and post it? Im unable to do it....thanks

I thought it looked like walkie-talkie too.

ITA with MADJGNLAW and Bobbisangel that Ron needs only to share the truth with LE and he doesn't owe that to the media or the public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back