A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
KatieCooLady is having trouble connecting to WS so I'm posting this on her behalf (via her txt message)

Please post. I talked to Beth and question I saw passed to juror basket was a procedural question and not a Jury question for Jodi.

omg where is katiecoolady

She's in the courtroom today. I believe she's sitting on the side with the family but out of the camera shot. 1st or 2nd row to our right (looking at the screen).
HTH

KatieCooLady asked me to let you all know she's going out after court so notes will be later tonight.

Her posts are always excellent and packed full of info. Will be worth the wait. :)

I am very curious to know how Jodi's mom and aunt reacted to seeing Travis' body with the stab wounds today, while Jodi was squirting out crocodile tears. Anyone have a good look at them? It was so, so heartbreaking seeing how upset his sisters were. I couldn't hold back my tears, but then I got so mad because Jodi is sitting there sobbing when she is the one who killed him. I don't for one second believe that this wasn't her intent. I want her to spend the rest of her days rotting in a cell and I will lose all hope in the justice system if that doesn't happen, at the very least. I'm not a death penalty person, but I would take that over her ever stepping foot out of prison again.

Thanks for replying to my question last night on whether or not there is actual proof she called or texted Travis in route on June 4th or did she show up unannounced. I have been looking for any proof and since JM never showed actual records I'm guessing she did let him know she was coming. If anyone knows otherwise please post because it's making me crazy :crazy:.

I have seen the posts of how she holds her drinking cup and I think I may know why. Her left hand holds the cup toward the jury so they can see how her hand loosly lays across the cup just like the way her hand loosly lays over her sisters shoulder in the photo. When she holds it like this you cannot see the bend in her finger.

I look forward to tonights updates in court...:)

Court just let out. KatieCooLady asked me to post that she's out to dinner with Katie-Dr. Drew's Juror, a friend, and the guest juror on Dr. Drew tonight. She'll be home later to post her notes. :)

It was quite a day and I'm sure she'll have lots to tell us. :)

Can't wait to see the notes from today!

they're jealous :)

It makes me wonder whether they actually try -- or have tried -- cases to a jury. With a witness like JA, he must take control away from her. By doing so, the jury has the benefit of seeing the "true" (if there is one) Jodi Arias.

Another question for our insiders, sorry if it's been asked already, my WS time is too limitted the last few days to catch up on all the posts. :(

First an observation, then the question. On three different occasions JM has questioned JA on the stand about specific lies. Each time he starts he says when you called the detective you said this and that was a lie, right? and JA replies with a simple yes. He goes on down the list of her interviews and phone calls with others as well as her texts to others and asks one by one, this was a lie, right? Again for each one she answers with a simple yes. Then at the end in all 3 cases I've seen him do this, he asks about someone in Arizona and says you were lying to him too, right? and she looks at the jury and says "Yes, I lied to everyone"
To me, that seems to say "Yes, I lied to them and I'm lying to you" since it's only when he mentions AZ that she says "Yes, I lied to everone" followed by a smirk. She doesn't offer that when he mentions any other state but AZ. Have any of you noticed that, and do you think the jurors have picked up on that?

Today it really hit me... I wonder if anyone in the courtroom saw Travis' sister break down ...? I believe her name is Samantha... At one point this afternoon the camera panned to her, (The stab wounds to his back photo was up), The poor girl just crumpled in her seat, put her head down and sobbed. It was eerie on account of how much I think she resembles Travis. Her face looked like she was in physical pain. It was the first time during this trial I cried. All I could think of was my sister and I and she and her sister having to withstand the litany of lies , and the trashing of her brother's good name. I am so relieved this is the weekend. I felt so much for her. I hope to GOD JA gets the death penalty. Not because she will be put out of her misery, eventually, More so because she, by all accounts, seems to be trying to avoid it.

I am praying for all of you girls who are brave enough to attend. And most of all for Travis Alexander's family and friends.

Were you able to watch or listen to this morning?? It was huge! You are there at the perfect time and I can't wait to read your notes!!

I think more crime scene and/or autopsy photos are coming up. I think this is going to be another incredibly hard day for TA's family. Please send your vibes of strength and support from all of us.

:grouphug:

Thank you katie
Wonder if the jury ! Noticed Samantha crying? And I heard said that after crying she lifted her face she was laughing? Or smiling

How was jm mom and aunt seem after court today? It was a painful day all around..look forward to the Ws reports.....waiting .....

Today it really hit me... I wonder if anyone in the courtroom saw Travis' sister break down ...? I believe her name is Samantha... At one point this afternoon the camera panned to her, (The stab wounds to his back photo was up), The poor girl just crumpled in her seat, put her head down and sobbed. It was eerie on account of how much I think she resembles Travis. Her face looked like she was in physical pain. It was the first time during this trial I cried. All I could think of was my sister and I and she and her sister having to withstand the litany of lies , and the trashing of her brother's good name. I am so relieved this is the weekend. I felt so much for her. I hope to GOD JA gets the death penalty. Not because she will be put out of her misery, eventually, More so because she, by all accounts, seems to be trying to avoid it.

I am praying for all of you girls who are brave enough to attend. And most of all for Travis Alexander's family and friends.

I hope the jury picked up on that! It's so sad!

Ok I'm knew.... So so enjoy your reviews so many details and makes us feel like we are in the courtroom with you..y'all (from ms, ha) have answered all of my questions... Well done:

Having said that I would like to know how the jurors reacted today when Jodi was describing after the body slam and running in the closet gun scenario how did the jury react to that?

Especially the time it took to do all that, were they taking notes?

What is your opinion on the courtroom reaction from the gallery and jury to the plausibility of the above scenario, especially how it seemed to me that she was adding details on the fly...
How Juan was able to bring that out in her was masterful, and was just wondering if that theme played the wole day in real time, as I thought it played on tv!
Wow, she is unbelievable, the depths that she goes too makes me ache for her family,lost my brother at a young age by drunk driver, I just ache for them!

Why do so many attorneys who are interviewed on TV think that Juan is doing a bad job? I think that he is doing a great job!

From what I understand they are getting paid to play the Devils Advocate. They are more than willing to go on the talk shows and act like they could do a better job than Mr. Martinez.

Remember the drew petersen case ...they insulted the prosecutors there. We all know where Geragos Clients go...to prison...check the attorneys records and see how many of them have worked as prosecutors.

It makes for better tv drama to have a Devils Advocate...that is why you dont see attorneys that are loving the job Juan is doing. IMO

Thank you katie
Wonder if the jury ! Noticed Samantha crying? And I heard said that after crying she lifted her face she was laughing? Or smiling

I believe you're referring to Jodi, not Samantha.

Jodi, after she lifted her face, could be seen laughing during one of her make-believe crying jags. I think it was when she removed her hands to take her glasses off. It was brief, but visible to anyone paying attention.

They've had the re-run of that moment on TV several times tonight.

Helllloooo! Ok what a freakin day start to finish. I'm gonna just start with my notes so here goes:

I get to court and immediately run in to Katie who tells me there's a big deal going on with a friend of Travis' who Jodi is trying to get kicked out of court. Apparently she told Nurmi that this friend is "making faces" at her and he tried to get her kicked out. Nicole, the VA intervened, allowed her to stay in with an admonition to keep her face STILL (she's very expressive) and lo and behold she went from sitting on the public side to sitting front row w/ Travis' family. CHA CHING! Karma done bit JA in the butt again.

I get in court first person in the family section simply because I got there early and no one back up yet. I took my same seat from yesterday. Nicole the VA came up and said there might not be a seat for me today which of course I totally understand but then Tanisha came up saying 3 family members would not be there that day so they let me stay...second row second seat in on the jury side. I could see JA perfectly without any obstruction from anything anyone. I also had a better view of the jury being one seat over.

PANIC AT THE DISCO! I didn't bring my journal! I was diggin my purse for a check record, anything and found my little "Field Notes' notebook...whew! I wrote in all the margins and everything.

Ok...so...now here we go.

Jennifer Willmott emerges from the elevator in flip flops. Nurmi wearing a purple shirt.

JA has no glasses on as she takes the stand.

The jury question is out of the basket now.

(to be continued...)

Looking forward to courtroom watchers notes. Are they still at some rooftop lounge enjoying themselves while we await ? Smile.

Page 2 (board running slow tonite eh?)

Of course she VonTrapps it as they walk in..same hand stance.

NO jurors look at her.

Testimony begins.

Ponytail looking down (more on my take on him later)

She blank stares over at the jury but NO ONE making eye contact with her.

Poquito head down...way down. He actually has that "bull" position Martinez demonstrated. ;)

2nd juror (male) who's not been looking at her for weeks is kicked back with his foot up against the wall on the inside of the jury box. He also has his left hand (her side) up to his chin the entire time.

Only rapt attention toward her: Maureen (but some posters kind of got me thinking about that today--I'm not worried about her now).

"I would have been dead" she says with an overdramatic verbage and a deadpan stare.

she remembers all these minute details then blanks...on the murder

she's staring blankly in to space..no one is looking back that I can see. It seems she's staring either at the jury box railing or over their heads or just in to some kind of space between them. She's not making contact with any of them nor them with her.

Dad, Paul Rudd and Tri Color has her head down...all writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500