a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just waking up guys but let me just tell you yesterday was one of those days start to finish I'll never forget.

I'm still in bed and not even gonna go get my notes because they are lengthy and i'm not gonna even try to get in to that before I head to work (after watching an hour of trial w/ everyone on the feed).

My highlights yesterday, during one of the many many breaks waiting, JM walked up to the family area and was just chatty, relaxed, friendly. I asked him if he ever ate those M&M's and he smiled and said "Oh no I'm saving those, I love them". It was such a sweet little moment.

After one of the long in chambers moments I saw Samantha and Hillary walk out with smiles on their face and JA and her side look very serious. I can't and won't say anything what I've learned from the family but I will say it had to do with an admonishment of someone I was personally glad to see get admonished.

There are MANY MORE juror questions coming this morning. In fact i don't expect to get to Juan even questioning them on them til Monday. Probably Willmott but doubtfully Juan. Which is ok by me cuz I"ll be in court Monday!

I got to meet and have a nice visit with WildAboutTrial who remains a bit of an enigma so I will never out this person nor ID them but it was a very cool conversation.

I think the biggest buzz around questions asked yesterday were the ones re: ALV looking over at JA and her answer, which was basically "you can't believe what you are seeing". I'll tell you, it is a VERY big difference looking at the front row vs looking at JA. It is a very obvious difference and those jurors know those perspectives just like the rest of us sitting in there for months now. She tried to BS them and they were NOT happy with that. Their faith in her expertise was also shown in those questions and to me, they were less interested in her answers then just being able to confront her.

Nurmi's shirt tail was hanging out the back of his jacket like a little pink bunny tail.

I had a crazy gut busting laugh with Nicole the VA about her telling me JM had informed her that somewhere in Dallas is a "Juan Martinez burger" on the menu.

We called it the --shoot will have to review my notes to get the exact wording--just glad cameras were not on and we were on break because we were busting a GUT laughing over it. Yes this is a very serious matter but honestly the pressure in there is so intense you can cut it with a knife that humor does peek in on the breaks.

There was a man in the courtroom who looked like Orville Reddenbacher.

NO ONE was in any concerned about even one juror question and you can include my dinner party companions in that. There were lots of hugs, smiles, tears and relief. Yesterday was another of many turning points.

Went to a catered Mexican dinner at a gorgeous home one of my courtwatching friends has in Mesa and it was a time I will never, ever forget as long as I live. I didn't get home til 2:30am and I feel it, believe me.

Came home to a package on my doorstep from one of her WSers and when I get a minute I will take pics and post...it will blow your mind! Something I believe I'm to pass to Juan Martinez (when/as appropriate) but will clarify today and do so on Monday.

8 min to make coffee and get set up to watch the trial for an hour.

Cheers all...today is a very good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how you do it! I get tired just reading what you pack into a day. Thanks of course, and take care today.

I think it's because they're pissed at bashing the true victim here. I also think they were frustrated that ALV would NOT answer Juan's questions and thought " ok, hot shot, you're going to be more inclined to be respectful and answer ours because you know we have your buddy's life in our hands so we'll get the answers for Juan. You wouldn't dare take that tone with us jurors now would you Alyce?"

She changed her tone but her attitude remained the same. The fact that she didn't answer many of the questions the jury asked either has to have hurt her tremendously. Very evasive and rediculously prejudicial against TA

Just waking up guys but let me just tell you yesterday was one of those days start to finish I'll never forget.

I'm still in bed and not even gonna go get my notes because they are lengthy and i'm not gonna even try to get in to that before I head to work (after watching an hour of trial w/ everyone on the feed).

My highlights yesterday, during one of the many many breaks waiting, JM walked up to the family area and was just chatty, relaxed, friendly. I asked him if he ever ate those M&M's and he smiled and said "Oh no I'm saving those, I love them". It was such a sweet little moment.

After one of the long in chambers moments I saw Samantha and Hillary walk out with smiles on their face and JA and her side look very serious. I can't and won't say anything what I've learned from the family but I will say it had to do with an admonishment of someone I was personally glad to see get admonished.

There are MANY MORE juror questions coming this morning. In fact i don't expect to get to Juan even questioning them on them til Monday. Probably Willmott but doubtfully Juan. Which is ok by me cuz I"ll be in court Monday!

I got to meet and have a nice visit with WildAboutTrial who remains a bit of an enigma so I will never out this person nor ID them but it was a very cool conversation.

I think the biggest buzz around questions asked yesterday were the ones re: ALV looking over at JA and her answer, which was basically "you can't believe what you are seeing". I'll tell you, it is a VERY big difference looking at the front row vs looking at JA. It is a very obvious difference and those jurors know those perspectives just like the rest of us sitting in there for months now. She tried to BS them and they were NOT happy with that. Their faith in her expertise was also shown in those questions and to me, they were less interested in her answers then just being able to confront her.

Nurmi's shirt tail was hanging out the back of his jacket like a little pink bunny tail.

I had a crazy gut busting laugh with Nicole the VA about her telling me JM had informed her that somewhere in Dallas is a "Juan Martinez burger" on the menu.

We called it the --shoot will have to review my notes to get the exact wording--just glad cameras were not on and we were on break because we were busting a GUT laughing over it. Yes this is a very serious matter but honestly the pressure in there is so intense you can cut it with a knife that humor does peek in on the breaks.

NO ONE was in any concerned about even one juror question and you can include my dinner party companions in that. There were lots of hugs, smiles, tears and relief. Yesterday was another of many turning points.

Went to a catered Mexican dinner at a gorgeous home one of my courtwatching friends has in Mesa and it was a time I will never, ever forget as long as I live. I didn't get home til 2:30am and I feel it, believe me.

Came home to a package on my doorstep from one of her WSers and when I get a minute I will take pics and post...it will blow your mind! Something I believe I'm to pass to Juan Martinez (when/as appropriate) but will clarify today and do so on Monday.

KCL, thank you for all that you do! I love that you keep us all informed but still retain the privacy of the family on certain matters. You are truly a remarkable person!:tyou:

Just a quick reminder/request you guys.

I have very limited time and energy right now juggling court, posting my notes, my family still in a delicate situation w/ my brother recently out of the hospital and my elderly father here, my own business and some kind of my own life at times.

My first and foremost priority always will be related to Travis Alexander's family and offering them what support I can during this trial (and beyond).

What I have time for is attending court and posting my notes and whatever extra things I get involved with for decompression.

I don't have time for lots of questions, passing along personal greetings to the family (I wait for them to approach ME and I let them talk to me what they want, I don't guide our conversations generally at all), I will never approach Martinez with passing along info, getting involved in other controversies about this trial or other trials. As you can imagine I get bombarded at times with requests for "can you...?" and honestly I don't even have the time to answer the question with a no much less do it. I'm trying to be polite to everyone but I'm really overwhelmed with requests.

If you want to pass a sentiment to the Alexanders please send it to them. If you want to pass something personally to me, please send me a pm on that subject only. if you want to donate funds, please use the paypal account justice4travisalexander@gmail.com

Things are very very serious now and my focus has gotten way narrowed. And kind of circling the wagons now for my own health and for privacy reasons.

Thanks for understanding...now here's the trial..........

As reported to me: FYI Laviolette, DelaRosa and Willmott waltzed in to the Palomar for dinner last night. Of all the restaurants near the court, they go to the one where ALL the media stay and where we go for our Happy Hours after court.

I call that BAITING.

thanks Katie....what I bolded above gives me freedom to DREAM and hollar YIPPEE!!!

Have never liked Juror's being able to question witnesses. The Judges I have worked for never allowed it. However, in this trial I am loving seeing how the Jury gets it. KCL, PASA and M3sons have all told us how much faith they have in this Jury. I can see why now!

Katie, please tell the family for me, that I had a brother and sister in law murdered the same year , 3 months prior to Travis's murder. It was brutal! I end the day crying so much for the family, that my DH has suggested That I quit following, But I can't! If not for the love, phone calls and the support of WS, I would never have made it though. Our trial took 4 years to start and I feel their pain. Until you walk that walk (as you well know), you can't fully comprehend. If they read my brother's thread, they will understand how special, warm and understanding the peeps that are here are. God bless you , your brother, and Ta's family!

Oh, sweet Tulessa, how my heart feels for you. My wonderful bro was murdered in 1985, and yet the pain is always there. It isn't as often that I go there, but it is as sharp as ever. Prayers and (((hugs)))!:seeya:

Katie, Pasa and all...thank you for the continuing information. It is hard to watch, harder to listen too, so I mute a lot. My son's ex is like JA. To this day she calls all our phones, emails and tries to contact him at work...he has a super boss. We are/were lucky, so lucky.

I have noticed a few things the past two days and earlier on....and wondered if anyone else has seen this.

1. The male defense attorney, now turns his chair towards his work partner and JA, but still he gets no closer. No longer keeping an eye on the jury...guess he read one of the comments here.

2. ALV...when she has been answering the jury questions, instead of just sitting in the chair she will "throw" her upper body forward as if to get into the jury's space when she answers some questions. I would feel very uncomfortable with that happening to me.

3. Watching JA yesterday, I kept wondering what she was picking off the table and eating. Seeing her give her stubby pencil to someone for sharpening today, is it possible she was eating the pencil shavings?

4. And last...lately JA has worn the same glasses, however, in earlier court hearings, I saw at least two other frames on her, this pair she wears now is the third. How many glasses is a person allowed in jail? Or are they just for the trial/looks and she does to really need them. I just thought it was strange

OT Pasa, I pray for your family Member.
Katie, hugs to your brother, I am proud of him.
Mods..thanks...a huge job you have.
Everyone else...thanks for the remarks, comments. It is easier to read here then watch.

Thank you so much. This morning, I got an angle of the courtroom I rarely have seen from the back corner (side Alexanders sit on). I FIRMLY believe that MANY of the smirks of JA have been directed THAT way and NOT to the jury at all. I believe she was looking at one or more of TA's sisters and that is why the brother is now sitting on the end. This has been an EXCELLENT day for TA and I look forward to more of your comments.

As reported to me: FYI Laviolette, DelaRosa and Willmott waltzed in to the Palomar for dinner last night. Of all the restaurants near the court, they go to the one where ALL the media stay and where we go for our Happy Hours after court.

I call that BAITING.

Why shouldn't they go there? I can understand it would be insenstive if TA's family was known to go there.. but the media and the court osbservors? So what?

Katie, thank you for your post and am so pleased you had a terrific day. That party sure sounded like a great stress-breaker!

Do take care of yourself and your family. Do what you need to do for Travis' family. Notes are wonderful, but shouldn't be so high on your priority list when your life gets so crowded.

I know you will post them when you feel up to it.

Pasa, sending healing vibes and love to you and your relative. It's not easy for you. Take care as well.

Juror #11 (Poquito) is ill and has been dismissed from further involvement.

Noooo!!!! We liked him!!

Paco / Poquito is OUT.

I hope he is feeling better soon. =o(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads