a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any court observers lucky enough to be there in person:

Does JW sound as high pitched and whiny in court, as she does on TV? Her voice sounds very grating imo, but it might sound less 'Minnie Mouse' like in real life, IDK.

Also, when watching on TV, JW seems to be all over the place and kind of disorganized. Does it seem that way in court?

KCL - Did you get the feeling that no questions and reduced note-taking from the jury during JD was a sign of relief of sorts? After hearing for a month from the two DT "experts" that they were supposed to toss their eyes, ears, and common sense down the toilet, it seemed the juror reaction to JD would be, "Thank God! She's saying all the stuff I was thinking when these other two were testifying, so it's not true that everyone has lost their mind." Plus she could actually explain complex subjects in a way that the average person could understand instead of talking down to them and saying, "Trust me; don't try to figure it out yourself. Here's how it is."

And then on top of all that, the jurors had to be thinking, "You mean we wasted a month on this stuff that was wiped out in only four hours by JM?" And then it's followed by JW droning on forever on stupid minutia while I picture JM trying not to burst out laughing. Are people in the courtroom sensing that the jury must be livid with this defense team?

I must be missing something, or totally unaware of how to treat your defendant, but shouldn't the defense team try to do something about Jodi vigorously drawing all day? It is too late for an insanity consideration, so why would they not try to stop that? Or do they want everyone to see her as a little kid, drawing at her table in the big courtroom?? I know this has been asked in a variety of ways, but I cannot figure this one at all. Pardon my naivete.

KCL - Did you get the feeling that no questions and reduced note-taking from the jury during JD was a sign of relief of sorts? After hearing for a month from the two DT "experts" that they were supposed to toss their eyes, ears, and common sense down the toilet, it seemed the juror reaction to JD would be, "Thank God! She's saying all the stuff I was thinking when these other two were testifying, so it's not true that everyone has lost their mind." Plus she could actually explain complex subjects in a way that the average person could understand instead of talking down to them and saying, "Trust me; don't try to figure it out yourself. Here's how it is."

And then on top of all that, the jurors had to be thinking, "You mean we wasted a month on this stuff that was wiped out in only four hours by JM?" And then it's followed by JW droning on forever on stupid minutia while I picture JM trying not to burst out laughing. Are people in the courtroom sensing that the jury must be livid with this defense team?

Plus to add that we haven't had to listen to any anecdotes, or looonnnnggg stories of past patients, or about giving gifts and apologizing to defendants, etc. etc. Cool breath of fresh air to hear Dr. DeM's explanation.

Lots of people here called it yesterday, after hearing JW's weak cross. They predicted that JA would have another migraine today, to bail her bff out.

KCL did you see the jury's reaction to them canceling the court for the day?

:eat:If JA indeed had another migraine, why wouldn't the judge just state that as reason for early dismissal? She did that another time.

I will say Jodi did look a little GREEN around the gills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500