A word of caution - Take a breather or 4

TY Friptzap for starting this thread ... it is needed and appreciated. I for one have bordered on obsessed ... 38y/o and pregnant (yeah, I question my sanity too) I cannot afford to be this consumed. When I read certain threads (opinions) I feel my BP go up and contractions become more regular. So, I know that it really affects me in a negative way. But Caylee has captured the hearts of the world and the thought that she is out there somewhere alone ... and that her killer goes unpunished, makes me sick.

Thanks for the reminder to take care of ourselves ... my husband says thanks too!

Your both welcome. I am glad I could help! And everyone that has been glad I posted this as well, it really sounded to me like some needed it and I am glad I found the right words to bring it to them to hear/ er read!

When all of this started I was very involved. Over time, as more information came out I found it impossible to balance the responsibilities of being a mother, wife, homemaker, daughter, employee, and many other roles. In the end, whatever is going to happen will happen. This case, which has achieved national attention is not worth anybody loosing a marriage, a job, or whatever else. Stay connected but at a distance. How many lives do we really want Casey to ruin? We are only the public and do not have all the facts in this case. Due to that, solving it is no easy task. If we were intimately involved, or a family member, our odds would be much greater! I can only suggest checking in once in a while and reding the thread titles and then deciding if you want to look at the imparticular thread in question. This is a really good way to try and keep up without it devistaing lives or becomming something that takes lives over. Everybody needs to remember to live, and smile. Like everything else, this will all come to an end!

I posted this as an aid to someone on a post where they mentioned they were loosing contact with their family and friends and neglecting their housework etc etc. Please, everyone, listen to my comments and consider you have no obligation here to do anything you are not responible for finding Caylee or bringing her justice at all. Helping someone is a wonderful experience and it feels great to aid esspecially in this effort with the dissapearance of this little girl but it seems many many people helping in this effort are getting way way to close and taking on way way to much burden and are beggining to neglect their own lives. Not just the person I posted the following comments to but others as well and not just people here, the protestors as well. Please take time off of this if you feel so heavily burduned and are finding out your children are now fully grown and have their own children! Levity... We may fail at providing the proper justice this is a fact we need to understand or it will tear us apart inside while trying to help resolve this case.

This is what I said about this originally to another poster here:

Honestly, you and for that matter none of us need to "figure this out" It sounds like it is time to step back and walk away from this for a week. Many Many people I have begun to notice are taking this on as a personal crusade that they refuse to fail at. The ultimate job is in the hands of the police. Do research in your "spare" time. Take care of your other aspects of your life full time.

This is honest and serious advice I give not just to you but to anyone and everyone that feels this way. Including the protestors. People are getting too close to the case, a policeman getting this close would have been pulled off the case under these conditions, consider that as you breach the line between assisting people with information and getting your self so involved you feel you have begun to take the burden on all by yourself and nobody is there helping. Nobody outside of the police department should feel 100% or even 5% of the burden here, and even a police officer would be removed if he got that involved, so if you feel that way please I caution everyone to step back.

Quoted myself for a bump! Bumped for those in need....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back