Aaron Spelling dies at 83

Candy May Net $130 Mil That Tori Won't Get

The stakes in the Candy Spelling – Tori Spelling war just got a lot higher. The buzz in Beverly Hills real estate offices is that Candy Spelling has unloaded her 56,000 square-foot Holmby Hills mansion for a cool $130 million, and that the new buyer is an Arab prince.

http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/31/candy-may-net-130-mil-that-tori-wont-get/

$130 million to add to the $500 million? so she doesn't have to worry about her financial future, eh?

and i can imagine an Arab Prince will fill all the rooms with family.

So much for Candy saying just a few weeks ago that she had no intention of selling the house... that those were just rumors. Ha! What a witch.

Floh said:
Candy May Net $130 Mil That Tori Won't Get

The stakes in the Candy Spelling – Tori Spelling war just got a lot higher. The buzz in Beverly Hills real estate offices is that Candy Spelling has unloaded her 56,000 square-foot Holmby Hills mansion for a cool $130 million, and that the new buyer is an Arab prince.

http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/31/candy-may-net-130-mil-that-tori-wont-get/

$130 million to add to the $500 million? so she doesn't have to worry about her financial future, eh?

Okay, what am I missing here?? What is the big deal about Tori not getting more of her father's money upon his death? Isn't it standard for the money to be passed to the spouse? If her mother wants to give her money now or upon her death, that's her prerogative.

Tori's old enough to make her own money. Better yet, why doesn't her new husband just support her in the lifestyle to which she has grown accustomed? If the tabloid reports are true (and it looks like there are some truth to them because of their separate seating at the Emmy's), Tori needs to grow up and quit acting like a spoiled brat.

nanandjim said:
Okay, what am I missing here?? What is the big deal about Tori not getting more of her father's money upon his death? Isn't it standard for the money to be passed to the spouse? If her mother wants to give her money now or upon her death, that's her prerogative.

Tori's old enough to make her own money. Better yet, why doesn't her new husband just support her in the lifestyle to which she has grown accustomed? If the tabloid reports are true (and it looks like there are some truth to them because of their separate seating at the Emmy's), Tori needs to grow up and quit acting like a spoiled brat.

I believe the 'big deal' is it had been assumed Aaron would leave a sizable portion of his fortrune to both his children. and there have been questions raised as to whether he was duped into sighning a new will when he was not of sound mind (or body).

just saying. i don't know the truth of such an inferred conclusion.

Floh said:

Yup after a big reno job I'm sure - there are probably not enough gold taps in the place for him!:D

Floh said:
I believe the 'big deal' is it had been assumed Aaron would leave a sizable portion of his fortrune to both his children. and there have been questions raised as to whether he was duped into sighning a new will when he was not of sound mind (or body).

Has it been stated if the will was new or when it was signed??

In reality only lawyers are going to get rich off of this.

I think AAron Spelling made it clear he wanted his daughter well taken care of.

Also I think it screams!!! lack of charactor that Candy lied when she said she wasn't selling the house right after Aaron died and here we are 2 months later...
House sold!

So she lied. I think Tori's real issue is that Candy had a boytoy on the side while Aaron was sick and needed to be cared for.

The money should be split 3 ways ... Noone can ever spend that much money anyways.
WHy fight over it??

nanandjim said:

i agree w/you Nanandjim.....no big deal to me about him leaving everything to the spouse...he obviously loved her/trusted her/was indebted to her...who knows?....Tori needs to just "shut up already!".....i'm with PeterHamilton though...i WAS surprised to hear how 'little' Mr Spelling left his daughter...oh well....

Floh said:

that will be hard to prove, imo...the Last Will & Testimony will have 2 signatures/witnesses that can be called into court to verify he WAS of sound mind when he signed it, no matter if it's the original will OR a codicil....the lawyers will make some money over that kind of squabble though...

I think the adjustment to the Will was 4 months before he died.

tybee204 said:
I think the adjustment to the Will was 4 months before he died.
Wow. It would be interesting to see the "before" and the "after." I don't know, but Candy could have convinced Aaron that his daughter didn't care about him enough to visit him during his final months of his life. When, in actuality, she probably wanted to visit but didn't or couldn't because of the situation with her mother.

This entire situation is so very, very petty and so very, very sad. Life is way too short to sweat the small stuff. When there is so much money that all family members could live very comfortably many lifetimes over, it makes you wonder what makes them (or the mother) tick.

I also would be worried about the new boyfriend getting his hands on the money. Then, again, I wouldn't want Tori's new husband to get his hands on the money either...

Aaron should have set up trusts for his kids. That would have settled a lot of the problems.

I don't agree with mommy manipulating the situation for her own benefit by any means, but having been through ridiculous nonsense when my mother passed away, I just don't understand some people either. I never felt "entitled" to my mother's money. I would give every red cent to have that woman back. She made sure that she was as fair as fair could be but lord almighty, when it came to the "stuff" she had, the fur was flying and the hackles came up. My sister's still think that I have no feelings and never cared for my mother at all. The truth of the matter is that she would have been mortified to see what was going on; that her "girls" were capable of that nonsense. I wanted no part of that.
I guess my point is, that people that look at their parent's money as their meal ticket and as a reason or excuse that they don't have to work for their own money disgust me. Certainly that woman is not incapable of supporting herself. If she doesn't know how to do anything else but act, that is no one else's fault but her own. She still has WAY more privileges that the vast majority of the world. Get over herself and be a grown up like the rest of us do.
End of my soap box...thanks for letting me get THAT off my chest...
twocents.gif

lymom3 said:
I don't agree with mommy manipulating the situation for her own benefit by any means, but having been through ridiculous nonsense when my mother passed away, I just don't understand some people either. I never felt "entitled" to my mother's money. I would give every red cent to have that woman back. She made sure that she was as fair as fair could be but lord almighty, when it came to the "stuff" she had, the fur was flying and the hackles came up. My sister's still think that I have no feelings and never cared for my mother at all. The truth of the matter is that she would have been mortified to see what was going on; that her "girls" were capable of that nonsense. I wanted no part of that.
I guess my point is, that people that look at their parent's money as their meal ticket and as a reason or excuse that they don't have to work for their own money disgust me. Certainly that woman is not incapable of supporting herself. If she doesn't know how to do anything else but act, that is no one else's fault but her own. She still has WAY more privileges that the vast majority of the world. Get over herself and be a grown up like the rest of us do.
End of my soap box...thanks for letting me get THAT off my chest...
twocents.gif
Good post. I can relate to the petty family shenanigans and also agree with you about Tori making it on her own. Why on earth can't the new man in her life support them both??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back