Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are his medical records. He wants the mental health records, too.
Does "medical records" cover mental health records?
No they're separate filings and separate doctors I'm sure. Might the two collaborate while treating a patient who's mental state is affecting his physical state or visa versa, yes. So certain topics may crossover between RA's doctors. IMO

So wait... In order to use RA's high school photo to create a sketch in 2019, wouldn't they have had to have RA on their radar at that point? Rather than release the sketch, why not just serve the SW on RA right then and there?
While I agree with @steeltowngirl that it looks like a younger RA, my first and original thoughts are-
OBG sketch does resemble RA
Young Sketch resembles AS-- the catfishing photo used by KAK and company.

IMO, that is why LE said at press conference, they are taking a new/different direction and released the Younger sketch.

THey had found the AS catfishing info from KAK and other media and also why they told KAK during his LE questioning that they are now investigating the largest CSAM crime (group) in the state of Indiana.
JMO

Yes it was either willful negligence/intent or not. If it’s not then it’s not legal contempt. Why are they acting so scared if it was an obvious theft.

IMO if RA was their too priority they would filed the Speedy Trial after this contempt matter was resolved.

9 photos out of 1000’s taken during the processing of the crime scene. 9 photos that perhaps look the most ritual like and support one party’s narrative.
I think here you are referring to the D as being scared?
I'm wondering what suggests the D's emotion here is "scared"?
Their filings sound not scared - but thoroughly pissed off (to me at least).

I tend to think the speedy trial demand/granted prior to this hearing is one big thing that SHOULD pressure a quick resolution to the contempt matter ... so the parties can focus on the trial ... as they should be doing.

In Hennessy's arguments: The crime scene photos that were stolen from the D (some being a Defense work product version of the crime scene photos) were the same photos prepared and used for LE investigators' depositions over the summer. They were used as exhibits while the D questioned LE investigation witnesses about the LE investigation they'd conducted, including with regard to the Odinist theory of case they investigated, and why these exculpatory discovery products of Odinist line of investigation were not provided to the D in the discovery the P delivered to the D. (As described in the Franks Motions.)

JMHO

A geofence investigation of phones in action would have been useful around the abandoned building, where some people parked more or less eye-catching. I think, it's too late.
Am worried on the timing with the cellular data, too. They got RL's data because they started probing RL almost immediately. But they didn't arrest RA until 5+ years later. Cell phone companies only keep records five years, right? That means that those records may not be available, and LE may not have the same full range of opportunities they had with RL's phone data. If RA's phone does not materialize on that little geofencing map, I'm going to freak out. MOO.
Now we've circled back to RL who was cleared by LE, ISP and FBI, oh my. :eek: BG looks nothing like RL, neither in body frame, age, weight or height. I've played the RL interviews and watched the BG video countless times. Not even close, especially in the torso to legs proportions IMO.

RA=BG=Killer(s), add in the fact that RA places himself there during the time of the murders and his own confessions, and I believe we will find out were made to others than just his wife and mother.

Let's not forget the SW that the Defense has filed a FM for 3 times. Gotta be something there the Defense sure doesn't want the public to be aware of. If RA is so innocent (their words) I wonder what that could be or why they are so worried? I believe it may end up being some type of 'trophy' associated to one or both girls. :(

Tomorrow can't come soon enough for me. This entire mockery of the Justice system is beyond anything I've ever seen.

I wonder how many more "Motions" DH can pound out by tomorrow at 9:00 am? Maybe he'll decided to take today off and celebrate St. Patricks Day.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

MOO
The defense keeps filing motion after motion after motion. I won't name which particular motions, but at least some of these motions should never have been filed at all, MOO, it's like they've got a knee-jerk "hit the 'motion' button!" reaction that they cannot control.

I feel like I'm watching the twin girls from "The Shining" when I watch. "Would you like to play with us for ever and ever?" You know-- not really. It's not a game, stop hitting the "motion!" button. If you want a speedy trial, it could have been a lot speedier if you hadn't kept succumbing to what's starting to look like your uncontrollable impulse to file motions. And agreed that they're so busy hitting the "motion" (!) button to suppress especially that it really starts feeling like there's something buried in this massive pile of data that they really, really don't want us to see. I'm wondering if it's not something with the phone data, though, that connects some important dots. (All JMO)

So wait... In order to use RA's high school photo to create a sketch in 2019, wouldn't they have had to have RA on their radar at that point? Rather than release the sketch, why not just serve the SW on RA right then and there?
My theory is they had RA on radar at that point in 2019. Maybe more than just a radar.. just not enough evidence to arrest. They were trying to draw in someone close to him with that “one tip”. Someone who was afraid to come forward. Why? Fear of being wrong. Fear of losing “their person”.

No one wants to believe that the person you love more than anything would be capable of leading two young teens to their murders.

jmo

I think here you are referring to the D as being scared?
I'm wondering what suggests the D's emotion here is "scared"?
Their filings sound not scared - but thoroughly pissed off (to me at least).

I tend to think the speedy trial demand/granted prior to this hearing is one big thing that SHOULD pressure a quick resolution to the contempt matter ... so the parties can focus on the trial ... as they should be doing.

In Hennessy's arguments: The crime scene photos that were stolen from the D (some being a Defense work product version of the crime scene photos) were the same photos prepared and used for LE investigators' depositions over the summer. They were used as exhibits while the D questioned LE investigation witnesses about the LE investigation they'd conducted, including with regard to the Odinist theory of case they investigated, and why these exculpatory discovery products of Odinist line of investigation were not provided to the D in the discovery the P delivered to the D. (As described in the Franks Motions.)

JMHO
From OP--9 photos out of thousands, that perhaps look the most ritual like and support one party’s narrative.
Narrative= Odinist theory BS

While I would say D are Pissed off they are scared also.
They have nothing else for defense of their client.
They are trying to throw spitballs to the wall and see what sticks.

The Franks motion from the D is a joke
JMO

Am worried on the timing with the cellular data, too. They got RL's data because they started probing RL almost immediately. But they didn't arrest RA until 5+ years later. Cell phone companies only keep records five years, right? That means that those records may not be available, and LE may not have the same full range of opportunities they had with RL's phone data. If RA's phone does not materialize on that little geofencing map, I'm going to freak out. MOO.

RSBMFF

What's odd is that even though these precious children were found on Ron's property, they did not issue a search warrant for over a month or on March 17, 2017. Who knows what data LE was searching for or waiting on but that's a long time to wait. We know the first SW was for a RSO. It snowballed into KAK activities over the years.

Guess who or where the 3/17/17 SW was released.
TMS
Ronald Logan: Delphi Murders Case Described in Warrant

RL nor RA look anything like the sketch they told the public to focus on, after saying for 2 years the one with BG clothing was who the public should try to identify and call the hotline with a tip. Over 6,000 digital billboards NATIONWIDE showed this image.

464071-b682d31f1f5c8fcb45f256abff9baac9.png

Then we get to look at this image after being told this sketch more accurately depicts the real POI.
1710733860644.png

Well it's my opinion that there's gonna' be a whole lotta' splainin' to do.

RL nor RA look anything like the sketch they told the public to focus on, after saying for 2 years the one with BG clothing was who the public should try to identify and call the hotline with a tip. Over 6,000 digital billboards NATIONWIDE showed this image.

View attachment 491251

Then we get to look at this image after being told this sketch more accurately depicts the real POI.
View attachment 491254

Well it's my opinion that there's gonna' be a whole lotta' splainin' to do.
Yep. Almost five years ago. April 22, 2019. The press conference with the new sketch. The Abby and Libby thread exploded that day. We were incredulous. Angry. Disappointed.

While I agree with @steeltowngirl that it looks like a younger RA, my first and original thoughts are-
OBG sketch does resemble RA
Young Sketch resembles AS-- the catfishing photo used by KAK and company.

IMO, that is why LE said at press conference, they are taking a new/different direction and released the Younger sketch.

THey had found the AS catfishing info from KAK and other media and also why they told KAK during his LE questioning that they are now investigating the largest CSAM crime (group) in the state of Indiana.
JMO

But to me it looks like RA always wore his hair short and not curly, I also thought it looked somewhat like AS but his hair wasn't curly either. Didn't they (LE) say it was also a witness sketch? ICBW though... it's late.

But to me it looks like RA always wore his hair short and not curly, I also thought it looked somewhat like AS but his hair wasn't curly either. Didn't they (LE) say it was also a witness sketch? ICBW though... it's late.
On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person.

Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.

According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.”

Okay - this is a long one! I will shorten it up a bit. I think I got all the motions that were filed...

Monday, March 18th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9am ET & @ 2pm ET) - IN – Abigail Joyce Williams (13) & Liberty Rose Lynn German (14) (Missing Feb. 13, 2017, found killed Feb. 14, 2017, after walking on a local hiking trail & were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the Monon High Bridge Trail, Delphi) – *Richard “Ricky/Rick” Matthew Allen (44 @ time of crime/50/now 51) arrested & booked (10/26/22) into the Carroll County Jail & charged & arraigned (10/28/22) with 2 counts of murder while committing or attempting to commit kidnapping of both victims. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Amended charges (1/18/24): 2 counts of felony murder (knowingly & intentionally), 2 counts of murder (while committing or attempting to commit kidnapping of both victims) & 2 felony counts of kidnapping. Transferred to White County jail from Carroll County for security reasons. And was transferred (11/2/22) to IN. DOC at Westfield Correctional Facility at a more secure facility. Was awaiting transfer to Westville Correctional Facility but Judge Gull denied move (6/15/23). She plans to take the arguments under advisement & will make a ruling on whether or not he will be moved out of Westville at a later date. Judge Gull denied move (7/5/23). On 12/6/23 Allen was transferred from Westfield to Wabash Valley Correctional Facility (long term segregation).
Allen County Judge Frances C. Gull has replaced Judge Benjamin Diener / Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland & Special Prosecutor James David Luttrull, Jr.
Andrew Baldwin & Bradley Rozzi are Allen's public appointed attorneys. Both attorneys withdrawn 10/19/23.
Defense attorneys Robert Cliff Scremin & William Santino Lebrato as Contract Public Defenders appointed on 10/27/23 & on 10/30/23 added Bradley Anthony Rozzi.
Now – defense attorneys Andrew Baldwin & Bradley Anthony Rozzi.
Trial was set to begin on 10/15/24 is now set to begin on 5/13/24. (thru 5/31).
Changes in trial dates: 11/2/22: Jury trial scheduled on 3/20/23. On 2/23/23 that trial date was cancelled-Judicial Action. 6/15/23 Trial now set on 1/8/24. On 10/31/23 that trial date was cancelled by request on set to begin on 10/15/24. On 3/11/24 trial now set for 7/13 thru 7/31/24.
Jurors will be chosen from Allen County & transported to Carroll County for trial. Jury will be sequestered.

Charges, case & court info from 4/19/21 thru 1/3/24 reference post #709 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...len-arrested-173.697995/page-36#post-18702349

1/12/24 Update: Murder: Motion Filed. Motion to Transfer Richard Allen. Filed By: Allen, Richard M. Attorneys Robert Scremin & William Lebrato filed a 6-page motion. Noted on first page of motion to transfer:
it is counsel's belief that 1) Mr. Allen is not being treated similar to other pre-trial detainees being held in county jails, and 2) pre-trial incarceration at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility will seriously, if not fatally, impact counsel's ability to effectively represent Mr. Allen due to the distance of travel and visitation conditions. The motion says that the new prison has no room setup for meetings with lawyers, so they had to meet him in what appeared to be a prep-kitchen with a cell built-in for feeding prisoners. They could only communicate with him through the small slot in the cell door that was meant for passing food into the cell. They weren't allowed to come within 6 feet of the door and thus couldn't show him any documents and had to yell so that they could be heard. After spending years in the Westville Correctional Facility, where both Allen’s previous attorneys & new attorneys have raised issue, Allen was moved to the Wabash Valley Correctional Facility on December 6, 2023. In the motion, the attorneys claim they are located 233 miles from the high security prison in Sullivan County. The attorneys claim their December 22, 2023 visit to Allen was a 10-hour day. Scremin requests the court move Allen to the Allen County Jail or the Adams County Jail. It is unclear when or if special judge Fran Gull will rule on this motion. She is a topic of discussion on Jan. 18 when the Supreme Court holds a hearing about her place in the case and the reinstatement of past attorneys Rozzi & Baldwin. Indiana State Supreme Court hearing for oral arguments on 1/18/24 @ 11am.
1/18/24 Update: Court: Indiana Supreme Court Panel: Justices Rush, Massa, Slaughter, Goff & Molter; Case No: 23S-OR-00311. Allen has these requests: 1) Reinstate former public defenders Bradley Rozzi & Andrew Baldwin, 2) Set a speedy trial within 70 days of high court's decision & 3) Remove Judge Frances Gull & replace her with another Special Judge. Oral arguments will be two minutes to begin & then the justices can ask questions. There will be rebuttals. Allen's counsel is arguing the judicial system is undermined when an entire legal team is removed. The judge took "clearly coercive action" to sever the relationship between Allen & defense, he says. He says the judge exceeded her jurisdiction, crossing the barrier of neutrality & "entered the realm of being an advocate."
for more info see post #761 here:
[URL='https://www.websleuths.com/fo...ichard-allen-arrested-173.697995/page-39[/url] The justices commend both arguments & says they will issue a ruling as soon as possible. Court is adjourned.

1/18/24 Update: Amended Pleading filed by State of Indiana. Motion for Leave to Amend file Amended charges. Moves to add additional counts which include Murder und 1C.35-42-1-1)(1) for both victims along with kidnapping under 1C.35-42-3-2(2) & I.C.35-42-3-2(b)(2)(A) for both victims. Filed by Nicholas C. McLeland. Allen now faces four counts of murder & two counts of kidnapping. Two more charges of murder were added since the crime was committed during the act of another felony crime, kidnapping. Due to Allen committing the act, or attempting to commit the act of kidnapping, during the alleged murder, Allen can also be charged with two counts of felony murder — where murder is committed during the act of another crime. McLeland stated these newly amended charges “more accurately aligns” with the charging information leveled against Allen in the high-profile murder case. Bottom line: “If convicted on all four counts of murder, he can only be sentenced on two murder counts, and all four charges carry the same possible sentence: between 45 & 65 years in prison. Additionally, the kidnapping charges carry a possible prison sentence of between three & 16 years if convicted, according to Indiana law.”
1/18/24 Update: Indiana Supreme Court ruling: Majority of the Court votes to GRANT the petition for writ as to Relator's request to reinstate attorneys Baldwin & Rozzi as his court-appointed counsel. The Court unanimously DENIES removal of Judge Gull & to set speedy trial. Filed by Loretta H. Rush, Chief Justice of Indiana.
1/19/24 Update: Appearance Filed. Appearance - Public Defender For Party: Allen, Richard M. Order Received from the Indiana Supreme Court. Published Order.
1/22/24 Update: Order or Judgement of the Court Issued. Judge Gull has issued the following Court Order denying the defendant's Motion for a Franks hearing. She has also denied defense's Motion to Suppress the search of Allen's home. Also denied the defense's Motion in Limine regarding the unspent shell casing. Defendant's Motion to Transfer (filed 1/12/24) taken under advisement pending the State's response, if any & a hearing to be set. State's Motion to Amend Information (filed 1/18/24) will be set for a remote hearing.
1/24/24 Update: Motion to Withdraw Appearance for William S. Lebrato & Robert C. Screamin filed Lebrato for Allen. 1/28/24 Update: Affidavit filed by Allen. See posts #751 to 753 page 38 Thread #174.
1/29/24 Update: Motion to Compel Discovery Filed by State. Motion filed. Verified Motion to Disqualify (Judge Gull) filed by Allen. State's response to defense's motion for transfer. 1/29/24 Update: Verified Information of Contemptuous Conduct filed by State prosecuting attorney Nicholas C. McLeland. [verified info of contemptuous conduct by defense counsels Brad Rozzi & Andrew Baldwin. see: Allen Verified Info of Contempt.pdf
2/2/24 Update: Judge Gull sets hearing for 2/12/24 @ 9am. Regarding State's Motion to amend information (new charges) (filed 1/18/24) & State's Verified Information of Contemptuous Conduct [against Bradley & Rozzi] (filed 1/29/24). Court will issue a Transport Order to have defendant present.

2/2/24 Update: Administrative Rule 9(G)(5) Notice of Exclusion Confidential Information filed by Robert C. Serremin. [regarding Motion to Transfer: Ext Affidavit & Ex2 photos & non-party confidential personal information & photos reacted]. 2/2/24 Update: Notice of Exclusion of confidential information. Motion filed: Motion to transfer-redacted both filed by Allen.
2/1/24 Update: Order Issued. Court orders the State's Motion to Amend Information, filed 1/18/24 & the State's Verified Information of Contemptuous Conduct, filed 1/29/24, set for hearing on 2/12/24 @ 9am. Court will issue a Transport Order to have the defendant present.
Signed by Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances.

2/2/24 Update: Motion for continuance (hearing on 2/12/24) filed by Allen (Rozzi & Baldwin). [They received new discovery from Prosecutors & need time to go through documents & confer with their client. Rozzi will be out of state on 2/12/24 [on personal matters]. Also in the motion is regarding Allen's filing his Verified Motion to Disqualify & accompanying Affidavit [for recusal strips the Court of jurisdiction to decide o a ruling on the disqualification motion occurs. Therefore, it seems logical that the Motion to Disqualify would be fully adjudicated before any further hearings take place or before any further Orders are issued by this Court].
2/5/24 Update: Motion to Vacate Hearing [2/12/24] filed Baldwin for Allen. 2/6/24 Update: Appearance filed. Limited appearance Form on behalf of Andrew Baldwin & on behalf of Bradley Rozzi filed by David R. Hennessy.
2/7/24 Update: Order Issued. The Court, having defendant's Verified Motion to Disqualify (filed 1/8/24), Defendant's Affidavit (filed 1/28/24), and Certification of Richard Allen's Attorneys (filed 1/28/24) under advisement & having considered the pleadings, now denies the Verified Motion to Disqualify without hearing as the Indiana Supreme Court unanimously denied Defendant's previous request on 1/18/24. Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances. Order Signed: 02/06/2024.
2/7/24 Update: Motion to Dismiss [for destroying exculpatory] filed by Allen. Motion to have criminal charges dismissed on a basis on destroyed evidence. Motion claims someone destroyed multiple interviews recorded between February 14-20, 2017. These interviews, according to the defense, could play a vital role in proving Allen's innocence. According to court documents, on January 31, 2024, the prosecuting team provided the defense with a file of discovery. In this list, the defense found the following note: "Due to a DVR program error discovered on 9/20/2017 all recordings up to February 20th 2017, were recorded over. There is no detectible audio found on this drive." Also Memorandum/Brief filed [Memo of Law in support of dismissal] filed by Allen.
2/7/24 Update: Defendant's Counsel's Motion for Summary Denial of the State's Verified Information for Contemptuous Conduct filed by Allen, Baldwin & Rozzi's attorney Michael K. Ausbrook, Indiana Univ. Maurer School of Law. Federal Habeas Project. 2/8/24 Update: Appearance Filed for attorney Michael K. Ausbrook filed by Allen. Motion filed for summary denial of State's information by Allen.
2/8/24 Update: Ruling by Supreme Court: the denial to remove Judge Gull, because "the party seeking disqualification must identify facts reflecting the judge's actual bias or prejudice," and the adverse ruling denying counsel was mistaken but a genuine attempt to resolve her concerns, which were legitimate. See post #473 page 24 thread #175.
2/8/24 Update: Order Issued. Court orders defendant to respond to the State's Motion to Compel Discovery on or before 2/21/24 or provide the discovery requested. Order Issued: The Court having taken defendant's Motion to Transfer under advisement & having reviewed the State's Response to Defense's Motion for Transfer, now DENIES the Motion to Transfer without a hearing. Order Issued. Defendant's Motion to Continue the hearing scheduled for 2/12/23, reviewed & granted without hearing. Transport order will be cancelled. Hearing reset to 3/18/24 @ 9am. Court will reissue the transport order.
2/12/24 Update: Petition for Clarification regarding Contempt hearing filed by David R. Hennessy.
2/14/24 Update: State's Notice & Request for Discovery cutoff date filed by Nicholas C. McLeland [re State turned over discovery info that the State intends to use at the hearing [3/18/24] on Contemptuous Conduct]. 2/15/24 Update: Request to allow electronic devices at hearing [3/18/24] file by David R. Hennessy.
2/16/24 Update: Notice of Depositions by Non-Stenographic Means filed by David Hennessy [on 3/1/24 depos of Sgt. Jerry Holeman, ISP, Detective Ben Rector, ISP, Mr. Steven Mullin, CCPO & Mitch Westerman c/o Nicholas C. McLeland, Carroll County Prosecutor's office]. And Subpoena Duces Tecum filed for Steven Mullin, CCPO. Subpoena for Mitch Westerman. Subpoena Duces Tecum for Sgt. Jerry Holeman, ISP. Subpoena Duces Tecum for Detective Ben Rector, ISP. All filed by David Hennessy.
2/19/24 Update: (Amended) Praecipe for Transcript (from 6/15/23) filed by defense attorney Bradley Rozzi. [first filed Praecipe for Transcript on 8/8/23]. 2/19/24 Update: Accused response to State's Motion to Compel discovery filed by Baldwin & Rozzi.
2/21/24 Update; Transport Order entered. The Court orders the Sheriff of Carroll County to transport he defendant from the IN DOC to the Allen Superior Court for hearings to be held on 3/18/24 @ 9am & 2pm & return him forthwith signed by Judge Gull on 2/14/24.
2/21/24 Update: Order Issued. Defendant's Counsel's Motion for Summary Denial of the State's verified information for contemptuous conduct reviewed & denied without hearing by Judge Frances Gull on 2/15/24. Order Issued. Defense Counsel's Petition for clarification regarding contempt hearing, filed by Attorney Hennessy, reviewed. The Court has scheduled a hearing on the State's pleading & therefore denies the Petition without hearing by Judge Gull on 2/15/24.
2/22/24 Update: List of Witnesses & Exhibits for Contempt hearing [Joe Morris, Andrew Maternowski, Kay Beehler, Mark Thomas & John Boren. Exhibits: Affidavits of: Thomas Leatherman, Stacy Uliana, Ashlee Schultz, David Pumphrey, Andy Maternowski, James Fry, Lisa Johnson, Josel Weineke & Gujko Kasieh filed by David R. Hennessy counsel fo attorneys Baldwin & Rozzi.
2/22/24 Update: State's objection to Defense's response on Discovery. State's response to Defendant's Motion to Dismiss for destroying exculpatory evidence.
2/22/24 Update: Order Issued. The Court has reviewed the accused response to State's motion to compel discovery & the State's objection to defendant's response on Discovery. It is reasonable for defense counsel to provide the discovery requested & the Court orders defense counsel to provide discovery to the State on or before 3/8/24. As the State has advanced no legal authority to support its request to the Court to force defense counsel to provide deposition exhibits in advance, the Court will not compel defense counsel to provide such exhibits signed by Judge Gull on 2/22/24.
2/22/24 Update: Order Issued. Counsel for defense attorneys Request to Allow electronic devices at hearing reviewed & denied without hearing. Counsel may contact the Court Executive for info regarding his request signed by Judge Gull on 2/22/24.
2/22/24 Update: Order Issued. The Court having reviewed the State's Notice & Request for Discovery cutoff date & the defendant's list of witnesses & exhibits for Contempt hearing, now orders counsel for the defense attorneys to provide to the State all the exhibits intended to be introduced at hearing on or before 3/7/24 signed by Judge Gull on 2/22/24.
3/1/24 Update: Depositions on contempt hearing related to RA case were scheduled on 3/1/24.

3/1/24 Docket update: Order Issued. The Court has received & reviewed 4 Requests for Recording of Court Proceedings by News Media relating to the hearing to be conducted on 3/18/24. Having reviewed the requests, the Court now denies the requests & notifies counsel by way of this Order. Judge Frances Gull. Noticed: Nicholas McLeland, Andrew Baldwin, Bradley Rozzi & James Luttrull. Order Signed: 2/29/24. There are two hearings for Allen on 3/18/24. The 9am hearing will hear prosecutor's amended charges, adding 4 more counts & his contempt claim against the defense team. The 2pm hearing will hear the defense motion to dismiss the charges based on the destruction of exculpatory evidence. Allen is expected to be present for both hearings.
3/6/24 Update: Motion for Early Trial filed for Allen by Bradley A. Rozzi. Moves the Court for an early trial within 70 days pursuant to Criminal Rule 4(B)(1) of the IN. Rules of Procedures.
3/6/24 Docket Update: Motion filed. Motion for Leave of Court to Subpoena Third-Party Records. 3rd Request for Mental Health Records filed by: State of Indiana (It is both. Clinical psychologist and confession expert).
3/7/24 Docket Update: Motion filed. Verified Motion to extend Discovery deadline filed by Allen.
3/7/24 Docket Update: List of additional witnesses & exhibits for Contempt hearing. Notified the State & Court that in addition to all witnesses & exhibits previously disclosed may call the following: Steven Wood, Angela Sadlowski, Julie Melvin, Teri William, Courtney Parsons & Matt Hoffman. Filed by David R. Hennessy for attorneys Baldwin & Rozzi.
3/8/24 Docket Update: State's Motion to Withdrawal Motions for Leave of Court to Subpoena Third-Party Records filed on 3/6/24. State's Notice of Submission of Witness/Exhibit List to the Defense (received) filed by State.
3/11/24 Docket Update: Witness and/or Exhibit List Filed. Defendant's Notice of Submission of Witness/Exhibit List to the State filed By: Allen, Richard M. File Stamp: 03/08/2024.
3/11/24 Docket update: Order issued. Attorney Hennessy's verified Motion to Extend Discovery deadline reviewed & denied without hearing by Judge Frances Gull. Noticed: Nicholas McLeland, Andrew Baldwin, Bradley Rozzi & James Luttrull on 3/7/24.
3/11/24 Docket Update: Correspondence to/from Court filed/received from Gary Beaudette. For more info see letter on post #79, page 4, thread #177.
3/11/24 Docket Update: Order issued. The Court having reviewed Defendant's Motion for Early Trial, now grants said motion & sets this matter for Jury trial on 5/13 thru 5/31/24 @ 8:30am by Judge Frances Gull. Noticed to: Nicholas McLeland, Andrew Baldwin, Bradley Rozzi & James Luttrull on 3/7/24.
3/11/24 Docket update: Order Issued. Court orders the correspondence from Frank Wesseling to Judge Gull on 3/11/24, copied & sent to counsel of record & the Clerk of Carroll Circuit Court. Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances. Noticed: Nicholas Charles McLeland, Andrew Joseph Baldwin, Bradley Rozzi, James Luttrull. Order signed 3/11/24. [For more info post 116, page 6 Thread #177]. Order Issued. Court orders correspondence from Melinda Gibbs to the Court, dated 3/11/24, copied & sent to counsel of record & to the Clerk of Carroll Circuit Court. Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances. Noticed: Nicholas Charles McLeland, Andrew Joseph Baldwin, Bradley Rozzi, James Luttrull. Order signed 3/11/24. [For more see post #112, page 6, Thread #177]. 3/11/24 Docket update: Statement of Truth filed by Anthony Greene-True Crime Investigates. [for more info see post #159, page 8, Thread #177].
3/12/24 Docket Update: Motion To Compel & Request for Sanctions filed by Allen. [for more info see posts #189 & 190, page 10, Thread #177]
3/12/24 Docket updates: Witness and/or Exhibit List filed. Additional list of exhibits for Contempt hearing filed by Allen/Hennessy [see post #305, page 16, thread #177]. Objection to change of venue filed by Allen/Hennessy [see post 303, page 16, thread #177]. Verified Petition for recusal of prosecutor from Contempt proceedings filed by Allen/Hennessy. [see post #298, page 15, thread #177]. Motion for specific findings of fact & conclusions thereon filed by Allen/Hennessy [see post 302, page 16, thread #177]. Verified Petition for recusal [Judge Gull[ from Contempt proceedings filed by Allen/Hennessy [see post #299, page 15, thread #177]. Motion to stay all ancillary proceedings & get this case to trial filed by Allen/Hennessy [see post 301, page 16, thread #177].
3/14/24 Docket updates: Motion for Continuance filed. Verified emergency motion for continuance, motion filed-Supplement to verified emergency motion for continuance. Motion filed-Allen's 3rd Franks Notice & request for Franks hearing based upon newly discovered evidence & request for Findings of Facts & Conclusions of Law upon any ruling on this request. All filed by Allen on 3/13/24. [see post 377, page 19, thread #177].
3/14/24 Docket update: Order issuing Warrant for Arrest. Court has received a Request for Recording of Court Proceedings by News Media from Jeff Wehe & denies same. Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances; Noticed: McLeland, Nicholas Charles' Baldwin, Andrew Joseph; Rozzi, Bradley Anthony; Luttrull, James David JR. Order Signed: 03/07/2024. Administrative Event. Adm entry dated 3/14/2024 re: order Issuing warrant for arrest made in error. Order Issued. Court has received a Request for Recording of Court Proceedings by News Media from Jeff Wehe & denies same. Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances; Noticed: same as above. Order Issued. Ex parte communication received from Frank Wesseling & ordered copied & sent to counsel of record & the Clerk of Carroll Circuit Court for filing. Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances' Noticed: same as above. Motion filed. 3rd Request for Medical Health Records.pdf. Filed By: State of Indiana' File Stamp: 03/14/2024. Motion filed. 4th Request for Mental Health Records.pdf; Filed By: State of Indiana; File Stamp: 03/14/2024.
3/15/24 Docket update: Automated E-Notice issued to Parties. Order issued-3/14/2024: Andrew Joseph Baldwin; Bradley Anthony Rozzi; Nicholas Charles McLeland; James David Luttrull. Order issued-3/14/2024: Andrew Joseph Baldwin; Bradley Anthony Rozzi; Nicholas Charles McLeland; James David Luttrull.
3/15/24 Docket Updates: Objection file. State's response to Continuance & stay filed by State of Indiana [Contempt hearing]. link: Adobe Acrobat
Memorandum/Brief filed. Memorandum concerning contempt proceedings file by Allen [link: Memorandum Concerning Contempt Proceedingspdf.pdf]

3/15/24 Docket update: Order issued. This case has generated substantial public interest & media attention. In light of this, and on the Court's own motion to ensure the integrity of the proceedings, to protect the Defendant's constitutional rights for due process, to ensure the safety of the parties & the public & to permit public access to criminal proceedings, the Court sets forth the following rules & guidelines for the hearing set for Monday 3/18/24, in the Allen Superior Court. The Courthouse will open at 8am. All entrances are closed, except for the entrance on the east side of the building. The remaining entrances will be locked with no access to the public. All members of the public, including members of the media, are subject to screening by metal detectors. All bags in possession of those entering the building are subject to search. NO weapons of any kind are permitted in the building, except for on-duty law enforcement officers providing security to the Courthouse & the parties. No electronic devices, including electronic watches, are permitted in the building Violations are subject to seizure & destruction of the electronic device without further notice. Media personnel are permitted to attend the Court session. NO cameras, electronics, lap tops or recording equipment of any kind is permitted in the Allen County Courthouse. The Court requests the media be mindful that other County offices are conducting business in the building unrelated to this case. Media & members of the public are ordered to conduct themselves in such a fashion as to limit disruption to the offices, personnel & patrons of those offices. The Media are free to use the public areas outside the Courthouse as long as they do not obstruct traffic in the streets & sidewalks surrounding the Courthouse. Public seating in the Allen Superior Courtroom One is limited. The Sheriff of Carroll County or his designee will ensure that the victim representatives are seated & that the defendant's family is seated in reserved seating in the front rows of the Courtroom. The remaining seating is available until full. No one, other than Court Security & law enforcement, will be permitted to stand in the Courtroom. No food or beverages are permitted inside the Courtroom. Water will be permitted for the parties in the well of the Courtroom. All members of the public & the media are required to follow directives of the Sheriff of Carroll County, the Sheriff of Allen County, Courthouse Security & Courtroom Security. NO court-produced recording will be made available to the public or media. The audio record made pursuant to Indiana Criminal Rule 5 may not be copied or used for purposes other than perpetuating the record. At the conclusion of the scheduled hearing, all members of the public & media will remain seated in the courtroom until Court Security releases them. The Courtroom will be locked between sessions of the Court. Doors will be unlocked for the afternoon session at 1:45pm. The Court anticipates that all members of the public & the media will conduct themselves in an appropriate fashion. Any violation of this Order & any conduct the Court finds disruptive of the proceedings is punishable as direct contempt of court & will result in a term of imprisonment & permanent exclusion from the Courtroom, the Courthouse & all future proceedings.
3/15/24 Docket update: Order issued. Ex parte e-mail communication dated 3/11/24, from Anthony Greeno ordered copied & sent to counsel of record & the Clerk of Carroll Circuit Court. Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances; Noticed: McLeland, Nicholas Charles; Baldwin, Andrew Joseph; Rozzi, Bradley Anthony; Luttrull, James David JR. Order Signed: 03/14/24. Order issued The Court has received ex parte e-mail from an Anthony Greeno on 3/12/24, which contains graphic images, the Court will not file tihs e-mail, as the images are unsuitable for public inclusion in this file. Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances; Noticed: McLeland, Nicholas Charles; Baldwin, Andrew Joseph; Rozzi, Bradley Anthony; Luttrull, James David JR. Order Signed: 03/14/24.

Today is a serious and important day in this case. I am hoping for wisdom from Judge Gull in all of her decisions, and hoping most of all for the participants to conduct themselves in a manner that doesn't bring further shame and embarrassment to this case.

For Abby and Libby's families, I wish you comfort and strength to get through these trying times that are NOT a game to be played, but the most serious pain and suffering of your lives for 7 long years.

May Lady Justice bring forth the correct steps to help bring answers and actions that will ultimately lead to a conviction of the killer(s) of completely innocent Abbigal Williams and Liberty German, the forgotten victims of late. They deserve this and so much more.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

MOO

Yep. Almost five years ago. April 22, 2019. The press conference with the new sketch. The Abby and Libby thread exploded that day. We were incredulous. Angry. Disappointed.
.... and the relatives of the girls partly had cried, when they were informed by LE in advance of the PC, if I remember well. No wonder at all.

Today is a serious and important day in this case. I am hoping for wisdom from Judge Gull in all of her decisions, and hoping most of all for the participants to conduct themselves in a manner that doesn't bring further shame and embarrassment to this case.

For Abby and Libby's families, I wish you comfort and strength to get through these trying times that are NOT a game to be played, but the most serious pain and suffering of your lives for 7 long years.

May Lady Justice bring forth the correct steps to help bring answers and actions that will ultimately lead to a conviction of the killer(s) of completely innocent Abbigal Williams and Liberty German, the forgotten victims of late. They deserve this and so much more.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

MOO
Well said!

I too am rooting for wisdom and grace for all involved and thank websleuths for this forum where we are obligated to practice respect to all, including those with whom we disagree.

I am working today and thank you in advance for posting updates as they are reported.

I can’t for y’all to read this one. They finally suggest maybe the kids were not killed on the day they were taken and maybe they were brought back there after the search was called off.
Well, I just spit my coffee at your reaction, because the same theory was explored as possible, here, a number of times.
They were forced into a vehicle waiting at the private drive and then later driven over to the cemetery, then carried/marched/taken to the location they were found. It fits with the "I don't think they crossed the creek" theory.

03/18/2024Witness and/or Exhibit List Filed
Supplemental Witness List and Exhibit Notice 1.pdf
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
03/17/2024
03/18/2024Response to a Petition Filed
State's Response to Motion to Compel .pdf
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
03/17/2024
03/18/2024Motion Filed
State's Motion for Protective Order.pdf
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
03/17/2024
03/18/2024Motion Filed
Motion for Parity in Resources, To Reconsider the Denial of Anticipated Defense Costs, or to Exclude Evidence
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
03/17/2024
03/18/2024Amended Pleading Filed
Amended Motion to Compel and Request for Sanctions
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
03/17/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.