Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice can't be served if the accused is prosecuted unjustly, however. At this point, I think that concern is fair.
It seems at this point all anyone is concerned about is the accused defense attorney's gross negligence and un-ethical behaviors, their defense of themselves by putting numerous youtubers on the stand and their own inability to mark motions filed not-for-public-review.

The victims, Liberty German and Abigail Williams have no place in this awfulness playing out. They are for all intents and purposes not the focus of anything...except maybe RA when he admitted murdering them...numerous times. AJMO

Beaudette’s letter to the court that was filed.

Wow, I seriously cannot wipe the smile from my face. It's there due to the fact that one of these YTers had the human decency to call out others and the Defense against their false claims. If that doesn't show the depths this defense strategy has sunken to, than nothing will.

I appreciate this person coming forward and stating the facts for the records.

I bet DH and R&B aren't such happy campers upon reading this. Wow.

MOO

Thank you so much Ravenmoon!!

So DH’s strategy is to show the crime leaks that originated from d’s office spread further and wider than originally thought?
Call me befuddled.
You could knock me over with a feather right now. This is a clear indication of some serious misconduct to me.

JMO

Not all of us are just concerned about the D's behavior; if the judge stands on her orders, Nick may have a problem, too. Note that she states motions.

A lot of us are concerned about the entire trial and all the families and friends who are affected.

The motion for funds is the first ex parte motion filed by Allen's defense.
As per Judge Frances Gull order, the details of the ex parte motions and her rulings on the matters are sealed, and anyone who leaks the details of the sealed motions or rulings faces a contempt of court order.

March 18th is exactly a week away, does anyone think there will be a special hearing called by JG before then or will it all play out in Court on the 18th?

This gross misbehavior has moved beyond the scope of any upcoming trial I have ever seen, and shamefully at that. I can't even imagine what the actual trial may bring, it's scary. My thoughts are with the loved ones of Abby & Libby.

#Justice4Abby&Libby(therealvictims)

JMO

I absolutely agree. That witness list are full of conspiracy theorists, family haters, people who claim have hire a PI to stalk the prosecutor and said they want to make the prosecutors life a hell, etc. So sad for the families.

I don't know if they are incompetent of if their strategy will work on court because it's jury who decide and in my country the system it's totally different but I think they are not very...moral. As an attorney, I don't like those kind of attorneys but I guess might work on a jury and many defendants prefer these kind of "circus defense".

As to strategy ... keep in mind that the Court controls the evidence the jury can use for its deliberation. Therefore, for the defense, laying down a pre-trial record for appeal is always a big priority.

IMO the point of Hennessey's witness list is to bring to light and to address the stage (and SM pressure) that has been set (by LE) for the leaking in this case.

I sense that one of Hennessey's contempt arguments will addresses LE's years long manipulation of SM for investigation purposes. LE leaked (to assist investigation) ... which created the witness list you reference above. That witness list contains pro-prosecution and pro-defense Social Media (SM) characters.

I'd also expect Hennessey to argue that it's LE original leak contacts in the SM that are the leak sources here. To my knowledge, LE can and will use SM to help investigations case to case where useful.

Regarding SM-based attacks: I think it's only fair to acknowledge that the D is no less affected than the P.

Finally, if Gull is indeed wise and fair, she will not permit her court or her judgement to be hijacked by uncontrollable social media dynamics (set into play years ago), and she'll bring a halt the contempt bickering, dish out fair sanctions to both sides, set pre-trial deadlines, and admonish both sides to focus on meeting those deadlines. (If wishes were horses.)

JMHO

Yes, it is a slap in the face to our Justice system that Internet Trolls, Podcasters and SM wannabes are going to be called in defense of the Defense. But kind of fitting when you think about it.

moo
OH,I don’t think they are bringing them in JUST in defence of the D. It might just tell us who’s been feeding them (the podcasters) long before the Westerman leak. JMHO

Strictly in regards to NMcL's ex parte motion, here is what JG wrote in her 12/12/22 order (BBM):

All such motions shall bear the following legend, preceding and separated from the style of the motion: EX PARTE PLEADING T0 BE PLACED UNDER SEAL and the Clerk shall ensure that these filings are not accessible by the Prosecutor.

The Clerk
, the Sheriff and any deputies from his office, the Court Reporter, and the Carroll
County Public Defender Agency and any agents are hereby restrained under penalty of contempt
from disclosing to anyone the nature of any motion or order relating thereto, any testimony or colloquy adduced at any hearing on such motions, the text of any transcript, or any other information disclosed in such proceedings.

12/12/22: OrderGrantingExParteMotionforFundsIssued 10.pdf

IMOO, the Clerk (not the D) was supposed to assure these were filed as sealed and not accessible to NMcL. And, by disclosing the name of the D's requested expert in a public motion, NMcL opened himself up for contempt. JMO, but this issue should be treated as a separate entity from anything the D has done, and it's clear in JG's own order what has to happen for both the Clerk and NMcL. JMO.

Last edited:
Strictly in regards to NMcL's ex parte motion, here is what JG wrote in her 12/12/22 order (BBM):

All such motions shall bear the following legend, preceding and separated from the style of the motion: EX PARTE PLEADING T0 BE PLACED UNDER SEAL and the Clerk shall ensure that these filings are not accessible by the Prosecutor.

The Clerk, the Sheriff and any deputies from his office, the Court Reporter, and the Carroll
County Public Defender Agency and any agents are hereby restrained under penalty of contempt
from disclosing to anyone the nature of any motion or order relating thereto, any testimony or colloquy adduced at any hearing on such motions, the text of any transcript, or any other information disclosed in such proceedings.

12/12/22: OrderGrantingExParteMotionforFundsIssued 10.pdf

IMOO, the Clerk (not the D) was supposed to assure these were filed as sealed. And, by disclosing the name of the D's requested expert in a public motion, NMcL opened himself up for contempt. JMO, but this issue should be treated as a separate entity from anything the D has done, and it's clear in JG's own order what has to happen.

It's not unreasonable to argue here that clerk errors could be the potential source of sealed material leaks ... and therefore the clerk is the leak source ... and ultimately the clerk's errors belong to the Court ... and I don't think Hennessey has missed the Court's errors embedded in his witness list. Another factor the Court will best weigh in whilst marshalling this contempt parade. JMHO

Not all of us are just concerned about the D's behavior; if the judge stands on her orders, Nick may have a problem, too. Note that she states motions.

A lot of us are concerned about the entire trial and all the families and friends who are affected.

If NMcL is found to have purposely broken a Court Order, I absolutely believe he should be held accountable as well.

It's not a we vs them, State vs Defense, it should be about justice for two innocent, young girls who took a walk on an unseasonably warm February afternoon 7 years ago. Probably laughing and sharing secrets, acting goofy like girls their age do. Nothing would have prepared them for the nightmare that was about to happen, or ever could.

JMO

OH,I don’t think they are bringing them in JUST in defence of the D. It might just tell us who’s been feeding them (the podcasters) long before the Westerman leak. JMHO
I would agree, I think some people close to the investigation might have shared info. but I believe they did it before there was a gag order issued by the Court. But I also don't think there will be anything that compares to the Westerman leak by far.

JMO

Lordie!
Any takes on when this Court best begin voi dire for this high-profile murder case to ensconce and seat this Allen County jury for Carroll County for May 13, the day after Mother's Day? :oops:
Beginning of May?

The #Delphi Murders case is going to trial May 13-31, 2024. Judge Gull just signed the order, following #RichardAllen's request for an early trial. Allen still due in court Monday for two hearings.

Delphi Murders trial now set to begin Monday, May 13, 2024 and last for three weeks.

Allen's request for early trial granted, now set for May 13-31, 2024 in Delphi. Jury will come from Allen County.

@NewsyBarbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member