Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take it a step further - if there is any practical benefit to leaking grisly crime scene photos of dead little girls it is generally to anyone but the defense. I think of the townsfolk with the pitchforks and torches going after the mad scientist in classic horror movies.
It just doesn't make sense to me that the defense would intentionally prejudice their own client that way. But so much of this case has never made sense to me.
I think they may have mistakenly thought there was a benefit to their defense if some of this stuff was leaked to their you-tube allies.

I think it was similar to their decision to add so much superfluous stuff to their Frank's motion. They wanted all the Odinist stuff out to the public for their consumption. And leaking photos and docs would just heighten that public interest and dissatisfaction with the state's case. JMO

Whereas months ago they claimed they were ready and willing to do this work pro bono AND they were ready for a speedy trial.

Their tune has surely changed.
They were reinstated by the Indiana Supreme Court as public defenders. As such, they should be paid and so should their expenses.

JG should taken up their pro bono offer and saved Carroll Co. some money.

Well if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, the benefit to leaking the crime scene photos is sticks/branches. And that's because that's the defense's main theory...so far. It wasn't RA, it was...

Odinist killers sacrificially killed the girls leaving proof at the crime scene of stick runes. Odinist guards then backed them up ( because they all know one another and are in cahoots) and made RA so scared and threatened he erroneously confessed to killing the girls to his wife and mother, more than 5 times.

Why wait until trial to combat the prosecution on the spot and explain those pictures away from RA in front of THE jury, when you can make sure the images are leaked to social media and influence the whole jury pool about Odinists killers before jury selection. It's a no-brainer for zealous defenders. AJMO
EXACTLY.
They knew exactly what they were doing , IMO. The goal was to get this sealed info to the public. What is a better way to do that than YouTubers?

They were reinstated by the Indiana Supreme Court as public defenders. As such, they should be paid and so should their expenses.

JG should taken up their pro bono offer and saved Carroll Co. some money.
True but there is such a big contrast between their two 'attitudes.'

It went from 'we can do this on our own pro-bono, we don't need any help and we are ready for a speedy trial' to 'we can't possibly even look at all of the reams of Discovery because we are so underpaid and understaffed'

Maybe if they stopped drafting so many dozens of 'longshot' motions and focused on Discovery they would be better off?

Apologies if this has already been posted... no time to go back in thread and look... :oops:

It went from 'we can do this on our own pro-bono, we don't need any help and we are ready for a speedy trial' to 'we can't possibly even look at all of the reams of Discovery because we are so underpaid and understaffed'

Maybe if they stopped drafting so many dozens of 'longshot' motions and focused on Discovery they would be better off?
Maybe if all parties involved stopped doing their stupid stuff, everyone would be better off.
There is surely enough blame to go all the way around.

Per this rushed and stumbling report.
Defense states MW was a consultant for defense when he leaked the crime scene photos. It was routine for defense to bring in consultants to assist with the case.
MOO this in direct violation of the orders. Unless MW had been cleared by court to have access to evidence.

The biggest issue of the morning half of Monday’s hearing was the leak of crime scene pictures that were taken by a consultant working for Andy Baldwin, one of Allen’s attorneys. The defense argued the leak was an accident, and that the person shared the pictures without Baldwin’s knowledge.

Delphi murders hearing ends after hours of back and forth

Defense states MW was a consultant for defense when he leaked the crime scene photos. It was routine for defense to bring in consultants to assist with the case.
MOO this in direct violation of the orders. Unless MW had been cleared by court to have access to evidence.

The biggest issue of the morning half of Monday’s hearing was the leak of crime scene pictures that were taken by a consultant working for Andy Baldwin, one of Allen’s attorneys. The defense argued the leak was an accident, and that the person shared the pictures without Baldwin’s knowledge.

And IF he was a consultant for the defense at the time he leaked the photos, then the defense was even more responsible for the leaks, imo.

If one of his own team sent those sealed/protected documents to you-tubers, then the defense team is liable and should be held accountable. IMO

The prior SCION ruling doesn't preclude the judge from sanctioning them off the case as long as she does it by the book, right? With an appropriate hearing which today presumably was....

I have questions.

Apologies if this has already been posted... no time to go back in thread and look... :oops:

If I'm not mistaken, if one is removed from a court hearing, then one is not allowed into any of the future hearings in the case including attending the actual trial itself. moo

I watched an entire month of Feb trial in Jennifer Dulos' murder. During those weeks, the Investigators made one tiny error in determining whether or not it rained in a particular location at a certain time because they didn't factor in DST. Coming over to this trial is extremely difficult after watching the dang near perfect P in Dulos.

It doesn't seem likely that any sort of collusion was performed by AB but both sides have another month to submit final rebuttals arguments on their own behalf. Do I have that right?

I'm not pleased JG will not allow this to be televised. It forces me to watch YT.

MOO

There was a legal reason for Rozzi and Baldwin floating the possibility of changing to pro bono. Prevailing case law holds the 6th Amendment right to counsel of one's choosing, and subsequently the right to remove counsel, is more sacrosanct when a defendant's counsel is pro bono. Thus the offer to change from paid to pro bono by the two just before the appearance before the SCION IMO.

eta:IMO

Last edited:
I think they may have mistakenly thought there was a benefit to their defense if some of this stuff was leaked to their you-tube allies.

I think it was similar to their decision to add so much superfluous stuff to their Frank's motion. They wanted all the Odinist stuff out to the public for their consumption. And leaking photos and docs would just heighten that public interest and dissatisfaction with the state's case. JMO

Franks Motion as a public speaking zealous defense motion ? - yes.

Personality disordered youtubers as a plan for risky leaking that pays off in critical mass PR ? - nope.

Proof? Not a single youtuber was called by either side as a witness today.

JMHO

B Kohlberger was always given new suits to wear by his defense team. The same with Barry Morphew when he was still incarcerated.

I wonder WHY this defense team is not asking for their client to have a suit to wear? Do they maybe want him to look harassed and broken?
I think it's definately a show with them. He could wear a suit, but that would make him look like a "normal" person and not one that has been wrongly accused and so depressed and being watched by the Odin people that know who the real killer is among their Odin cult friends. :rolleyes:

They have to pull off the act that he only confessed because he was so scared and distressed by the Odin guards.

I'm recalling the first list of witnesses the D put out for the Contempt hearing. There were at least 7 attorneys on that list. As reported in the newslink you provided above ^^ -
Long-practicing criminal attorneys taken from this list testified today on behalf of the Defense responding the issue you raise above; this strategist/consultant practice is normal, routine and proper, including in the current case.

Today Gull orchestrated a decision schedule on this non-trial contempt matter ... such that no decision can be expected for weeks. From this, it does seem that Gull no longer feels urgency/panic over this issue as she did in the early days, and before she had time to understand the big picture of what went down with the leaks. Nor does she seem to believe it necessary or that it would benefit RA to remove his Defense Team for a 2nd time (due to incompetence and/or gross negligence).

What's really interesting here is to learn that Gull has moved past this issue while the State continues with a strong appetite to rid themselves of the Baldwin/Rozzi Defense team.

At this point, if my opponent (and not the Court and not the SCOIN) was turning over every rock to find a way to rid me of my counsel, I'd think I lucked out getting assigned this counsel.

IMO, Wieneke will likely still hang in the wings over this issue of this Court refusing to approve payments towards RA's various trial experts - which interferes with his ability to put on his zealous defense.

JMHO

And IF he was a consultant for the defense at the time he leaked the photos, then the defense was even more responsible for the leaks, imo.

If one of his own team sent those sealed/protected documents to you-tubers, then the defense team is liable and should be held accountable. IMO

Westerman (consultant for D) did not send the Defense discovery documents to the youtubers.

According to the State's filing (in a court other than Judge Gull's) Westerman is currently on trial for a crime where Baldwin is the named victim.

What you suggest would be a difficult argument for the State to make - even if in Gull's court.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members