Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #180

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't what happened here. The very first copies circulated online didn't even have time stamps, might those have found their way into SM or friends hands before it was filed to the Court? Through some form of mistake, intentional or not, it was sent directly out by R&B, not marked confidential and was posted online before the clerk saw that it was Confidential/Protected material and could removed it from the site. I was here when it happened, I have strange sleep habits.

I know you said you haven't followed everything here so just wanted to offer that info. up.

moo
That makes a lot more sense. I thought I gathered through discussion here that MW had a copy of the motion prior to filing, so maybe that is the source?

An oopsie with really no info that wouldn't have been discoverable. It doesn't poison the jury pool either as NM never went public with the information. He only filed for records that he'd already had filed for, withdrew that filing and the defense released it in discovery not long after. I don't see that as contempt. AJMO
Apples and Oranges IMO

That makes a lot more sense. I thought I gathered through discussion here that MW had a copy of the motion prior to filing, so maybe that is the source?
Welp, that leads us back to the vicious circle of why the Defense shared confidential and protected information in a highly publicized case including CS photos with a friend, who isn't even a licensed Attorney, he failed the bar and then denied it in Statement by Hennessy directly to the Judge in chambers meeting on Oct 18th.

MOO

Welp, that leads us back to the vicious circle of why the Defense shared confidential and protected information in a highly publicized case including CS photos with a friend, who isn't even a licensed Attorney, he failed the bar and then denied it in Statement by Hennessy directly to the Judge in chambers meeting on Oct 18th.

MOO

Yet we are meant to believe with all this behavior that Judge Gull is simply biased :D

Aha, the concern is that it is being used to circumvent the gag order. That makes sense. :)
Often confused, rarely insulted... and thankful that the technology to project sticks and stones through a screen is years away.
Hah, I'm not a thrower of sticks and stones, just words sometimes but I hope I do it respectfully. :)

MOO
"Shared" to you and I is different, it seems.

Is it just me or is this a little late? Should it not also preclude the lawyer(s) for the D from speaking to the media as well? This judge makes no sense.
I think since it's getting very close to jury selection JG is just reiterating for the record. Interesting that it doesn't include DH.

How do you feel about crowdfunding without specifically stating that the funds will be used for Defense expert costs?

For example, let's say there's a crowdfunding initiative for RA's family, who are innocent, but suffering financial hardships directly related to RA's criminal prosecution. Crowdfunding on a simple platform, no mention of how funds will be held, distributed, tracked.

Does that solve the issue?

JMHO
Hi, @Emma Peel. I have no problem with individuals or groups starting any legal fundraiser. If they want to use the money to pay a defense attorney or buy a new car or get plastic surgery, that is up to them. We see all kind of fundraisers for all kinds of causes.
I think it gets murky when we have an attorney working in an official capacity who is soliciting funds for trial purposes. In order to avoid an impression of impropriety, I think a fundraiser such as this should be at least once removed from the attorneys’ offices. MOO

The order will prohibit prosecutors, the defense team and investigators from talking to the media about the case against Richard Allen.
Wasn't everyone here under the understanding that this was already the situation? What's "new" there? Did the old gag order expire? Gah
Shocking false information again. HAH

The order will prohibit prosecutors, the defense team and investigators from talking to the media about the case against Richard Allen.
Wasn't everyone here under the understanding that this was already the situation? What's "new" there? Did the old gag order expire? Gah
Maybe the D and P are in discussions?

Maybe the D and P are in discussions?
OMG, you literally made me gasp. Do you think that is even a possibility? Has this case been so tanked they'd be willing to make a plea deal?

I don't see it, but if anything, I have learned that just as soon as I say "I think I've seen it all", they show me what a stupid statement I've made.

Wow, now my mind is spinning Sunshine. I probably won't sleep a wink. :eek:

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads