About Caylee's Memorial toys for poor kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's JMO, but I honestly think is is an agree to disagree issue that will stay that way. Assuming a decent motivation on the part of the A family, I can see that this might have been perceived as a nice gesture in Caylee's name that wasn't expected to be controversial. Maybe no one really distinguished going onto A property and someone else's in taking control of the toys and giving them elsewhere. On the other hand, it doesn't seem fair to paint the people who are opposed as people who condemn the family no matter what they do. Again, with all good motivations, a lot of people don't consider items left at a grave or memorial as things that are judged by a standard of "just rotting" or being put to practical use. They weren't really intended for Caylee's use, but as an expression by the person who left it. A lot of memorials suffer through the elements and are eventually removed, without serving another "useful" purpose. The people who feel this way don't want to deprive kids at Christmas.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

With all due respect---someone who believes as you do shouldn't be forced to take toys to a memorial and should be allowed to adopt as many children as they qualify to adopt, but the wishes of people for whom it is meaningful to memorialize Caylee in this way should not be undone by the wishes of others who think they are smarter, kinder, wiser or more important. People are entitled to use their resources as THEY decide. If they want to make this display, that is their right and it should not be interfered with....whether someone else understands or agrees with their motivations or not.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

From the article but slightly unrelated:

""I hope the courts understand that she was a young mom and there are hard times," said Jennifer G.."

I thought the rest of the article was lovely though, and I am happy that they children who benefited will have some joy this christmas.

What the fudge! Maybe they should have asked Ms. Jennifer is she ever killed her kids over hard times.

IMO, Whoever's property that they toys are on should make the final decision.

MOO.

Been thinking about this. What I see is that the Ant's (prolly CA) still have CONTROL! CONTROL, CONTROL, CONTROL!

Take care of your grief, your pain, funeral arrangements! Call those who "reached out" to you and thank them for their support! Mend differences with family! There is much to do for the Ants.. BUT they make a FUSS about stuffed animals placed, at a memorial site, that is on Private Property, not owned by the Ants.. Control!

OK, I am speculating that the Ant's did not come up with the idea of "donating"... They were proly about to send Lee down to take care of the situation. I think their attorney suggested, this might be a better idea, in view of their public Image. I have to add, I think their new Attorney is doing a great job, especially figuring who is is working with.

Food for thought....

The donated stuffed animals... It appears to be the assumption that ALL of these toys and animals were bought NEW and placed in Memory of Caylee. Great, if they are NEW to donate them.

However, I suspect that the majority of these items were NOT new.. When sorted out, do you really think that they will keep a USED Teddy Bear or toy? I think not, therefore we all can figure what will happen to them...

BTW, O/T.. has anyone heard if the A's have personally visited the site?

What the fudge! Maybe they should have asked Ms. Jennifer is she ever killed her kids over hard times.

No kidding, and how hard were the times for KC really? Does she know they meaning of hard times, like working and not being able to make ends meet. Not being able to steal enough to cover your cell phone bill and a new outfit doesn't count.

The Anthonys are now receiving praise for "giving" toys that were never theirs to begin with. They didn't spend their hard earned dollars to show the generosity in their hearts for those less fortunate. This is all spin, something that the A's are so good at. They are taking advantage of those who wanted to honor Caylee in their own way, and using the situation for their own gain. Saddest part, this ploy is gaining sympathy for them from some that don't see the irony and deceit. Yes, they have lost a grandaughter that they loved, and deserve sympathy for that, but that doesn't excuse them from using other people's donations and claiming credit for "giving".

When my daughter was killed, I wanted to keep every single thing she owned, I just felt it wasn't the right thing to do. I have spent my hard earned dollars to donate to those less fortunate, and it was a lot easier doing that than it was giving most of my daughter's possessions to family and friends.
What good are those toys sitting out in the weather getting ruined? I would think people would like to think of those toys being used and played with, regardless of the motives of the A's for giving them away. There are too many kids out there, sad but true, whose parents are not just down on their luck, but are alcoholics and/or drug addicts who don't give a crap about the children they brought into this world, and a few donated toys on Christmas is about all the love these kids get for the entire year. Caylee's gone, she has no need for toys anymore.
Lanie

The A's are going through such a hard time, God bless their souls. <---I'm trying to be nice about them for those of your who know me...But IMO the A's believe they hold all the power since all of this started. Cindy has always been a control freak and nothing will change that.

Who are the toys for at a memorial? Caylee is gone, she can't play with them, so who gets them? When you go to a funeral and people send flowers, who gets them? Are they for the family to show love and support? If so, shouldn't the family decide what to do with them? The dead is gone and have no use for them, a memorial is for the family of the dead, I thought. It's to show support, I thought???? So, all these toys that are at Cayless memorial, what is the purpose of them??? I'm not trying to sound mean or harsh here, I'm just trying to understand why there is such a big ordeal over what to do with them??? :blowkiss:

The subject of removing items from the Memorial Site has been discussed at lengths on other threads.

Potentially I see this thread getting out of control so I'm locking it for Administrative Review. If deemed worthy of discussing further it will be unlocked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa