• AB was oblivous until the morning of the fire

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Ab was not involved with Zahra's death but completely involved in disposal

Votes: 19 5.1%
  • AB was soley responsible for what happened to Zahra and her disposal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AB killed Zahra

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • AB was involved in the death and cover up of Zahra.

Votes: 71 18.9%
  • Adam and Elisa were both equally complicit

Votes: 94 25.1%
  • AB contributed to death by negligence; Involved in cover-up *except* for disposal

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • AB contributed to Zahra's death through negligence and was involved in the cover up and disposal

Votes: 138 36.8%
  • Leaning towards AB was in denial- but all depends on what was found in the house.

Votes: 15 4.0%
  • Other: Not sure how AB is involved. Can't condemn him for Zahra's demise, as yet...I need more infor

Votes: 35 9.3%
  • I think AB was involved and so was EB...

Votes: 12 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I am not going to speculate on the degree of his involvement of Zahra's death or the disposal of her body. It pains and sickens me to think a father could be guilty of doing some of the things I've read on these boards. I know everyone is just speculating but I cannot go there. I do have to wonder if he was aware of his wife's participation in the "dark side."
I will just wait and see what comes out as the case moves along.

I voted for AB contributing through negligence and helped after the fact. IMO he was the type of parent who said "ya got a roof over your head, food to eat and a place to sleep, be grateful and leave me alone".

Personally, I am not going to speculate on the degree of his involvement of Zahra's death or the disposal of her body. It pains and sickens me to think a father could be guilty of doing some of the things I've read on these boards. I know everyone is just speculating but I cannot go there. I do have to wonder if he was aware of his wife's participation in the "dark side."

There are areas I'd prefer not to explore further too, some of the speculation I read last night upset me so much...another reason I'm extremely grateful for this new forum where the topics are split up, I don't have to go there.

I think he was totally complicit in the disposal and cover up to save his own skin. I don't believe that he was actively involved in abusing her but he was guilty of neglect in that he was 'wilfully' ignorant of what what going on with Zahra before she died, ie he knew but chose not to know and did nothing to help her. Agree that her whole life he's laid the burden of her care and welfare on whoever happened to be handy, his mother and then EB.

AB/EB both murdered Zahra and equally planned and did the cover up and disposal.
IMO

Thankyou! for Zahra's own forum!!
My big question is why isn't AB in jail.
There are old crimes still to charge him with.
He's just as guilty as EB in everything.

I am really surprised that LE has allowed AB to remain out of jail. If for no other reason, I would think they would want him in jail for his own protection. He has to be one of the most hated men in Hickory right now.

"There was no one in that house who cared at all about this little girl. No wonder she was so upset when she had to get rid of her cats. They probably showed her more love and devotion then her own father"

I must have missed this part about her cats?! So she was completely isolated from everything she knew and loved. Her pets, her friends, her home in Austrailia, her school....absolutely everything.

Thankyou! for Zahra's own forum!!
My big question is why isn't AB in jail.
There are old crimes still to charge him with.
He's just as guilty as EB in everything.

Aren't AB's only charges related to his monetary crimes? This case has me going in circles, so it's tough to keep things straight. I'm sure things are tightening around him, but it would appear his previous crimes aren't severe enough to hold him. They'll have him soon enough, and then he won't be going anywhere.

The video the other day of AB - when he went back to the house to be evicted and get his things. Well, that video IMHO clearly showed his involvement. His body language, facial expressions (what I could see of them) - screamed guilt. The jig was up. He went in there and saw what LE did and what they took and he knows. He knows it all.

He hung his head, shuffled his feet, wouldn't look at anyone (including the people that were with him), shoulder slumped - he was done. IMO

I do believe he will be back behind bars (and for quite a long time) - its just LE is taking their time, doing it right and dotting all i's and crossing all t's before charging anyone. That clock starts ticking once charges are handed down and LE wants to be ready for it.

Waiting is hard - but patience pays.

My theories about AB's complicity, just my own opinions.

I think he knew that EB treated Z very badly, but didn't care so long as he had the relationship with EB.

I think he knew Z was being neglected but didn't care because he thought taking care of her was EB's job as the stepmother and he felt that he wasn't about to get blamed because of that choice to offload responsibility.

I think he probably gave tacit approval for something EB did that killed Zahra. Sort of she said "I'm going in there and I'm going to..." and he said "whatever" or "sure"?

I think that both AB and EB didn't want to deal after the death and they put Zahra on her bed and left her there and she got all stinky and decomped and soupy and flyblown and so on faster than they dreamed possible. Maybe AB didn't want to deal because he doesn't think dealing with kid stuff and cleaning stuff is something he does, so he did his usual business of ignoring it and hoping a woman would deal with it. EB was probably in a self pitying depression and could barely do anything.

I think they shifted out to lay low in the car away from the horrible smell.

I think he got angrier and angrier with EB about how inconvenient it all was and hwo he might get in trouble, probably got a bit angry with his deceased daughter too because you know how it can be when someone doesn't want to blame themselves even a bit, and went back in there and dealt with the problem in as gruesome a manner as possible to scare the **** out of EB and have a petty revenge on her for how much work and hassle and risk this was all going to be.

I think that either he pressured a depressed EB into doing some of the work, or that part way through she could see this would all work out and stopped being depressed and started helping him.

I think after the work of getting everything "dealt with" was done, AB and EB reconciled to each other and stopped arguing and started bonding over their crime and how they were going to get away with it. The crime became a shared secret against the world and the crazy plan with the fire and ransom note was hatched between them.

If AB contributed at all to the quote, “Zahra has been abused daily by her mother," and I think he did, it pretty much proves he knew what was going on and at the very least let it happen, which makes him equally responsible. Bottom line: He holds his head down now because he's GUILTY.

I feel the same way, TxLady...

I wrote in:

Other: Not sure how AB is involved. Can't condemn him for Zahra's demise, as yet...I need more information on his whereabouts..

I can't imagine he wasn't aware that EB was abusing his little angel. Maybe EB can talk her way out of things. She seems to be a malignant narcisis, it's all about HER!

I can't imagine he'd look the other way after all this childs been through but then again, we've seen time and time again how a parent becomes "love" struck or "lust" struck and continues to be in denial. I'd like to know more about AB's work, his hours, his days off and so on.

I did find it odd, after this fire, he wouldn't immediately go in and check on Zahra to make sure she was okay. Knowing the sirens must have been blaring, why wouldn't he check to see that Zahra wasn't afraid or to just make sure she's fine and there, in her room. Seems to me, EB banished her to her room, only coming out to eat, would not be something to just overlook. Why did he trust EB as he did? Was he in love/lust or just blind...JMHO

Where is Zahra?

i voted equally complicit. today my thoughts seem to be running a bit wild and i'm just not sure what to think. all the allegations and conflicting info flying around... trying to organize my thoughts here this morning. upon first reading about zhara my thoughts were definitely that they were both responsible. now firstst of all, i *HATE* both of them, and that is definitely not something i say with any regularity, but just this morning i'm wondering if maybe, just maybe, EB may be less involved than i originally thought?? i just don't know, seeing the family photos she had posted on her myspace and such just gave me pause i think. combined with the alleged use of the word "horrifying" in the letters made me think a little harder. i do believe she is narcississitic and a lousy excuse for a mother and human being (MOO), but this morning, if i had a little sliding guilt meter here with AB on one side and EB on the other it would be sliding more toward the middle or AB's side. this idea could totally change within the next few minutes of course as i change my mind often hahaha! JMO, MOO etc etc etc

Could be that EB/AB landlord when he evicted him, well he could have learned something from LE about AB that we don't know.

He probably heard the 911 call!

I was ready to leap through the tv and beat him to death myself!

Aren't AB's only charges related to his monetary crimes? This case has me going in circles, so it's tough to keep things straight. I'm sure things are tightening around him, but it would appear his previous crimes aren't severe enough to hold him. They'll have him soon enough, and then he won't be going anywhere.

what about the running relative off the road and having a weapon???

You bring something to mind that I had meant to mention eventually but I have been
sort of mulling it over for a while first.

I have felt that these two seemed to be like epoxy ingredients. Apart they might
not be too dangerous but when put together they seem to have become deadly to those around them.

That is exactly where I've ended up after putting the pieces (most of them anyway) together.

If I ask myself the "whys" of this case, I come down with some very interesting bits of info:

1). We know that Biomum was looking for Zahra (if we are to believe her, anyway).

2). We know that DSS was recently looking into the parents (per family), and that DSS had looked into the family in the past (per neighbors, school officials, etc).

3). We know there was a mysterious "home inspection" looming on the horizon.

4). We know that money was a huge issue for these 2 (rents not paid, checks bounced, rental property sold illegally, etc.)

5). We know that both AB/EB (and others) were deeply involved in virtual world game play. (If you want to get a better understanding of how deep, you'll have to sleuth that yourself.)

6). We know that Elisa recieved 10,000 dollars from someone overseas, with payment spread out over a period of a year (per family members).

I can fit all that info, except 5 and 6, into my existing theory. And I'm pretty close to fitting 5 into the theory as well, but am trying to gain missing pieces of the puzzle. But anyway, those are the existing bits of information that I consider relevent to understand why AB/EB might have had reason to want Zahra to disappear. If there were another crime being committed here, one that went on for some time and was about to be found out, I can definitely see BOTH EB and AB panicking and doing the unthinkable.

(I still have serious questions about whether or not #6 actually belongs on this list. It may, or it may not. But it is still worthy of speculation,imo, so it stays on me list)

JMO

what about the running relative off the road and having a weapon???

Forgot about that one. Still, though, something similar happened in our County and, since the weapon wasn't fired, they set bail and he stayed out until his trial and subsequent incarceration.

Perhaps in NC the same thing applies? :waitasec:

O/T...........how proud is mum (KB) that she bailed this creature out now?????
If he gets wacked .........mum (KB) will blame USA and not herself.
AB should be in jail if only for protection, he is a hated man.
If anything happens to him, it will only be EB's story.......
I want BOTH of them
to go down for Zahra to have justice!
What did they do to that little one????

I went with equally complicit.

I think EB delivered what ended up being the fatal blow.
What was suppose to be her typical beating and abuse, but was a critical injury.
"We didn't really kill her"

I think AB was aware his daughter was injured and did not seek medical care because of the investigation and charges it would bring, and she died as a result hours or days later.

It is a common scenario in abuse cases.

I think he is was intimately involved in the disposal, clean up, staging, and cover up. And continues to be.

Failure to seek medical care for your own protection equals equally complicit to me.

That is exactly where I've ended up after putting the pieces (most of them anyway) together.

If I ask myself the "whys" of this case, I come down with some very interesting bits of info:

1). We know that Biomum was looking for Zahra (if we are to believe her, anyway).

2). We know that DSS was recently looking into the parents (per family), and that DSS had looked into the family in the past (per neighbors, school officials, etc).

3). We know there was a mysterious "home inspection" looming on the horizon.

4). We know that money was a huge issue for these 2 (rents not paid, checks bounced, rental property sold illegally, etc.)

5). We know that both AB/EB (and others) were deeply involved in virtual world game play. (If you want to get a better understanding of how deep, you'll have to sleuth that yourself.)

6). We know that Elisa recieved 10,000 dollars from someone overseas, with payment spread out over a period of a year (per family members).

I can fit all that info, except 5 and 6, into my existing theory. And I'm pretty close to fitting 5 into the theory as well, but am trying to gain missing pieces of the puzzle. But anyway, those are the existing bits of information that I consider relevent to understand why AB/EB might have had reason to want Zahra to disappear. If there were another crime being committed here, one that went on for some time and was about to be found out, I can definitely see BOTH EB and AB panicking and doing the unthinkable.

(I still have serious questions about whether or not #6 actually belongs on this list. It may, or it may not. But it is still worthy of speculation,imo, so it stays on me list)

JMO

I can't stop thinking about that $10,000. That's a very large amount of money for someone to send to a person they've never met. I know we're not supposed to talk about the "London" connection, but that figure of $10,000 doesn't sit right with me, and lends itself to all sorts of dark speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox