Actor Chris Penn found dead

arielilane said:
This is sad news. He played in one of my favorite movies "At Close Range". His brother Sean was also in it.
Oh that is one of my favorite movies as well, i love the true stories....

got the new NE...in it, it says Penn's family DO suspect drug/booze as the cause of his death....apparently he's had problems w/both for several years...won't know for sure until toxicology report comes back, though...

close_enough said:
got the new NE...in it, it says Penn's family DO suspect drug/booze as the cause of his death....apparently he's had problems w/both for several years...won't know for sure until toxicology report comes back, though...
The NE is pretty reliable these days.

close_enough said:
I was praying it wasnt something like that, but it happens way to much....

Jeana (DP) said:
I'll be pretty surprised if it was anything but a heart attack. The dude was SERIOUSLY overweight and looked like his blood pressure was so high his face was going to pop.

Sad though. Young guy with talent.
That's what i thought when i saw him on law & order: CI awhile back. He haad the beet red complexion of someone with really *high* BP. Friend of mine dropped dead with no warning for exactly the same reason about 5 years ago.

arielilane said:
This is sad news. He played in one of my favorite movies "At Close Range". His brother Sean was also in it.
You mean I'm not the only one who loves this movie? In fact, when I heard he died I thought of it. I was shocked to see how he looks today. I'm betting on natural causes over drugs with 60/40 odds.

Sounds like cardiomyopathy. I had a good friend die at 38. Perfect health and a regular exerciser and all that. Died on the basketball court as his father died before he was a teen.Quick and stunning but it happens.

Penn Died From Enlarged Heart, Multiple Medications

UPDATED: 1:17 pm EST February 14, 2006

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles County coroner's office said actor Chris Penn's death was accidental.

An enlarged heart, also known as nonspecific cardiomyopathy, and the effects of a mix of multiple medications together killed Penn.

Chief coroner investigator Craig Harvey said, "There is absolutely no indication that this is anything but an accident."

Penn, the younger brother of actor Sean Penn, was found dead in his Santa Monica condominium Jan. 24, but the results of his autopsy and toxicology tests were not released until Monday.

Harvey said Penn had several prescriptions, including promethazine with codeine, a highly addictive cough syrup, which featured predominantly in his death. The investigator said they don't know how much he took or when he took it.

http://www.thechamplainchannel.com/entertainment/7025629/detail.html

Jules said:
Chris Penn’s toxicology report revealed
Actor had Valium, morphine, marijuana and codeine in his system

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11509483/
That's just about a full load. No small wonder he died. Did it say what the readings were???

elevated level of codeine; codeine can cause a mean constipation. I haven't ever been constipated by anything---other than codeine. That stuff is deadly.

Buzzm1 said:
That's just about a full load. No small wonder he died. Did it say what the readings were???

Nope, no readings but here's some more of the article:

The report also found traces of promethazine (an antihistamine) in his system.

The official cause of death is still an enlarged heart, but the coroner's office claims the drugs in his system added to the problems associated with his already enlarged heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back