AK AK - Anchorage, 'Eklutna Annie' WhtFem 311UFAK, 16-23, unique jewelry, Jul'80

yes, I hope someone looked at Megan. Maybe they did but she's not listed as being ruled out?

Wow, she also looks like Andria!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

This woman was added yesterday to NamUs:

Mary Kathleen Thill

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/16958/0

If you google her name, it looks like Hansen was suspected in her disappearance, though he never confessed to it. I doubt that she is Eklutna Annie, as she is much taller and went missing five years prior to EA's discovery. EA was thought to have been dead for only a year prior to her discovery.

Besides, if she was considered a possible victim, they had to have checked her out against EA. Right???

This woman was added yesterday to NamUs:

Mary Kathleen Thill

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/16958/0

If you google her name, it looks like Hansen was suspected in her disappearance, though he never confessed to it. I doubt that she is Eklutna Annie, as she is much taller and went missing five years prior to EA's discovery. EA was thought to have been dead for only a year prior to her discovery.

Besides, if she was considered a possible victim, they had to have checked her out against EA. Right???

NamUs added a photo of Mary Thill today. Its not very clear but she does resemble Eklutna Annie (but many missing women resemble the reconstruction, unfortunately) --
2267595790045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
311UFAK.jpg

I'm not sure why her photo is sideways. I thought that she could definitely be a victim of Robert Hansen, even if she isn't Eklutna Annie. I wanted to know more about the bakery that her friend dropped her off at (especially because Robert Hansen was a baker).

I'm not so sure about LE checking her out against EA, even though she is considered a possible victim because when I asked recently if Megan Siobhan Emerick had been checked against EA, it is my understanding that she hasn't been until now and now they are going to see if it is a possibility. I had expected that they would have compared the two when they found EA and would to tell me that there was no match -- not exactly what happened.

I would be shocked if someone didn't check out eklutna Annie as Emerick at the time Annie was found. Perhaps it wasn't documented. Although, i supposed since Emerick went missing in Seward it would be assumed her body would be closer to that area than anchorage.

I have a friend who worked with Hansen at the bakery. (I think it was a donut shop) if you want location, let me know.

In mid-July, I e-mailed and asked if Eklutna Annie could be Megan Siobhan Emerick or Andria Ann Bailey. Recently, I received an e-mail from Stephanie Johnson of the Alaska Bureau of Investigation stating (in part) --

The unit I work in, the Missing Persons Clearinghouse, has been with working with other agencies and the families to obtain enough forensic information to get an accurate comparison between Megan, Andria and Eklutna Annie. This is still in progress but hopefully we will have some information soon. I would be happy to contact you once we have an answer one way or another.

I decided to submit Theresa Davis, when I did I also mentioned the other girls.

According to the case manager she had never heard of Karen Evan. Looking at the two of them, the recon doesn't look much like her but the circumstances, age, and height match really well. According to NamUs EA died sometime in 1979 or 1980.

Karen Dean Evan
evan_karen.jpg
311UFAK.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/evan_karen.html
She is from Alaska, and aside from her Native American ethnicity, she fits the physical description, but she probably had not been missing long enough to fit the estimated 1-year postmortem interval.

From what I've heard, they don't have any identifiers yet on Karen Evan and haven't been able to rule her out. But apparently, the dentals are "coming".

Elaine Kwiatkowski

5'3
Missing since 1976
(Location is far from UID)
Not much on Namus about her, just submitted in 2012.

Her hair looks reddish to me.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 174
Elaine was lost in the ocean in a boating accident. Her brother's remains were recovered shortly after the incident, and the skeletal remains of her friend, Jana Coonan, were recently ID'd.

It is very unlikely, that she would end up in Alaska.

Elaine was lost in the ocean in a boating accident. Her brother's remains were recovered shortly after the incident, and the skeletal remains of her friend, Jana Coonan, were recently ID'd.

It is very unlikely, that she would end up in Alaska.

Why doesn't NAMUS list that? (Not doubting you at all, Just seen the article you posted). Guess next time I wont just rely on Namus :twocents:

Sorry about that guys :facepalm:

Usually when looking up missing persons I first look at their Charley to see the circumstances (Because Charley Project does a fantastic job of finding the circumstances that they were last seen) and then I search them in Namus to see if they have their DNA or dentals available.

Usually when looking up missing persons I first look at their Charley to see the circumstances (Because Charley Project does a fantastic job of finding the circumstances that they were last seen) and then I search them in Namus to see if they have their DNA or dentals available.

That's a good idea, thank you. Will definitely help me from jumping to conclusion.

Thanks

When I first looked at this Jane Doe, the jewelry made me think of Simone Stephanie Ridinger, who was last seen in Massachusetts in late 1977, but I didn't follow up because she doesn't look anything like the old recon. She does, however, look quite a lot like the new recon. See attachment.

She was 17 when she was last seen, and would have been about 19 at the time of Annie's murder, which is in range. At 5'2" her height is in range. There's nothing to indicate Ridinger died when she disappeared, and she had plenty of time to get across the country.

Ridinger has DNA in the system so it's likely a ruleout by default, though.

Attachments

• Ridinger with Eklutna JD.png
    Ridinger with Eklutna JD.png
    200.8 KB · Views: 199
When I first looked at this Jane Doe, the jewelry made me think of Simone Stephanie Ridinger, who was last seen in Massachusetts in late 1977, but I didn't follow up because she doesn't look anything like the old recon. She does, however, look quite a lot like the new recon. See attachment.

She was 17 when she was last seen, and would have been about 19 at the time of Annie's murder, which is in range. At 5'2" her height is in range. There's nothing to indicate Ridinger died when she disappeared, and she had plenty of time to get across the country.

this reconstruction does look vastly different, doesnt it? I agree that Simone resembles this new recon of Eklutna Annie, and the jewelry seems to fit her personal style.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/ridinger_simone.html

Here is Simone's CP profile. Interesting tidbit about the elderly man who came forward as having given Simone a lift at the request of a state trooper.

Do you suppose that was normal practice back then? After the tip came in, I wonder if investigators asked around to any troopers to see if they remember sending a young girl off in a car with an elderly gentleman. But with nearly 10 years between the event and the tip, it could have been a dead end.

Circumstances would suggest that this likely isn't our UID, but I think the new reconstruction looks like Elaine Robertson missing from Seattle, Washington. I think her height is off too. Timing isn't off though. She went missing in the spring of 1979.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

this reconstruction does look vastly different, doesnt it? I agree that Simone resembles this new recon of Eklutna Annie, and the jewelry seems to fit her personal style.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/ridinger_simone.html

Here is Simone's CP profile. Interesting tidbit about the elderly man who came forward as having given Simone a lift at the request of a state trooper.

Do you suppose that was normal practice back then? After the tip came in, I wonder if investigators asked around to any troopers to see if they remember sending a young girl off in a car with an elderly gentleman. But with nearly 10 years between the event and the tip, it could have been a dead end.

Yes, that stuff was all followed up on. It seems that everything that LE could possibly have done was done. They put out another general appeal for anybody else who might have seen her to come forward, as well. She's from a place near where we live and her story is brought out in the media every couple of years. The elderly gentleman saw one of those and came forward.

There have always been rumors in this part of the state about a trooper or Boston cop who was involved many of the unsolved local disappearances and murders, and the rumors had been attached to Ridinger even before the elderly man came forward. There was something going on in her private life, too, that has never been made public.

One of the things that has intrigued me about the elderly gentleman's story that has intrigued me all along is that the Hyannis rotary, where he dropped her off, is across the highway from the Hyannis airport, which has flights to (among other places) NYC. She could have gone anywhere in the world.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back