AK AK - Anchorage, 'Eklutna Annie' WhtFem 311UFAK, 16-23, unique jewelry, Jul'80

Hello. I am new to posting here (although not to reading the boards) so forgive me if this has been ruled out or if I've made a mistake in any way, but recently been reading about the case of this poor girl and I wondered if anyone had considered Kerry Graham as a potential match?

From http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/graham_kerry.html

She was 16 years old at time of disappearance, 4ft11, blonde/red hair (could have been longer than the photos indicate), wore multiple jewellery items including a "watch with a chain bracelet" which seems to match the item shown amongst Eklutna Annie's possessions. She also smoked and matches were found in Annie's pocket. Kerry is believed to have run away in December 1979. Could she have ended up in Alaska in that time period?

Well, they think Annie could have come from California, so that fits. The multiple bracelets could fit. December 1979 to July 1980 makes the timeline a bit tight. Pretty good resemblance.

Attachments

• eklutna annie and kerry graham.png
    eklutna annie and kerry graham.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 163
https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2006017399&id=26

"Mary Frances GREGORY left her home in Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada on February 18, 1978 to vacation in California. She failed to arrive at her destination in Palo Alto, California and has not contacted any family members or friends since. GREGORY is believed to have departed Canada by motor vehicle with a male acquaintance who states that he let her off at a bus station in Las Vegas, Nevada some ten days after leaving Canada. The driver claims to have driven to Nevada via the States of New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona. "

Attachments

• eannie.jpg
    eannie.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 156
Well, they think Annie could have come from California, so that fits. The multiple bracelets could fit. December 1979 to July 1980 makes the timeline a bit tight. Pretty good resemblance.

Thank you for the pictures. The one of Kerry Graham was from when she was 14. There appears to have been a later picture, (2nd - black & white one on this search) which I think has a stronger resemblance to the earlier reconstruction, but it's not great quality.

That would be pretty far out of the way for Mary Francis Gregory to end up in Alaska. I think it's much more likely that she's either on the East coast or somewhere in the midwest.

She was last seen in the US, she was traveling through to go to California.

I wish they had better pictures of the jewelry, especially the cuff. I'd love to know if there are any hallmarks on it and what it looks like cleaned up. (looking at where the bezel wire is attached to the cuff can tell a lot about the skill of the jewelry maker, which could help indicate where it was made)

Well that's one less clue we may have to Annie's identity, though I can't say I am sorry he is gone!

Bump. Just came across this UID.

I was wondering, how can we tell if a UID has had their information added to CODIS and how do we tell if a missing person has had their DNA added to CODIS?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

So many options for who this is, I cant believe shes never been identified!
All the people posted look similar so I have no idea lol

I just read that Karen Evan and Teresa Davis were ruled out.

Also I have another question if anyone gets this in the article it says she was originally thought to be Roxanne Easlund, how was that ruled out? I googled it but not much info out there. Was Roxannes body found elsewhere?

Im looking at all the names suggested to see what I think
Angela Meeker - Maybe too young, went missing when she was 13, does match up in that it was exactly a year since she went missing to when the body was found, but still maybe too young at the age guess was 16 - 25

Megan Emerick - Went missing 7 years before the body was found. Fits in the age though as she would have been about 22. From Alaska.
But also her disappearance seems like she was kidnapped and probably killed soon after. Doesnt seem like she would randomly run away for
6 years previous to the year gap where the body was killed/found.

Cynthia Gastelle - Her remains have been found :)

Eileen Hynson - Age fits, 19 when missing, so 21ish when the Doe would have been killed. Right height. From California like the police thought.
The only suspicious thing I see though is she had no reason to vanish if she was on the way to a bridal party dress fitting. She would have to have run off for a couple years before being killed.

Andria Bailey. - The age is right and the time she went missing to when the body was found is right, about a year, Maybe a little tall?
From Washington. Wouldnt rule her out I guess. Closest so far.

Mary Kathleen Thill - Looks alot like the original image.
From Alaska, age would be about right, went missing maybe a couple years too early, Hansen is suspected. Probably a victim of his but maybe not this Jane Doe.

Elaine Kwiatkowski - Yeah, seems like she died in the ocean with the others.

Simone Stephanie Ridinger - Age and missing date seem to fit, possibly a year too early but close, and height matches. And also the note about wearing lots of jewellery. Story is odd, especially about the man who picked her up saying she was in the back of a car. If she was hitchiking around she could have made her way eventually to Alaska, not impossible. Definite possibly.

Elaine Robertson - Dates fit right. Went missing a year before the remains were found. Age is right. But i think definitely too tall. And the details of her disappearance seem to not fit.

Kerry Graham - initial thought was wow, so many similarities! The jewellery, the height, the age, the time she went missing, maybe a bit late as the body was about a year old, red hair, seemed to be a bit of a runaway and the type to start working as a dancer, California,
Says she went missing with a friend 'Francine Marie Trimble' Couldnt find anything on her through google?
I think this one is the best yet. Has anyone sent her info in or heard anything?

Mary Frances Gregory - Seems too far out of the way, more likely is the guy she was travelling with killed her I think. Though height, age and time seem right nothing much else seems to fit
Also seems odd her family believe she suffered memory loss after her disappearance? how on earth would they know that.

So in conclusion my top guesses are definitely Kerry Graham and Andria Bailey and then also possibly throw Simone Ridinger in there

"Also I have another question if anyone gets this in the article it says she was originally thought to be Roxanne Easlund, how was that ruled out? I googled it but not much info out there. Was Roxannes body found elsewhere?"

IIRC, this body was found a month after Roxanne went missing and they determined she had been dead for a year.

I'm not very confident with this suggestion as there isn't a whole lot of information to go off of, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention;

Diane Sue Gilchrist - http://www.nampn.org/cases/gilchrist_diane.html

-Went missing at the age of 14, said to have ran away and never returned.

-Eklutna Annie's age range is 16-25, Diane would be 19 at the time of Eklutna's estimated date of death.

-Diane went missing from Vancouver, WA / It was believed Eklutna was from Washington.

-Diane's hair color is listed as blonde, but it's certainly possible that her hair could have darkened to a light brown over the years.

That's really all I could gather for comparison as there were few details regarding Diane's case. I'll attach a side by side of the two below.

comparison .jpg

Attachments

• comparison .jpg
    comparison .jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 156

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads