AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This quote is disturbing for a lot of reasons, but from what he is saying it sounds like he believes she is being held (and used, ugh, what a horrible image for a father to deal with) by more than one person.

So who, and why, would a group of people be holding her against her will?

In addition, he also says
" I HAVE SET UP EVERY POSSIBLE LINE OF COMMUNICATION TO HELP BOTH HER AND YOU, ANNONYMOUS OR OTHERWISE. I CAN HELP YOU, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR INVOLVEMENT, I WILL SET U FREE WITH WHAT EVER MONIES NEEDED TO GET YOU WHERE YOU NEED TO GO, JUST GET SAMANTHA BACK TO ME SAFELY, I CAN FIX ALIVE, NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS, SHE HAS BEEN HARMED, AND HURT FROM THE BEGINNING, I UNDERSTAND THAT, I CAN WORK WITH THAT, JUST LET MY HEART COME HOME.
http://helpfindsamanthakoenig.com/Forum/index.php?topic=16.msg24#new
What are we to make of that statement?

I'm wondering if an FBI Profiler is giving James advice on what to say, or are these just the words of a desperate Father?

Great points in the posts upstream and I like the way you think sfbaynancydrew.

Ok so playing devil's advocate for a sec. I've read things that TC has posted and even if her son wasn't the most stand up guy, it does seem they've fully cooperated. Now, I can sympathize with JK and him being so torn up, that being said, as the mom of a son, I would be equally as vocal if I KNEW beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was not involved in someone's disappearance. Maybe not as profane as what was displayed, but that again isn't my style. I can't promise it wouldn't happen. She does seem very concerned and I haven't seen any outright anger directly to JK when he talks about CB. Does that make sense? I could be missing something completely, but i'm not feeling like CB is involved. Bottom line, if someone was out rightly accusing my son of a disappearance or anything in the like, I would be really pissed. She's shown some self control by not lashing out directly to people about those rumors.

I said JUST MY GUESS. based off gossip, comments on news articles and her fathers heavily worded statement.

Oh, okay. I think I've read pretty much everything released and I don't see how Sam was involved in the selling or transferring of drugs and I think it was established that the comment on YouTube regarding 70k was likely hogwash based on the other posts of that commenter. MOO

Oh, okay. I think I've read pretty much everything released and I don't see how Sam was involved in the selling or transferring of drugs and I think it was established that the comment on YouTube regarding 70k was likely hogwash based on the other posts of that commenter. MOO

I agree it's premature to say *what* she was involved in without evidence, but I do think it's likely she was using or regularly exposed to drugs (pot). She is shown wearing pro-marijuana attire (bandana) and friends of her father are clearly part of a legalize pot culture. From there it isn't a jump to assume she knowing or unknowingly crossed paths with some unsavory characters who had a different definition of personal use.

I haven't seen any rumors about 70k, nor do I really need to. If someone is owed money, I just hope they get it already and let the poor girl go. Shoot, I'd donate right now if I thought that was the case and would help!

i got the 70k based off the reward money offered up. and I said unknowingly. Walking in on something, or even admitting to the wrong person that she saw two particular people together can get you "in trouble". Her fathers statement is H.U.G.E. to me. The police statement saying the way she greeted the abductor is more than a clue---

they know what they are looking for--they just don't know who or where.

(I would rather it not seem as me "tarnishing" her image. I am merely trying to put the pieces together using MY logic and experience) and even 70k is a small amount of money for an abduction... unless it was 100 pounds of pot. Were there any indoor grow operations busted there recently? A semi truck full of pot recently stopped--exiting the town?

70K isn't a small amount. Even Maura Murray who's been missing since 2004 and is a HIGH profile case is only at 40K. Brittanee Drexel another high profile case from 2009 is only 12k. I'm not saying that the reward money has ANY illegal ties, please don't mistake that. I'm just thinking that's A LOT of money to raise in 19 days. MOO

To capture a screen print you press the key next to F12 which says "Prt Scr" Then you go to "Start" then "Programs" then click on "Accessories" then click on "Paint". The Paint program will open. Click on "Edit" and click on "Paste". This will paste the screen capture on the paint screen. Then click on "File" and click on "Save As" change the file type to "JPEG" and save the screen capture to which ever file you want. Maybe in your pictures.

You can learn more here: Screenshot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or Command + Shift + 4 on a Mac.

sfbaynancydrew: I agree there are likely drugs in her outer (maybe even inner) circle, but I don't think this kidnapping was motivated by drugs. MOO

Is the reward fund up to 70k?! Last time I checked it was 60k, and JK was no longer commenting on the amount.

I don't fault anything this dad does, I would do the same!

sfbaynancydrew: I agree there are likely drugs in her outer (maybe even inner) circle, but I don't think this kidnapping was motivated by drugs. MOO

I get the same gut feeling. It's something more complicated.

no no no , you misunderstood... 70k is a small amount to kidnap someone and hold them for ransom! Thats a FANTASTIC amount for a reward.....and I didn't mean to imply it was drug related. Just that some "business" was or was not completed. and that 70k equals aabout...100 pounds of pot. THIS IS ALL MY OPINION! Her dads statement clearly shows he thinks she is being held alive BECAUSE of something...thats my impression.

and yes it is 70k last time I checked 2 hrs ago...... and donations are coming in by the jarful at coffee houses.

Oh no, I think it's awesome he could raise that amount. I wish ALL cases could get that much financial backing. Michelle Parker, and the likes.

Oh no, I think it's awesome he could raise that amount. I wish ALL cases could get that much financial backing. Michelle Parker, and the likes.

there isn't video of them being snatched... THIS case SHOULD be solvable.

no no no , you misunderstood... 70k is a small amount to kidnap someone and hold them for ransom! Thats a FANTASTIC amount for a reward.....and I didn't mean to imply it was drug related. Just that some "business" was or was not completed. and that 70k equals aabout...100 pounds of pot. THIS IS ALL MY OPINION! Her dads statement clearly shows he thinks she is being held alive BECAUSE of something...thats my impression.

and yes it is 70k last time I checked 2 hrs ago...... and donations are coming in by the jarful at coffee houses.

Oh, totally a small amount to go to such risk! I hope she's alive, with all my heart. Although (a confession) sometimes I hope there was an early and quick death...

I think this abduction is much bigger than we are guessing. MOO

Oh, totally a small amount to go to such risk! I hope she's alive, with all my heart. Although (a confession) sometimes I hope there was an early and quick death...

I think this abduction is much bigger than we are guessing. MOO

I've read there are key motivations for murder ... love/sex, money, revenge and mental illness.

Which category does this fit into?

If anyone here followed Victoria Stafford's case, they might see some similarities, the undercurrent of the possible background of Sam's father, the biker stuff, possible drug/gang stuff. It may all be just a big red herring.

I could be totally way off, but, I truly feel this was a random, stranger abduction. :( MOO

I've read there are key motivations for murder ... love/sex, money, revenge and mental illness.

Which category does this fit into?

None of the above, I'm still hopeful there's been no murder :eek:)

I agree, the statement that her father made REALLY leads me to believe she is being held, and I usually don't have that feeling. Just my 2cents. I do not think she is dead as of right this moment.

What the heck? Is this a slam on Sam's reward fund?

Yeah, wow, interesting timing for that story, eh? I'm sort of in agreement, it's quite the pickle not knowing (in this case especially) what exactly that money is for. MOO. That said, no price is too high to save a life.

Why don't we hear much about Sam's mother? What is the reason for James obtaining custody when Sam was 2? Isn't it hard to take a child away from their birth mother? Is there a record of some sort or was she just trying to get her act together for the past 16 years? Did she maybe just allow James to have custody bc she might have thought he was in a better position that she was at the time? I'm really confused.

I, too, am constantly asking myself the reason(s) for James' having custody of Sam instead of birth mother, in the light that mothers are usually the one to have custody.

Where are all Sam's brothers and sisters? Whom do they live with?

Do we know?

Maybe this information is kept out of MSM for their own protection considering what has happened with Sam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420