AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that the morning barista could have easily mistaken that SK's stuff was left at the coffee hut. We were all constantly leaving things at work, hoodies in case it got cold (or that would just get forgotten) bags with extra chapstick, magazines, etc. The opening barista could have just mistook some things that weren't her everyday purse or jacket.

dillysmom11, I am an information broker. I am currently working on becoming verified. I will send the email tomorrow.

May be a silly question, but......... WTH is an information broker??

TxLady2, I would tell you to Google it but I'll save you the trouble.

Simply put, an information broker is someone who is in the business of information. I sell and buy it. There is no real limit to what kind of information an information broker deals in, though most have their specialties. I have dealt in cases ranging from competitive intelligence to locating and keeping tabs on high profile mafia members.
Hope that answers your question in a satisfactory manner.

Hate to double post but has anyone seen the amount of activity the Turnagain neighborhood has been having? Interesting to note, when asked if it had to do with the SK case ML replied, "I cannot confirm or deny that. I honestly don't know."

There could be no connection at all but I thought it was intriguing.

The blue-and-white vehicle was parked in front of a blue house on Spurr Lane as police moved in and out of the building, taking pictures of the structure and the neighborhood.

Investigators on the scene were tight-lipped about why they were there, or what they were looking for.

Short article, but does mention Samantha: http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Major-Crime-Scene-Vehicle-Investigates-142584066.html

Oops, I see it was already posted up thread. My apologies.

This is my first post here, but I've been reading for awhile! I live in Anchorage, and used to work as a barista for several years. I had this idea , it may seem small, but I'm curious about it. I believe I read somewhere that she was making some drinks when this all went down, I believe it was in reference to the mess that was found in the morning. I wonder what those drinks were. As a barista I knew what all the regular customers drank (as far as espresso goes) because its really consistent. If she was making drinks, was it what she and Duane usually drank because she was expecting to leave with him? Or if she was expecting someone else, she may have been making a drink for them. If she spotted a regular walking (or maybe even driving in the parking lot) she may have started to make thief specific drink. I would make regulars drinks even before they got to the window so it'd be ready for them. Just a thought, had been wondering about it, especially with people wondering if it could've been a regular customer. Also if she wasn't making a drink for Duane maybe she was expecting someone else.

This is an excellent point. If the morning Barista or the owners would have known Sam was missing they could have kept the cups, perhaps found-out the ingredients, and LE could have tried for DNA on the cup edges or top opening. Does the computer log the exact types of coffee sold, or just a general description? It's been a long time since I worked in the bar business, back then we rung drinks up as "rail", "call" or "top shelf", not the specific type.

The problem is that Sam was not reported missing until 1 pm. If I were opening the coffee house and saw coffee cups on the counter and a "mess" I would have dumped the coffee and cleaned up before my shift started. Perhaps LE was able to retrieve the cups from the trash and has tested them for DNA or fingerprints.

I have not seen in MSM an explanation of why Sam wasn't reported missing until the following afternoon. If my teenage daughter wasn't at work waiting for her ride and never called or text me, I would report her missing ASAP.

This is an excellent point. If the morning Barista or the owners would have known Sam was missing they could have kept the cups, perhaps found-out the ingredients, and LE could have tried for DNA on the cup edges or top opening. Does the computer log the exact types of coffee sold, or just a general description? It's been a long time since I worked in the bar business, back then we rung drinks up as "rail", "call" or "top shelf", not the specific type.

The problem is that Sam was not reported missing until 1 pm. If I were opening the coffee house and saw coffee cups on the counter and a "mess" I would have dumped the coffee and cleaned up before my shift started. Perhaps LE was able to retrieve the cups from the trash and has tested them for DNA or fingerprints.

I have not seen in MSM an explanation of why Sam wasn't reported missing until the following afternoon. If my teenage daughter wasn't at work waiting for her ride and never called or text me, I would report her missing ASAP.

That still bothers me. Her bf reportedly spoke to her minutes before her abduction, and she was waiting for his arrival. So why wasn't he worried that she was not there at the time? He had her truck---where did he think she went. Once he found out that her dad didn't pick her up, and she never arrived home---then what? It was winter time in Alaska. She wasn't out and about. Where did he think she went? Why didn't he or her dad call it in?

Going by the non-reporting by her father and boyfriend on that night, it would seem that Samantha was not one who came home regularly at night...this may not be true, but it sure makes it seem that way.

Even if they don't still have the cups, they have the video footage....and let's say she made a 12 oz coconut latte with an extra shot, that might be a regulars drink, or a friends, that other friends might be aware of! It may mean something to other baristas that work there, or even to SK's friends, at least it might give a clue as to what her plans were...

Going by the non-reporting by her father and boyfriend on that night, it would seem that Samantha was not one who came home regularly at night...this may not be true, but it sure makes it seem that way.

I REALLY wish they would have asked about this at the press conference...

I REALLY wish they would have asked about this at the press conference...

I noticed there were many edits (stops & starts) in that interview. That lead me to believe he refused to answer some questions.

The events of that night, or even the events of the days/weeks leading up to Sam's disappearance have never been discussed. People have asked "why wasn't Sam reported missing that night", both on the Missing FB Page and the Forum they set up. The posts are either ignored or deleted.

Strange, considering everything a missing person does in the 24-48 hours prior to going missing, is considered very important.

Many things in this case just don't add up
icon9.gif

Arrest Made in Koenig Abduction

By Kirsten Swann
Bio | Email

Story Created: Mar 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM AKDT

Anchorage police have confirmed a man arrested in South Texas is connected with the abduction of 18-year-old Samantha Koenig a month-and-a-half ago.

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Arrest-Made-in-Koenig-Abduction-142864535.html

FBI agents, Texas Rangers and Department of Public Safety investigators said there was enough evidence in Keyes’ white car to connect him with an out-of-state kidnapping.

Oh dear. This looks bad for Samantha.

OMG! Never thought this could be solved. Hopefully she's still alive.

The arrest article linked doesn't indicate whether Keyes resides in Texas part of the year or was just caught there. LE must have found clues on how/where to find him during the recent search of his Anchorage home, IMO.

I hope Sam's alive and someone else is keeping her.

Israel Keys, a 34-year-old construction contractor who worked under the company moniker Keyes Construction, was arrested in Lufkin on Tuesday. A joint effort between the Anchorage Police Department, the FBI and Texas law enforcement led to Keyes' arrest, the details of which were not immediately available as police said the federal arrest warrant is sealed.

Texas news station KTRE reported that Keyes was arrested in the parking lot of a restaurant after a traffic stop, where a Texas state trooper discovered there was an out-of-state bulletin on Keyes. Police searched the car and "found enough evidence in the vehicle to arrest the driver for suspected kidnapping," KTRE reported.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/person-interest-arrested-samantha-koenig-abduction-case

also from this link:

"We are seeking information from any and all individuals who have had personal contact with Israel Keyes since January 1, 2012, as well as information from anyone who has had any contact with him in the past through his business, Keyes Construction. People with information are asked to call the following number: 1-800-225-5324 OR 1-800-CALL-FBI."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member