AK AK - Scott, 13, & Amy Fandel, 8, Sterling, 5 Sept 1978

It was a trailer - how hard can it be to go look for them? Moooooo of course!

Wow has sad they havent been found. I sure hope something comes up soon so the family can know.

I've often thought about the remarks made by Blueclouds and wondered if that info was credible.

I've often thought about the remarks made by Blueclouds and wondered if that info was credible.
I know, I was wishing they were still here in the hope that we might glean more from them then a vague warning.

Me too - seems credible enough. There wasnt really much crying out 'attention seeker' to me in their post!

Me too - seems credible enough. There wasnt really much crying out 'attention seeker' to me in their post!
That seems true enough but I believe this person was gone before I came around and I never got to see them in action. If previous postings elsewhere or a known history showed some exaggeration or whatever, that would be interesting to know. Earlier in this thread there was a website set up by one side of the family, which I saw before it was taken down (might still be found through Google cache) and I wouldn't be surprised if Blueclouds' postings were true if what I saw on that site was even halfway accurate.

Reading through all this, I think that in that case - unlike most other cases where a boy and a girl disappeare together- the boy was the main target and that the poor, little girl just saw too much and was silenced.

I am Terry Schonfelder an uncle of Scott and Amy Fandel.

Their disappearance has broken the hearts of many in my family. Mostly my sister and my mother who died not long ago, she took care of Scott as a baby. It was always my wish to solve this before she died, but it was not to be so.

One night my Mother told me that she was lying in bed and heard the sound of a motorcycle in her room. She woke. Standing at the foot of her bed was a figure in a motorcycle helmet. He said; "It's Ok, grandma, it's Ok. and vanished. She said she thought it was Scott and asked me not to tell anyone else because they might think she was crazy. It broke my heart to hear her at night moaning in her sleep.

This may be over a cocaine deal gone bad. I was called and threatened after I returned from a trip to Ak. to look into this case. What a strange story that turned out to be.

Comments in were made in Las Vegas by someone implicating himself. A relative of the father mentioned having a sister named Amy years after the disappearance. So Amy may have surfaced but it was never confirmed by law enforcement.

They were beautiful and smart children and deserved to live a full and happy life. Anyone having hurt those children will answer to their God, if not in this life in the next.

Contact me if you wish to help.

I am assuming that we are not to name names of suspects here, I that right?

Terry

I am Terry Schonfelder an uncle of Scott and Amy Fandel.

Their disappearance has broken the hearts of many in my family. Mostly my sister and my mother who died not long ago, she took care of Scott as a baby. It was always my wish to solve this before she died, but it was not to be so.

One night my Mother told me that she was lying in bed and heard the sound of a motorcycle in her room. She woke. Standing at the foot of her bed was a figure in a motorcycle helmet. He said; "It's Ok, grandma, it's Ok. and vanished. She said she thought it was Scott and asked me not to tell anyone else because they might think she was crazy. It broke my heart to hear her at night moaning in her sleep.

This may be over a cocaine deal gone bad. I was called and threatened after I returned from a trip to Ak. to look into this case. What a strange story that turned out to be.

Comments in were made in Las Vegas by someone implicating himself. A relative of the father mentioned having a sister named Amy years after the disappearance. So Amy may have surfaced but it was never confirmed by law enforcement.

They were beautiful and smart children and deserved to live a full and happy life. Anyone having hurt those children will answer to their God, if not in this life in the next.

Contact me if you wish to help.

I am assuming that we are not to name names of suspects here, I that right?

Terry

Oh Terry, I am soooo happy to see you posting here!!! I have actually wanted to contact you for a long time and invite you to come here...there are many, many, many wonderful people here who I know would love to jump on board and help you and your sister find out what happened to Scott and Amy. I am going to send you some information in the morning so please check your private messages. Welcome to Websleuths, I'm glad you are here.

KT,

Thank you for responding to my post. And I thank all of the members who have an interest in this case and have helped to keep it alive. It has been over 30 years and not much has happened to resolve this case since. Lots of theories, that's about it. I would be willing to share what information I have with interested parties. My previous e-mail address was banned, so I will be somewhat cautious until I find out why.

This case will be solved only if someone talks, but after 30 years that seems unlikely. It appears that Amy is alive but will not come forward for reasons known only to herself, she knows we are looking for her. It has been speculated that Scott was hurt and that is why she hasn't tried to contact her mother. The father has never tried to help my family in any way, in fact, he threatened me after I returned from Alaska. I went to California and spoke with his father he turned me away. So he is at the top of the suspect list for me.

I searched the web for years and have found most of the Fandels out there. There are two that are interesting but ultimately it is up to law enforcement to investigate, they have the tools and the resources that I do not have. But do they care any more? I don't think so. I was involved with the NCMEC for years but they were told not to talk to me. I have approached the media, but they would not pick it up. Alaska might as well be a foreign country to them I guess. My hopes have been raised many times only to be dashed, so I am wary, as I think you can understand.

It hurts me to think someone may have harmed them, the cruelty of it makes me shake my head in disbelief. But they are out there, aren't they? A friend of mine told me to put this into the hands of God, well, I have prayed about this for 30 years with no resolution. I do not understand why my prayers weren't answered. But I still have my faith, a little torn and tattered but it is still serviceable.

All I can say to everyone is protect your children, be vigilant and may God have mercy on you and your family. There are demons out there and they don't always have horns and a pitchfork.

What sort of mom goes to the bars, then drops her kids off at home in the middle of the night, and then not only comes back home at 3am, but amazingly, fails to check on her kids the morning afterward?

Sorry, but something is not quite right with the mother's story.

I am assuming she was just trusting and naieve (sp) perhaps. Safe rural area and it was a different time. Not condoning her actions but I don't feel like she intened for things to go so wrong.

I'm sure the mother didn't intend for things to turn out badly, but I've always been shocked by her story, too. Who comes home in the middle of the night, sees food cooking on the stove, and doesn't bother to check her kids? My older two are 18 and 14 and stay home alone all the time, but you can bet that if I came home to cooking food or a stove that was on and they weren't around, I'd look into it right away.

I would love to read more about this case. I am interested in any of the old original articles from the AK newspaper and any information you would be willing to share. I do have knowledge about this horrible crime and would like to know if my facts are correct.

I would love to read more about this case. I am interested in any of the old original articles from the AK newspaper and any information you would be willing to share. I do have knowledge about this horrible crime and would like to know if my facts are correct.

I don't know any more than what is out there on the internet. I'd like to know if the Luptons were interviewed by police, and if it's possible they know anything. They were the neighbors in this isolated, rural area, and apparently they were close enough that the kids could walk back and forth. Maybe there was a visitor at the Luptons who met the kids, heard that they were home alone, saw an opportunity when they left, and took it?

Yes, I would like to know about the Lupton's and I also wonder about someone in the bar where Margaret worked. Do you know if there were any "named" suspects other than the father? I think that the house was staged, the blood, bullet casing, the lights being on then turned off, but the stove was left on and boiling water,no sign of a struggle??. I think it was family related. I haven't been able to find any of the original articles online?? What do you think? Do you still think the mother's story is a little off?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back