AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
the article from wkrg states her uncles last name is the same as her last name?

No, T4 is right. Look at WWH's page, it is being discussed there.

I hope this is okay to post. I live close to Styx River and also close to where Brittney's uncle lived. Baldwin County isn't a huge county. I'm not sure how long DW had lived in Baldwin County but I did find what I believe to be his arrest record in THIS county. It would not show his arrests from Mobile County, where he may have lived before moving here. Many, many people start off in Mobile County and eventually transition to Baldwin County.

Has anyone seen his picture, dob, etc so that I know I'm looking at the right guy? Thanks!

There is a pic of him on WWH's page.

Yes, his record is on the Baldwin County Jail View website. Nothing major. I am totally confused as to why the news MSM is reporting his name as Woods, not Wood, and then on FB it's obvious that his last name is in fact Holland...? Also, in an article linked upthread it was stated that he was found at his home near Fairhope. I took that to mean the next town over (possibly Montrose, Pt Clear, or Daphne), not Stockton. His arrest record lists his address in Stockton, which is closer to the Styx River location than Fairhope.

Many of the reports state that the uncle "returned home on Friday." Home from where? Where was he?

I assume he is an uncle by marriage. Brittney is a Wood, who has an aunt with the maiden name Wood, who was married to DH.

Many of the reports state that the uncle "returned home on Friday." Home from where? Where was he?

From reading over the FB pages, I think he worked in one place, and resided in another? There was mention of staying in Wilcox?

From reading over the FB pages, I think he worked in one place, and resided in another? There was mention of staying in Wilcox?

By Wilcox, I believe they're referring to the Wilcox Rd exit off I-10. That would be Robertsdale or Stockton, depending on which side they were on.

Comments on WH's FB are interesting. It's not MSM but it does kind of help you read between the lines on some things.

Thanks. So, that would mean that if Brittany went to his house on Thursday, he wasn't even there. Why would she do that? Unless she actually went to see him where he worked. If not, he would have found her at his house when he returned home on Friday. What did he find?

This is baffling. Logic says he did something to harm her. I'm thinking drugs. Maybe she knew there would be drugs at his house and she OD'd, leaving him to find her when he got home. But then why remove her from there if he was going to commit suicide? What would be the point of hiding her?

Jeez! Sorry guys - just thinking out loud.

I have seen a couple of mentions of Brittany taking off to Texas ... who knows if that is true or not.

Besides the personal FB Pages, there is also discussion going on here
https://www.facebook.com/WKRG.News.5/posts/423160057704265

One relative is insisting Brittany was seen by someone after the Uncle was in the hospital ICU, FWIW.

According to WKRG News at 5:00, the Klass Foundation has volunteered to help!
The step mother was interviewed. She said after spending hours looking in the woods near Wilcox Exit, they gave up around noon today. She said it was very frustrating, and they need help looking from an organization to find her.

Not posted for review on http://www2.wkrg.com/ as of yet.

The step mother was interviewed. She said after spending hours looking in the woods near Wilcox Exit, they gave up around noon today. She said it was very frustrating, and they need help looking from an organization to find her.

That's great that the Klaas Foundation is coming in! It concerns me that they "gave up" after looking for a few hours. I just don't think I could give up if it was one of my loved ones, but I imagine they are all incredibly drained from stress.

Thanks. So, that would mean that if Brittany went to his house on Thursday, he wasn't even there. Why would she do that? Unless she actually went to see him where he worked. If not, he would have found her at his house when he returned home on Friday. What did he find?

This is baffling. Logic says he did something to harm her. I'm thinking drugs. Maybe she knew there would be drugs at his house and she OD'd, leaving him to find her when he got home. But then why remove her from there if he was going to commit suicide? What would be the point of hiding her?

Jeez! Sorry guys - just thinking out loud.

Actually, I read on WWH's FB that DH had told Brittney he wasn't at home, and that he was staying at the other residence, so she would have known to go there.

Good news!!!

Actually, I read on WWH's FB that DH had told Brittney he wasn't at home, and that he was staying at the other residence, so she would have known to go there.

That whole discussion was a little convoluted. Didn't she also say she and the boys were with him Thursday night? I have to go back and read.

Is it possible that the uncle did not shoot himself?

Still not completely clear on this, but it appears he was at the Styx River Location. Left there and went to his home which is 40 miles away and shot himself.

Is the Styx River location a second home or cabin? Anyone know why he was there? Were his wife and kids home when he shot himself?

Perhaps she told her family she was going to see him, knowing he wasn't there, intending to meet someone else at that location.

Still not completely clear on this, but it appears he was at the Styx River Location. Left there and went to his home which is 40 miles away and shot himself.

Is the Styx River location a second home or cabin? Anyone know why he was there? Were his wife and kids home when he shot himself?

Ya. It's not clear for me, either. So the young woman was on her way to see him at his home. But he told her he was at this place on the river. So she went there on Thursday. He left on Friday. He died from being shot. Is that all accurate? I can't imagine her shooting him. But I could imagine someone else shooting him and fleeing with her. I'm just trying to piece together whether that could have happened.

Very disturbing. I wish we knew more about this uncle...did he have a history of drug abuse problems...or mental illness? How about emotional problems?

I'm assuming the uncle didn't leave a note or any type of message before his suicide. What a terrible situation for this family. God bless them.

I think the big question is Why Did She Go to see her Uncle?
Could she have told him something that would make him kill himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels