AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen a couple of mentions of Brittany taking off to Texas ... who knows if that is true or not.

Besides the personal FB Pages, there is also discussion going on here
https://www.facebook.com/WKRG.News.5/posts/423160057704265

One relative is insisting Brittany was seen by someone after the Uncle was in the hospital ICU, FWIW.

This is so sad!
The Uncle sounds like he was a really nice guy! Im reading his wifes FB she had to take him off life support. His Fb has all pics of his grand kids and kids.
How very sad....I dont think he shot himself!

That whole discussion was a little convoluted. Didn't she also say she and the boys were with him Thursday night? I have to go back and read.

Thats what she said!

I hope this is okay to post. I live close to Styx River and also close to where Brittney's uncle lived. Baldwin County isn't a huge county. I'm not sure how long DW had lived in Baldwin County but I did find what I believe to be his arrest record in THIS county. It would not show his arrests from Mobile County, where he may have lived before moving here. Many, many people start off in Mobile County and eventually transition to Baldwin County.

Has anyone seen his picture, dob, etc so that I know I'm looking at the right guy? Thanks!

His name is Don Holland his wifes maiden name is Wood.

How did she get there?

That's the million $$$ question as I understand it. She left her family's house on foot, the house in Styx river is 40 miles away.

Ya. It's not clear for me, either. So the young woman was on her way to see him at his home. But he told her he was at this place on the river. So she went there on Thursday. He left on Friday. He died from being shot. Is that all accurate? I can't imagine her shooting him. But I could imagine someone else shooting him and fleeing with her. I'm just trying to piece together whether that could have happened.

Her phone supposedly pinged at 12:05 AM on Friday from the Styx River location. To my knowledge there is no doubt he was there at the house.

I don't think she could have shot him. He came home Friday (40 miles away) and shot himself in the head at his own home. No fleeing, imo when you are shot in the head. Sorry to be so graphic, no disrespect to MH or his loved ones intended.

According to some comments, MH was having problems. A few did not seem to be surprised he took his own life. This may all be one terrible coincidence, but until Brittany is located I think the speculation will be rampant.

Praying for Brittney to come home....

In one of her posts on FB she talks about cloud nine & being so wasted. Just learned about bath salts on another thread, apparently they cause suicidal tendencies. If she harmed herself & the uncle found her/ was taking drugs with her, after reading about his problems on his & his wifes FB page, the suicide makes a little more sense. So sad, praying for his families peace & for Brittney to be found! I really don't think he harmed her, JMO.

If you read the comment section from the facebook news page the family has posted on there that she was seen after the uncle shot himself and was in the hospital, his daughter, wife and other relatives have posted there. It was also mentioned that she may have gone to Texas, the comment section says alot!

Bumping up for Brittney!

I hope we learn more about her location soon.

who is taking care of her child?

This is my first ever post on WebSleuths. Hope I'm doing this right!

This story is getting stranger by the minute. I live in this area of Alabama. Fairhope, AL in fact. Fairhope is where "Uncle Donnie" lived and committed suicide.

I wanted to enlighten sleuths on Wilcox road/Styx River/Tillman'sCorner/Fairhope. The Wilcox road exit off of interstate 10 is one of the places to get to a "Styx River." MANY people from Fairhope and other cities own second homes, "river homes," in this area. There are many rivers around this area. "Second homes/cottages" on all of them.

Tillman's Corner is in west Mobile, Alabama. (Mobile County) Mobile Bay is to the east of Mobile, AL. Once you cross a bridge, going east, over the bay you enter "Baldwin County," ie: "The Eastern Shore." Fairhope, Styx River, Wilcox Road, etc are in Baldwin County.

The home that "Uncle Donnie" owned is just off the Wilcox Road exit going east on Interstate 10. The house is on "Waterworld Road." There's a very small water park on that road named "Waterwolrd." Hence the name of the road.

Hi all! Popping over here from Mickey's thread. I only came to WS for Mickey b/c I'm a local/volunteer, and then we heard about Jaren and Brittney and then the torso that turned out to be Jaren's...I'm caught up on reading about Jaren so I decided to come check out Brittney's story.

Things definitely get confusing when people log onto other people's FB and post using that person's name!

I hope this girl is found safe.

I agree... the Facebook posts are so confusing!

I am curious why we are not seeing more news about Brittney in MSM?:waitasec:

JieGako,

Welcome to Websleuths! Thanks for clearing up the locations. I'm a local also (Loxley) and was trying to do so but wasn't sure how clear I was being.

I'm so bothered by the fact that this case isn't getting much attention. There's just not a lot to go on that has actually been made public in MSM.

Also, just fyi, I'm fairly new at posting but I don't think we are allowed to post comments from Facebook.

There is definitely an interesting family dynamic here. It breaks my heart that I'm seeing so much bickering within the family and so little searches, appealing for media attention, etc.

We definitely aren't supposed to post Facebook comments, and I'm sure we're not supposed to sleuth people who aren't the victims.

JieGako,

Welcome to Websleuths! Thanks for clearing up the locations. I'm a local also (Loxley) and was trying to do so but wasn't sure how clear I was being.

I'm so bothered by the fact that this case isn't getting much attention. There's just not a lot to go on that has actually been made public in MSM.

Also, just fyi, I'm fairly new at posting but I don't think we are allowed to post comments from Facebook.

There is definitely an interesting family dynamic here. It breaks my heart that I'm seeing so much bickering within the family and so little searches, appealing for media attention, etc.

OH NO! I didn't know that! Even when the accounts are wide open? OMGosh..... I didn't know. THANK YOU!

This is my first ever post on WebSleuths. Hope I'm doing this right!

This story is getting stranger by the minute. I live in this area of Alabama. Fairhope, AL in fact. Fairhope is where "Uncle Donnie" lived and committed suicide.

I wanted to enlighten sleuths on Wilcox road/Styx River/Tillman'sCorner/Fairhope. The Wilcox road exit off of interstate 10 is one of the places to get to a "Styx River." MANY people from Fairhope and other cities own second homes, "river homes," in this area. There are many rivers around this area. "Second homes/cottages" on all of them.

Tillman's Corner is in west Mobile, Alabama. (Mobile County) Mobile Bay is to the east of Mobile, AL. Once you cross a bridge, going east, over the bay you enter "Baldwin County," ie: "The Eastern Shore." Fairhope, Styx River, Wilcox Road, etc are in Baldwin County.

The home that "Uncle Donnie" owned is just off the Wilcox Road exit going east on Interstate 10. The house is on "Waterworld Road." There's a very small water park on that road named "Waterwolrd." Hence the name of the road.

Just read her facebook page. She is very unemotional when it comes to Brittney IMO She is definitely defending her husband (which you really can't blame her, I suppose), but she is jumping around the true answers. I don't understand why SHE is the one to get all this information either, does not make sense. All sleuths should def. read her page. It is public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels