AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK!!!!!!
Brittney told her family she was going to friends and told the friends she was going to visit Uncle D

I-10 was mentioned as a transportation route from Florida to Cali.

Voice mail can be retrieved from anywhere and any phone with some service plans. Messages are stored on the service provider's server in those cases.

A friend of WWH said Wendy broke BW's "code" to get her messages..Another friend she did not but was trying to do it..So, what "code" is she talking about??

WWH also said that ATT told her the very last call on BW's cell was to her husband at 7p on Weds. nite & then a text right after that to another # which they gave her the last 4 digits but nothing else..This was the LAST activity on her cell.

Now, since when would ATT give this info to anyone other then possibly her parents, especially IF they paid for the phone, or LE!! I am leaning towards NOT believing one word of this!

The uncle's wife (WH) says that she (WH) and their kids stayed at the house with DH that night and that they never saw BW.

However, her phone DID ping in that area around midnight.

sbm

According to WWH "me & the boys stayed with Donnie on Thursday"..Where she doesn't say or if it was over-night but she also said that Donnie told her he told BW he "was staying in Wilcox" but if she could get a ride she could go there meaning the lake house..At some other point WWH says she "dropped off hubby in Wilcox Fri. am, then dropped the kids some place else, & went back to the house to find Donnie had shot himself".

Like I said last night there's many contradictions from WWH so if anyone can make sense of ALL of this please enlighten me!

A friend of WWH said Wendy broke BW's "code" to get her messages..Another friend she did not but was trying to do it..So, what "code" is she talking about??

WWH also said that ATT told her the very last call on BW's cell was to her husband at 7p on Weds. nite & then a text right after that to another # which they gave her the last 4 digits but nothing else..This was the LAST activity on her cell.

Now, since when would ATT give this info to anyone other then possibly her parents, especially IF they paid for the phone, or LE!! I am leaning towards NOT believing one word of this!

I'm assuming she is talking about the pass code to get into her phone. Not sure what type of phone she has but my iPhone has the option to set a "pass code" so not just anyone can get on and see your info (texts,email, ect...)

I grew up in this area (eastern shore/daphne) and just can't get over the fact that she planned to walk this distance which would include over one of the 2 bridges over the bay. Now that it's been said she first went to a friends house I'm curious where that was in location to the Styx house. Did she ever make it to that friends home?

I'm assuming she is talking about the pass code to get into her phone. Not sure what type of phone she has but my iPhone has the option to set a "pass code" so not just anyone can get on and see your info (texts,email, ect...)

I grew up in this area (eastern shore/daphne) and just can't get over the fact that she planned to walk this distance which would include over one of the 2 bridges over the bay. Now that it's been said she first went to a friends house I'm curious where that was in location to the Styx house. Did she ever make it to that friends home?

I was thinking the phone too but IF she never was there & nobody saw her there how could her phone be there? Besides, it's supposed to be missing along with BW.

She was supposedly going to get a ride or hitch there..The latter a disaster waiting to happen! She also supposedly left the house "bare foot". :what:

Don't know anything about the friend, wish I did.

I was thinking the phone too but IF she never was there & nobody saw her there how could her phone be there? Besides, it's supposed to be missing along with BW.

She was supposedly going to get a ride or hitch there..The latter a disaster waiting to happen! She also supposedly left the house "bare foot". :what:

Don't know anything about the friend, wish I did.

That doesn't make sense to me either. She claims not to have seen BW yet she is trying to break the code to her phone? But she doesn't have her phone? Hmm...

Just a few thoughts about what little is known.. I've been following along and along with others am saddened at the lack of media coverage for her case..now there very well could be a reason for that and its info that of course we are not privy to(for example if LE has info that strongly suggests she's alive and purposefully hiding.. just an example and actually one that i personally do not believe) ..

First and foremost for me is a question that IMO is the only thing strongly lending credence to the possibility that WH is being honest when she says BW never made it to the Styx River home..and that DH suicide is truly unrelated...

We know that BW had every intention on going to DH/WH home in Styx River and that BW not only set out on foot, but actually was BAREFOOT when she left out headed 40 miles to her aunt/uncle's home.. we've been told this is not at all unusual for BW to have done and that of course she did not intend to walk the 40mile distance, but rather just set out walking as she was likely attempting to either arrange a ride(via her cell phone) or come upon a ride at some point, as in hitchhiking.. what remains unclear to me is that regarding the hitchhiking was it the norm for her to accept rides from strangers(as in the true sense of hitchhiking) or much different are we talking bout Small town, USA where walking along someone who knew her would be the one to pick her up and give her a ride?? ..kwim? ..cuz those are very very different types of "getting a ride" and I have not yet seen this clarified as to what was atleast the norm for her...her SOP if you will.. IMO that would atleast give us a history to base what her normal procedure was for getting a ride as they have stated was a very regular occurrence for her..

OK.. so back to my point about the one detail that IMO possibly leads away from DH involved.. that detail is where is the person that at some point along the way that BW got a ride from?? ..IMO obviously at some point BW was NO longer walking barefoot on her 40 mile trip to uncles home..who picked her up and dropped at her intended destination, Uncle Donnie's house in Styx River??

Someone drove her there.. she did NOT WALK BAREFOOT there.. so why is this absolutely innocent and totally uninvolved person not coming forward to say, HEY I PICKED HER UP ON INTERSTATE 10 AND DROPPED HER AT A HOUSE SHE SAID WAS HER UNCLES.. period.. end of story.. WHY WOULD NOT THIS PERSON HAVE COME FORWARD? ?

so, ya see my point is this not only was the very first question that I came upon in logistically looking at the sequence of events..but its also a question to my knowledge remains unanswered.. therefore IMO actually "possibly" being a very important detail that would indicate that WH is being honest in her account that BW actually NEVER DID ARRIVE at the home in Styx River..

Just my thoughts and nothing more and am anxious to hear if this question has been answered yet? ..if so its an answer I can mark off my mental checklist.. TIA to anyone who has any info regarding this particular issue:)

Just got caught up on the thread. What a strange case!! I don't know what to think.

Seriously, WHY would the uncle OFF himself so soon after her disappearance? WHY?

And where is Brittany!?

On the theory that the simplest answer is the likeliest, I suspect that something happened between her and her uncle, an altercation or unwanted sexual moves. He killed her (even accidentally), told his wife about it and then killed himself.

That would explain the comments she is making about being with him etc. and seeming to contradict ehrself on things. They might have hid brittney together.

Ok that sounds convoluted but i don't see how she and her uncle's suicide are not connected. Thats taking coincidence to far.

for some reason i dont think THEY THINK she is missing!

It is bizarre. Unless someone witnessed the suicide or there was a note left, LE should be very interested in the whereabouts of a niece who may have an answer to why/what happened.

She is certainly missing whether it is voluntary or not. For LE to just treat it as nothing makes no sense. The suicide itself SHOULD make them worry about her condition/safety for obvious reasons.

:banghead:
Just a few thoughts about what little is known.. I've been following along and along with others am saddened at the lack of media coverage for her case..now there very well could be a reason for that and its info that of course we are not privy to(for example if LE has info that strongly suggests she's alive and purposefully hiding.. just an example and actually one that i personally do not believe) ..

First and foremost for me is a question that IMO is the only thing strongly lending credence to the possibility that WH is being honest when she says BW never made it to the Styx River home..and that DH suicide is truly unrelated...

We know that BW had every intention on going to DH/WH home in Styx River and that BW not only set out on foot, but actually was BAREFOOT when she left out headed 40 miles to her aunt/uncle's home.. we've been told this is not at all unusual for BW to have done and that of course she did not intend to walk the 40mile distance, but rather just set out walking as she was likely attempting to either arrange a ride(via her cell phone) or come upon a ride at some point, as in hitchhiking.. what remains unclear to me is that regarding the hitchhiking was it the norm for her to accept rides from strangers(as in the true sense of hitchhiking) or much different are we talking bout Small town, USA where walking along someone who knew her would be the one to pick her up and give her a ride?? ..kwim? ..cuz those are very very different types of "getting a ride" and I have not yet seen this clarified as to what was atleast the norm for her...her SOP if you will.. IMO that would atleast give us a history to base what her normal procedure was for getting a ride as they have stated was a very regular occurrence for her..

OK.. so back to my point about the one detail that IMO possibly leads away from DH involved.. that detail is where is the person that at some point along the way that BW got a ride from?? ..IMO obviously at some point BW was NO longer walking barefoot on her 40 mile trip to uncles home..who picked her up and dropped at her intended destination, Uncle Donnie's house in Styx River??

Someone drove her there.. she did NOT WALK BAREFOOT there.. so why is this absolutely innocent and totally uninvolved person not coming forward to say, HEY I PICKED HER UP ON INTERSTATE 10 AND DROPPED HER AT A HOUSE SHE SAID WAS HER UNCLES.. period.. end of story.. WHY WOULD NOT THIS PERSON HAVE COME FORWARD? ?

so, ya see my point is this not only was the very first question that I came upon in logistically looking at the sequence of events..but its also a question to my knowledge remains unanswered.. therefore IMO actually "possibly" being a very important detail that would indicate that WH is being honest in her account that BW actually NEVER DID ARRIVE at the home in Styx River..

Just my thoughts and nothing more and am anxious to hear if this question has been answered yet? ..if so its an answer I can mark off my mental checklist.. TIA to anyone who has any info regarding this particular issue:)

That question has not been answered yet. We still don't know who picked her up and gave her a ride. Tillman's Corner (Mobile) where she left from, isn't IMO one of those places where you would just run into everyone you know once you set out on foot. It's not a tiny farm town or anything like that. So my guess is that if she was "catching a ride", she was either calling friends to see if they'd give her a ride or she was truly hitch hiking. Also, for what it's worth, on JVM it said she was last seen wearing white flip flops.

The problem we all are having, the lack of media attention is the likeliest answer to that, especially if it was a hitch hiking situation and the person isn't local.

Guys, bear with me. I'm posting from my phone and I think it's going crazy on me! I have no idea how that head banging smiley made its way on to my above post, and I'm having trouble editing to remove. No offense meant, sorry!

We have no surveillance footage along this 40 miles journey?

I am not far from Mobile, went to college there and used to work there. I am familiar with Mobile and Styx River area, so I have been closely following this case. So many things not adding up. I just wish we had more details to go on. There is one thing I have not noticed mentioned on this thread (& MODS delete if you think it is not appropriate). I do not wish to speak ill of the deceased, however I do find one of the FB photo albums posted by DH disturbing. The album is of young women in bikinis shot from a distance, zoomed in, without their knowledge. Some of the women are drying off with towels or bending over, etc. I just found that one album to be creepy. Especially since DH was a married man and all of these pics are of much younger women who he didn't know and appeared to have no knowledge of being photographed.

WHAT IF....BW and DH spoke on the phone and he indicated that he was suicidal and she decided she must go see him and was hoping to get a friend to pick her up as she walked barefooted 40 miles to see him when a stranger stopped and offered her a ride....and it appears they were at least in the neighborhood of the Styx River home if her phone pinged in that area and this stranger had bad intentions. OR maybe she did arrive and found him dead and the note had something awful in it and she took it to protect a member of the family or herself and now she is hiding out of fear that she may be held responsible. I know this all seems like high drama - hence my name IDaddict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592