AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey yall, I am new to WS but started reading about BW a few days ago and kept getting links for this site. I have been reading it for about 2 days and have been very impressed with the insights and observations, not to mention the respect shown, by all users. I don't know if I will be able to offer any new perspectives when I post, but I joined because I would like to contribute to the dialogue pertaining to finding BW. I have been very concerned for this young lady and her story has really pulled at my heart strings. Although BW and I appear to have had very different upbringings and background, I for some reason feel I can relate to her...(being a young woman born and raised in the south myself: north Florida). Even though we may be very different, it seems we share certain commonalities found among many southern girls such as the importance of family, local church communities (and the role they play in challenging times) and having much of our identity rooted in the region we come from. With that said, I sincerely hope and pray BW is found safely. I do not know her or her family but it seems like she has done the best she knows how with the cards she's been dealt. I feel if she gets the chance to have more support, and also furthers her education, then she will be fully capable of making responsible choices and reaching her potential. .... In other words she still has so many opportunities ahead of her. That is just my explanation of why I'm intrigued by the case and am I'm grateful to be part of this forum, focused on bringing her home.

Those comments are hilarious :floorlaugh:...thanks for sharing the laughs. It was a good relief from the worry about BW.

" I hope all the people stealing Tide will step forward and come clean!"

:floorlaugh:

I don't know how to quote posts from the last thread. Retrieving Zeaux's post:

"Heavy use can mean different things to different people, but in her case it means she did it regularly, didn't work, didn't keep her child, didn't go to school, the only thing she did regularly was meth and general partying. It was her focus.

Drug use had been condoned by some, that's why BW and her brothers had lived with another relative (not one of the players) who allowed it in their home. I think her parents just felt powerless to stop it. Drug use is extremely prevalent in the Tillman's Corner/Grand Bay area.

No one heard from her after 1:47 am June 1.

DH's phone never pinged on the west side of Mobile Bay which is where Grand Bay is. His phone always pinged across the bay.'

06-25-2012, 05:34 PM

This little gal was in a heap of trouble before she ever went missing. Just saying...

If I have it right LE stated the victim named one perp and then that perp confessed and named the other perp. It certainly appears to me that RSW is maintaining his innocence, which leads me to the obvious conclusion that DK is the perp who was named by the victim and subsequently brought in RSW.

On the one hand, a statement from someone who, at the same time, is confessing his OWN guilt, is also implicating another....well that's pretty damning to me. A person is not going to confess just to try to bring in an innocent person.

On the other hand, it seems to me that there is a huge divide in this family. RSW is on one side of it. DK and DH are on the other side of that divide. I don't know if that divide was always there, just maybe not as wide as it is now, but given who their wives are, I can see DK and DH doing things together, from socializing to much darker things. I am curious to know if RSW hung out with or mentioned DK during the time One has known RSW.

I do not for one minute believe that the victim is lying. I believe that the victim told law enforcement the truth. If the victim only named one assailant, then it is entirely possible that that person (the assailant) may be lying. According to law enforcement, they needed the assailant to tell them who the other person was. If they had evidence against both people via statements given by the victim, why did they need the confession at all?

According to LE the victim reported more than one perp.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/two-men-arrested-for-sex-crimes

snipped:

Captain Arthur said the juvenile victim in this case contacted the sheriff's office. Investigators called one of the men she accused in for questioning, and officials said the suspect confessed.

snipped:

Arthur said the suspect who confessed gave them the name of the second suspect in this case.

"I think that once our investigation is completed and all the individuals are brought to arrest, I'll give you more detail, but I think you'll understand just how serious a crime it is," said Captain Arthur.

It makes more sense to me that the victim would have been able to identify whoever was charged with incest. If Wood had been charged with rape then I would think maybe she couldn't identify him because of the nature of the crime, maybe she was somehow prevented from seeing him and so she couldn't name him. But, DK was charged with rape and Wood was charged with incest.

Also, I don't know that LE "needed" the perps. to confess, just that the first one interviewed as a result of this particular victim's statement did indeed confess.

Of course, we just don't have many facts to go on. If the victim didn't know Wood even though they are related then it very well could be that she did not identify him. Meanwhile, not even a mention of Brittney on tonight's evening news. :notgood:

If this is too much discussion related to the victim then someone please get this post deleted. And, the word victim is so ugly. I think I'll call this child The Hero. Whether or not Brittney's disappearing had anything to do with her report, I bet she thinks it may and that may be how she gathered enough bravery to report it.

Hey yall, I am new to WS but started reading about BW a few days ago and kept getting links for this site. I have been reading it for about 2 days and have been very impressed with the insights and observations, not to mention the respect shown, by all users. I don't know if I will be able to offer any new perspectives when I post, but I joined because I would like to contribute to the dialogue pertaining to finding BW. I have been very concerned for this young lady and her story has really pulled at my heart strings. Although BW and I appear to have had very different upbringings and background, I for some reason feel I can relate to her...(being a young woman born and raised in the south myself: north Florida). Even though we may be very different, it seems we share certain commonalities found among many southern girls such as the importance of family, local church communities (and the role they play in challenging times) and having much of our identity rooted in the region we come from. With that said, I sincerely hope and pray BW is found safely. I do not know her or her family but it seems like she has done the best she knows how with the cards she's been dealt. I feel if she gets the chance to have more support, and also furthers her education, then she will be fully capable of making responsible choices and reaching her potential. .... In other words she still has so many opportunities ahead of her. That is just my explanation of why I'm intrigued by the case and am I'm grateful to be part of this forum, focused on bringing her home.

This is such a great first post. Welcome! We're glad you're here!

:greetings:

BamaMagnolia! Nice to have another N.FL girl/native on board!

:welcome:

About BW's Poster:
Hometown Search FB pg says they corrected the height on her poster & put 5'1" (downloaded 13 hrs ago). They also put KlaasKids # on it.

CW has poster on her on her FB that says 5'3" (downloaded 16 hrs. ago).

Older news articles all have the height of 5'1".

So I guess they made up a new poster...realized it was wrong and CW just hasn't downloaded corrected one.

According to LE the victim reported more than one perp.

snipped:

Captain Arthur said the juvenile victim in this case contacted the sheriff's office. Investigators called one of the men she accused in for questioning, and officials said the suspect confessed.

snipped:

Arthur said the suspect who confessed gave them the name of the second suspect in this case.

"I think that once our investigation is completed and all the individuals are brought to arrest, I'll give you more detail, but I think you'll understand just how serious a crime it is," said Captain Arthur.

It makes more sense to me that the victim would have been able to identify whoever was charged with incest. If Wood had been charged with rape then I would think maybe she couldn't identify him because of the nature of the crime, maybe she was somehow prevented from seeing him and so she couldn't name him. But, DK was charged with rape and Wood was charged with incest.

Also, I don't know that LE "needed" the perps. to confess, just that the first one interviewed as a result of this particular victim's statement did indeed confess.

Of course, we just don't have many facts to go on. If the victim didn't know Wood even though they are related then it very well could be that she did not identify him. Meanwhile, not even a mention of Brittney on tonight's evening news. :notgood:

If this is too much discussion related to the victim then someone please get this post deleted. And, the word victim is so ugly. I think I'll call this child The Hero. Whether or not Brittney's disappearing had anything to do with her report, I bet she thinks it may and that may be how she gathered enough bravery to report it.

It would be nice if they would at least inform the public who had confessed. What I also find odd is that the lawyer for whoever did not confess, hasn't held a press conference him/herself proclaiming his client's innocence and that he has not confessed to anything. I understand he/she wouldn't allow their client to speak with MSM, but lawyers rarely shy away from the exposure.

One other thought:

snipped again from the same article I linked to a couple of posts back:

The suspect who confessed may have validated the victim's report. The victim may have given the name of the second suspect and the first suspect provided the same name. I don't think any news articles have said that LE was not aware of the name of the second suspect until it was revealed by the first suspect. In fact, the second suspect could have been denying the allegations but once LE had a confirmation of this person's involvement (first from the victim, then from the first suspect) they knew he was involved.

I have only found one other article about the arrests and it does not make this clear.

If I have it right LE stated the victim named one perp and then that perp confessed and named the other perp. It certainly appears to me that RSW is maintaining his innocence, which leads me to the obvious conclusion that DK is the perp who was named by the victim and subsequently brought in RSW.

On the one hand, a statement from someone who, at the same time, is confessing his OWN guilt, is also implicating another....well that's pretty damning to me. A person is not going to confess just to try to bring in an innocent person.

On the other hand, it seems to me that there is a huge divide in this family. RSW is on one side of it. DK and DH are on the other side of that divide. I don't know if that divide was always there, just maybe not as wide as it is now, but given who their wives are, I can see DK and DH doing things together, from socializing to much darker things. I am curious to know if RSW hung out with or mentioned DK during the time One has known RSW.

DK is not one of RSW's friends on FB. At least right now he isn't. I don't know what that means as to whether they spent a lot of time together or hung out. I'm sure they were together at family events, but that doesn't mean they "actually" liked each other.

It would be nice if they would at least inform the public who had confessed. What I also find odd is that the lawyer for whoever did not confess, hasn't held a press conference him/herself proclaiming his client's innocence and that he has not confessed to anything. I understand he/she wouldn't allow their client to speak with MSM, but lawyers rarely shy away from the exposure.

Maybe both have confessed at this point. I can't figure out why both would be released. I think they won't say much more publically as long as the investigation is on-going, especially since they have said they expect there to be other arrests.

Does CW have an attorney or legal help? I am afraid it might be difficult for CW to get a subpoena. Maybe that is why the family doesn't have a lot of info.
LE will need to get the subpoena. I used to handle LE requests for the T-Mobile Sidekick. Even 5 years ago, we were able to supply texts, photographs, cell phone calls, address book, etc. for LE.

Families may be able to get the information, but it is very difficult due to privacy issues. BW is an adult.

I am a little confused...
There is only 1 victim (brave hero) who came forward (as of now) and it was after BW disappeared and this lead to the arrests of DK and RSW.
The police had been investigating abuse allegations for the past 4 months.
And only DH had been questioned by police about this before the arrests.

Regarding BW...IMO meth changes your boundaries so I do not find it hard to believe BW took off and hasn't been in contact with CW. I think her child and her family are very important to her but with meth use things tend to get overshadowed by the need to get high. And it wouldnt be hard to stay away and out of touch IMO with all the stuff going on in her family.

Can someone tell me if I am allowed to say the relationship of a family member (that i read about) that passed in Oct 2011 of DHs..(this could have had him depressed). Also something else I found info on (not sure if it is important or not or if it has been mentioned before) but after this persons death in Oct, DH appears to have gone to North Dakota, taking a close family member with him to work from Oct 2011 through Dec 2011.

Maybe both have confessed at this point. I can't figure out why both would be released. I think they won't say much more publically as long as the investigation is on-going, especially since they have said they expect there to be other arrests.

I saw that they were both out. If RSW confessed, why would he be allowed out at all? Which brings up questions about DK, too. Wouldn't the person that confessed go straight to the arraignment process and then sentencing? Or at least be held over until trial if they entered not guilty plea at the arraignment. I had assumed that DK was out as a result of a deal that he made with prosecutors for giving them information, but now that I look at the charges again, I'm not sure that this is true.

Does anyone have any insight into how this works in AL?

Do we know if BW's phone is internet capable? If it is, would law enforcement have access to web searches or sites visited through the records from the cell phone provider?

I'm trying to catch up as I had a busy night last night, but I saved a lot of what people requested. In looking over RSW's wall, this guy really does appear straight laced & caring, seems like he frequently does the 'right thing' and he seems like the most stable out of the entire family.

I most certainly believe in the innocent until proven guilty idea, however one thing I will never do is assume the victim is lying.

Here's how it works people...

Somebody says something to the cops that implicates a person in a crime. Police interview everyone - the perp(s) as well as the victim(s). If the victim is underage, their parent or guardian will be present unless they're the one doing the victimizing . The same thing goes for the perp. Everything, the entire interview is recorded by voice & most of the time by video. Written statements are taken from both the victim and the perp. Law enforcement then determines if there's true basis, if the alleged perp should be charged based on the victim and/or witness testimony. Law enforcement charges if they determine probable cause & truth to a statement.

So, it's tricky here for some to think RSW could be guilty. That is fine. Same goes for DAK & DH. However, no matter what, I'll never so blatantly assume that a minor child victim of sodomy, incest, rape, sex, etc would be lying. If one goes with the theory that the victim, out of guilt over DH's suicide, decided to cast blame elsewhere - then no matter how one looks at it, or whatever reasons there may be given, then that would still imply that the victim is lying and is not believable.

Police won't arrest & charge a person just bc they're implicated by another suspect. In a sex crime case, unless the charge involves cyber crimes, the victim will be interviewed before any charges are sought. They charged based on probable cause.

Whenever I read that RSW or DK could have been implicated out of guilt that the victim may have held due to the suicide of DH, I think about all the child victims of molestation/sex/incest/rape whose mother or father didn't believe them when they came to them to report such crimes. There is no difference except for the fact that most of us may not be related or know said victim.

Again - the victim had to have been interviewed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname