AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I sure hope and pray this will be good news!

OMG! I just went to CW FB and read her status, I hope whatever the new lead is helps find BW. Praying right now that the truth is revealed and BW is found.

Curious if it has to do with the fb post on FOX10 page about Hippie Beach

On the WKRG News FB page, SH (BW stepmom) left a comment asking people to "like" it (it being her posted comment) if you wish to see MPD and BCSO accept the search funds offered to them by the Alabama Bureau of Investigations. I thought many of you would want to "like" this comment, as many of the parties influencing this case ( such as the msm and LE ) seem to step things up when their is public outcry. To "like" click on the provided link below, then find the news article "Family Offers Reward for Information In BW Case". SH comment is the 27th one down.

https://www.facebook.com/WKRG.News.5

From one of the posters on the FOX10 facebook page that mentioned Hippie Beach...here are a couple links that give a description...

Having A Blast on Hippie Beach
http://www.al.com/news/press-register/index.ssf?/base/news/1216026906233500.xml&coll=3

Hippie Beach Video - rope swingers
http://videos.al.com/mobile-press-register/2008/07/hippie_beach.html

Alabama Swimming Holes
There is also a site that features Alabama Swimming Holes...assuming "Hippie Hole" is also "Hippie Beach" ---- you have to scroll down to the Little River Canyon Area section and it's the second and third listed. (look at the photos)
If this isn't the correct place please let me know and I will delete this part!
http://www.swimmingholes.org/al.html

Quoting myself...was unable to edit...
The Alabama Swimming Holes site doesn't seem to be the right Hippie Beach...I apologize for that (was hoping someone local could double check)

The location description in the "A Blast on Hippie Beach" link is more likely the correct area...Tucked away in the woods along Halls Mill Creek.

Did a google map from Styx River and it's near Tillmans Corner

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-07-19 at 10.43.09 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-07-19 at 10.43.09 PM.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 26
Quoting myself...was unable to edit...
The Alabama Swimming Holes site doesn't seem to be the right Hippie Beach...I apologize for that (was hoping someone local could double check)

The location description in the "A Blast on Hippie Beach" link is more likely the correct area...Tucked away in the woods along Halls Mill Creek.

Thanks for this info. I have lived in Mobile and Baldwin counties all of my life and have never even heard of a Hippie Beach! And, I lived very close to the Halls Mill area for many years.

Your map starts near Styx River Road but the house DH was staying at is on Waterworld Road. It is confusing. I saw a report a couple of days ago where the reporter stated DH was staying on Styx River Road but I am pretty sure she was wrong. All of the early reports, including the first tv report that actually showed the home, stated that he was at Waterworld Road. Waterworld Road runs parallel to I-10. Reporters are acting like these are the same places but they are definately not the same roads. Waterworld Road is actually a Robertsdale, AL address even though everyone calls it Styx River. I'm sure the Waterworld Road reports were the correct ones because that's right where they carried out the first searches and first said that her phone had pinged. I posted a map of these roads a couple of days ago to show their distance from one another.

Still nothing as per Chessie elaborating on lead from today. Hoping whatever it is, that it pans out.

Informative link...I wonder if LE obtained a warrant and searched the beach thoroughly.

BW's dad said he and his wife have spent hours searching that beach and have found nothing. He did take the girls (BJW) phone number and emailed it to the detective.

Still nothing as per Chessie elaborating on lead from today. Hoping whatever it is, that it pans out.

I wonder if the lead was BJW. I hope it's something else and they are finally getting a positive lead that will help find their daughter. I can not imagine what they are feeling.

How's that for a 1 in a million coincidence. My bets are that someone will be hauled in by PD shortly to explain some strange coincidences

I sure do hope so!!!! IMO some ladies need to be added to the list of people charged.

Thanks for this info. I have lived in Mobile and Baldwin counties all of my life and have never even heard of a Hippie Beach! And, I lived very close to the Halls Mill area for many years.

On a lighter note, MotherOcean, your being unaware of it speaks for itself. Lol.

:wave:

Same with me, I have never heard of Hippie Beach!

Well, I learned from the above posted link, the interview of CW by Andrew Perez from Fox10News that BW met up with DH at the end of CW's street and not in Mobile as we all discussed much earlier. That makes a lot more sense.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/woods-mom-arrests-overshadow-search

I was glad to see that little piece of information verified also. Wracking our brains on the few 'facts' we have is difficult but the gradual changing of these main puzzle parts is so confusing. In the scheme of things us individuals will cope but when the various media outlets run with 'facts' that don't add up it feels like we are starting from scratch again.

:rollercoaster:

It has been too long IMO since Brittney vanished, very distressing for her family. You are putting in an enormous effort so here's hoping :

Bring Brittney Home today.

Just caught up on the new comments, which of course means going through them all. Quite a lot going on there and some wonderful advocates for Brittney. It is encouraging while they they keep discussing the 'situation'. Media interest is so vital but not very easy to maintain.

MOO

Your map starts near Styx River Road but the house DH was staying at is on Waterworld Road. It is confusing. I saw a report a couple of days ago where the reporter stated DH was staying on Styx River Road but I am pretty sure she was wrong. All of the early reports, including the first tv report that actually showed the home, stated that he was at Waterworld Road. Waterworld Road runs parallel to I-10. Reporters are acting like these are the same places but they are definately not the same roads. Waterworld Road is actually a Robertsdale, AL address even though everyone calls it Styx River. I'm sure the Waterworld Road reports were the correct ones because that's right where they carried out the first searches and first said that her phone had pinged. I posted a map of these roads a couple of days ago to show their distance from one another.

The map was a general area location. I didn't have exact addresses so my reference points were Styx River and Halls mill creek. It was to give an approximate closeness in relation to the areas that have been discussed.

My apologies if this information is way off. I'm in NC and not familiar with the area. I thought the general distance between the areas was significant and easy to get to from any of the places MSM has mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname