Deceased/Not Found AL - Carla Corley, 14, Birmingham, 12 Aug 1980

What is most terrifying about this case is that these men, who have never been named, went on to live the past thirty years doing God knows what to God knows who. I simply cannot believe what this poor little girl must have endured during that attack, and during the possible subsequent one that had her vanish. Justice for Carla. I hope someone in the media picks this up someday and gives her the attention she deserves.

I remember her from elementary school. In 1980 I was 13 years old. Carla was 2 years older than me but had some classes in my grade. I remember her because it was unusual for an older kid to be in a younger class, but if she had slight brain damage that would make sense. She was quiet and didn't really know any one in my class. I dont remember her being there very long or ever hearing anything at all about her missing. I know where airport highway is ... not the best area of town for sure. I know where Lake Purdy is and it is not either. Very desolate. People used to go drinking and partying around there back then. It sounds like she probably met a very horrible fate and I am sure there are people that know who is responsible. I have never heard anything about this group of men. I bet they are from the housing community. Very sad. I would be glad to help any way I could. I do not know where to start. I do not see any links for family.

It has been over 30 years since Carla went missing. She would now be 55 years old.

Have there been any 30 year anniversary articles or TV features on the case?

---------------------------------------------------
Carla Rebecca Corley
Missing since August 12, 1980 from Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 31, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 130 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
Medical Conditions: Corley has slight brain damage, which can cause epileptic seizures.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing blue corduroy pants and a blue blouse with a Peter Pan collar and three white buttons.
Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Carla was last seen in her family's home in the public housing community on Airport Highway where she lived with her mother.

On the eve of Carla's disappearance, she helped her mother wash dishes after supper. Her mother went to bed, awoke about 04:30 and walked into the living room. The chairs were pushed away from the table, a soft drink bottle was turned over and Carla's new tan sandals with a gold emblem were near the couch where she had taken them off the night before. The doors were left wide open.

There was no trace of Carla. A month earlier, a group of men had abducted the girl for about three hours, taken her to Lake Purdy and raped her. About a week before Carla's disappearance, the men came banging on her door but couldn't get in. No one has been charged in connection with her disappearance, but police suspect foul play.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Corley's case, please contact:

Birmingham Police Department
Family Services Unit
205-328-9311

or

Alabama Center for Missing and Exploited Children
334-353-1172

Email: acmec@dps.state.al.us

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

NCMEC #: NCMC765111

Agency Case Number: G249425

NCIC Number: M-060816930

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Alabama Department of Public Safety
The Doe Network: Case File 105DFAL

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/105dfal.html

I saw Carla featured at the end of Nancy Grace's missing people show. Her mother spoke briefly. Richard, I believe being almost 31 years ago that she would now be 45. What is the story here about her being previously raped and almost abducted a week prior? Has LE ever commented on this case? Very bizarre.

Does anyone know if the family had any ties to Kansas? None of the rapists were ever identified, but were they local men?

Glad you found us here at WS, Forteen, and I am praying for you to get some answers to what happened to Carla. They are WAY overdue. I can only imagine what it would be like to wait all these years not knowing :( God bless you and your family.

Fourteen-you have found a wonderful group of people here on WS- I have seen some people here do some amazing things to try and help find a missing person or solve a case! I wish you luck in finding justice for your sister Carla!!I will be praying for you and your family and esp..Carla!!

But what we don't know is what type of people the rapist gang was. They maybe were a prominet powerful gang in their housing project theat everyone was fearful of. The family could have been too scared to get LE invovled and possibly never gave them their names after she dissappeared. maybe they didn't even know who they were themselves. fear can be quite powerful and let's face it, police can not always protect you.

Not in the project, however still lead the people today, to scared, yes some were or were they? AS FOR ME THE I AM STILL HERE AND WILL SEE IT THROUGH TO THE CONVICTION OF ALL, OR DID I MEAN TILL THE END, THIRTY ONE YEARS AND TWO MONTHS TO THE DAY, ACTUALLY IT WAS 8/8/80 IF TRUTH TO BE TOLD THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERNS PLEASE KEEP IT UP

Welcome to Websleuths, SheWasOnlyFourteen. Thank you for joining us. I am so sorry for what happened to Carla. This thread is for her. Once you've become verified, I know the members will have many questions for you.

:welcome5:

glad you found us here at ws, forteen, and i am praying for you to get some answers to what happened to carla. They are way overdue. I can only imagine what it would be like to wait all these years not knowing :( god bless you and your family.

thank you for the prayers, there is no other family member or alike helping me except the best jesus, i can hardly type for the tears reading the replies for carla, i have wanted this for thirty one years and it is time the truth be told, right now they are doing anlysis of soil and then dogs again for carla and the alleged other girls, there are a few seasoned retired that we still communicate regarding carla and the evil that is still going on, one told me go tell the everyone, in all these yrs it was because it could hurt the case more than help? Yeah right, if one knew the facts, people would be outraged the person said go tell it and tell it all, just let it happen

Fourteen-you have found a wonderful group of people here on WS- I have seen some people here do some amazing things to try and help find a missing person or solve a case! I wish you luck in finding justice for your sister Carla!!I will be praying for you and your family and esp..Carla!!

Finally, a way to talk about it, thanks so much for prayer, as for her bio family GOD WILL HAVE TO REACH THEM. JUSTICE YES FOR CARLA, EXCEPT RECENTLY MY WORDS HAVE CHANGED TO GRACE FOR CARLA. Just start a non-profit for her today! YEAH YES AND AMEN, I STRONGLY BELIEVE THIS IS IT, THAT PEACE IS HERE THANK YOU SO MUCH

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/corley_carla.html

Wow this is crazy.

Missing Since: August 12, 1980 from Birmingham, Alabama
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: December 31, 1965
Height and Weight: 5'3, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A blue blouse with a Peter Pan collar and three white buttons, and blue corduroy pants.
Medical Conditions: Corley has epilepsy and suffers from seizures as a result of her condition.

Corley had been abducted and raped by a group of men in July 1980, one month prior to the time she was last seen. The three-hour attack had taken place near Lake Purdy in Alabama. :confused: :eek:

The men had arrived at Corley's family's residence the week before she disappeared, but they were not permitted inside. It is not known if the previous attack is related to Corley's disappearance. :rolleyes:

It is not known if the previous attack is related to Corley's disappearance.

Okay, Are they kidding ???? Seriously...........Or they are absolute idiots.
Sometimes the things i read about these poor children makes me want to reach out and slap someone. I can't help it.

What is wrong here? A 14 year old girl is raped by a group of animals and they don't know where she is?
ASK THEM ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They raped a child for 3 hours. they had the balls to come to the door looking for her? ONE WEEK LATER? I would have SHOT THEM AT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A CHILD FOR GOD SAKES !!!!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON ???????
The MAN hours that have already been paid out to uphold the law in this Country we live in and this is the results of TAX DOLLARS.

IT"S A JOKE

IF YOU ONLY KNEW THE TRUTH TO WHAT YOU SAY, HOWEVER AS FAR AS THE INFO YOU READ REGARDING MEN A WEEK/DAYS PRIOR, WHEN WAS THAT TOLD? THINK ABOUT IT.:furious:

yes they have I am the only living relative, that has been striking that iron from day one, YES LE has been involved since day one when the actual day of abduction, not the day that was made public, I so what to tell the truth of all that has gone on, right now the are still involved. Sure wish I could get one on one talk show with Trishia

HI AM CARLA'S FAMILY, would love to hear more of what You had to say of Carla except lake purdy, true she was quite at school and she had issues with work at that time she had reasons for that which school did you attend

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back