AL AL - Christina Carter, 3, Hueytown, 17 Sept 1973

I just found this thread and have been doing a bit of sleuthing.

For one, I read that Janet's deceased, married boyfriend was a Hueytown policeman. Interesting....

Regarding Richard's question concerning what Law Enforcement agency has jurisdiction in Christina's case, the FBI initially investigated the murder of Janet and the disappearance of Christina because Janet was found on federal property (the Smokey Mountains are a national park). The Hueytown Police are listed as the investigators on the Doe Network, so I assume it was/is a collaborative effort between local police and the feds.

Finally, I found another picture of Christina:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ginad42/Carter_Christina_Lynn.jpg

Hello Sleuthers!

Has there been any update on the DNA Comparison between Sharon Marshall and Christina??

I'm So Anxious to hear!!

There is such a striking similarity in Bone Structure, Hair Type/Texture/Color, Eyebrows, Chin, Cheekbones, Mouth, Nose... It is the closest match, in my opinion, yet.

Christina's father was contacted last week about the DNA - they are sending the sample kit to the police, who will contact him when it arrives. So, he hasn't provided the sample yet. Slow process.

Christina's father was contacted last week about the DNA - they are sending the sample kit to the police, who will contact him when it arrives. So, he hasn't provided the sample yet. Slow process.

Well...at least it wasn't pushed aside. The wheels of progress are turning, :woohoo: however, very SLOWLY!! :)

Thanks for the update MartieLee, hoping they get in gear soon. Isn't it funny how Montel & Jerry Springer can get dna results back in a day???

Thanks for the update MartieLee, hoping they get in gear soon. Isn't it funny how Montel & Jerry Springer can get dna results back in a day???

With all individuals being alive and willing, it's a lot easier.

I'm still curious about the nature of the custody dispute in this case, because as I said before fathers almost never got custody in those days. Even now people are very reluctant to give a father custody of his young daughter. I wonder if it has something to do with the case.

Thank you Marti Lee for getting back to us and letting us know what is going on!

I'm so glad that things are still moving along... I will look forward to hearing from you in the future... along with everyone else here!

Thank you for keeping us informed! Thank you also for your efforts!

Things are moving again - Christy's father has now submitted his DNA sample. So now we wait for results.

Just saw this thread...wow! Hope a few mysteries are solved.

Martie lee thanks for letting us know. My thoughts are with you and Christy's father -

Curious in Atlanta

Unfortunately, the next step requires the patience of Job. The results may take up to several months to be completed. Be strong, and remember that progress is being made even when that progress is not visible.

Hoping for some answers for Christina's family :blowkiss:

I saw that Christina's thread was bumped and I got excited that maybe there was some news.

I see a remarkable resemblance between Christina and Sharon as well as a resemblance between Janet and Sharon.

I'm praying that the DNA outcome gives so many the answers they are looking for.

yes, now it is the hurry up and wait period that seems to take forever. I keep checking for news myself, hoping and praying that we have a match so we all have answers.

I'm so looking forward to hearing results from the DNA testing! I hope there is a match for Sharon Marshall...

(Bump)

I cant wait to hear too, I have gotten my hopes up many times for matches and got them dashed everytime. I am hoping this is it.

I came across the story of Christina's disappearance by chance recently and immediately thought of the Marshall mystery - then I realized other people had made the same connection and the comparison was under way. They are so similar that nobody who knows of the two cases can NOT connect them. Of course we'll have to wait for the results, but frankly it would be hard to imagine a better match. I'll bet this is the answer.

Hi. Newbie here. :blushing: I've been interested in Sharon's case for a few years and hope to get the book in the next couple of weeks. At first I was so excited when I saw Christina's picture. I thought she may be a match and perhaps Sharon's family will finally have found her. Then I realised what that would mean for Christina. That her ultimate fate was a nightmare childhood in the hands of a monster. But if it's not a match Sharon will still have no name and Christina's familly will still not know. :confused:

the not knowing is what is making me on the edge. possible matches in the past were negative. and old floyd is rotting in prison with the true knowledge of who sharon is and he wont give out that info. i suspect even on his deathbed hes going to take that to his grave.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back