GUILTY AL - Jack Girdner, 73, & DeJerinett twins, 9, found murdered, Hope Hull, 3 June 2012

Is this the female that is listed at his same address?

Yes. But there has been no mention of her. I find that odd, actually. If she's around, you'd expect to hear an "I don't know where they could be" sort of thing from her.

I agree with the idea that this might have been an accident in the water. I was thinking about a possible boat capsizing with no life vests. But that sort of leaves us to figure out what might have happened to the vehicle. What about heart attack and car rolls into the lake? I know. I don't want to imagine that! But it's a possible explanation.

FYI: I'm cool with everything mom has said. She's under stress. She lives in Alabama, where the language is nuanced. I don't see anything odd about what she's said.

The car has to be in that lake. Not the one behind his house. It's the other one. There is a curve with no shoulder and some red clay covering part of the road. An oversteer, sliding on the dirt, dodging another vehicle or having a medical issue could have caused Mac Girdner to drive into that little lake. It's called Lake Ridge Road, too. So that might mean a relatively deep lake. Has it been searched?

What beautiful children.

The moms statement is so odd. It is something that I'd expect after months of searching, but not the initial interview. Very, very odd.

I just called and told them that they ought to check that lake if they haven't checked it already.

By the way, I'm not big into giving out tips as I think they likely bog down some investigations. But I just have a hunch on this one. The only thing that wouldn't add up is that the road doesn't seem to connect to a main road. It seems like he'd have to be driving to a neighbor's house. I wonder whether he has friends out there. He also could have been going to fish with the kids and decided to drive down the road.

http://www.wsfa.com/story/18699945/montgomery-twins-still-missing-mother-speaks

Montgomery mother Terrye Moore is pleading for the return of her twins: 9-year-olds Jordan and Taylor DeJerinett.

"I just wanna know what happened. Wherever my children are, the family is pulling for you and we're hear waiting for you to come back...safe return all in one piece and I love 'em," Moore said.

She says her twins were last seen Sunday at her friend's house: 73-year-old Jack Mac Girdner in Hope Hull.

"Last night around midnight I went to go pick them up and no one was home," Moore said.

Moore says Girdner has been a friend of three years. She says he was a church member who showed interest in her kids and had been spending time with them and babysitting.

"We're hear waiting for you to come back."

Hear??? Come on, a middle schooler knows the difference in 'hear' and 'here'... People are taking apart every word the mother says but nobody picked up on this? This is a journalist and they can't type the correct word? Seriously?

I hope the twins are found safe, but I'm not going to beat up on the mother just yet. She knew this guy for at least 3 years, and nobody wants to think the worst of somebody they go to church with. So she doesn't come across as the most articulate person in the world... she's in shock, give her a break.

I found a neat little site with public records. Here's a public notice. It sounds like Jack Girdner and his wife were about to lose their home. By the way, they or she sold it in 2010. It was a very modest house. Does anyone have a pic of the Hope Hull residence?

http://publishing.yudu.com/Library/Ay2zm/VOLUME32EDITION49TUE/resources/19.htm

FYI, I'll be using this public notice site in the future!

See my first post on this page. Also, can you give a brief description of where this info is on the public page?....TIA.

See my first post on this page. Also, can you give a brief description of where this info is on the public page?....TIA.

I obviously found that home since I noticed the water and phoned the police. Note that the name of the road is Lake Ridge Road. That means the road is on a ridge. That's downhill to the lake if a vehicle is rolling.

On that link, you can type the last name in at the top right and it will highlight it in the text. Then you have to zoom in. I'm not sure the information is relevant to the case, but I wanted to know how he got from California to Alabama and what he was involved in before he made the move.

Teddy bear in this pic of one of the bedrooms...????? Also, notice quite a bit of alcohol setting around, eclectic taste in art and furniture. Fwiw,,,,,but the teddy bear is concerning....along with the fact she didn't go to pick them up til midnight. IMO And yes, where is AG? She's younger, would she maybe have job in GA?

You'll need to zoom, I don't want to blow the margins again.

287590_9.jpg

I noticed that vehicle, but I couldn't see it clearly enough to determine whether it's the same one they are seeking.

Looks like white and then again, could be silver. ??? I don't think it will come thru with the other pic of the car unless you click on the other pictures provided on the street view, but it definitely is a Mercedes. I can tell by the front end by the rf wheel. eta: It worked, just zoom in.

http://goo.gl/maps/0xBy

I don't see the teddy bear as concerning. My children have given my parents several stuffed animals over the years, from a "Build-A-Bear" that says "We love you, Nana!" when hugged, to various Valentine/holiday themed ones. Children love stuffed animals, and if they pick out a gift on their own, a stuffed animal might be something they would choose. Also, one time my dad bought my mother a pair of earrings, and the jewelry store was packaging all of their Valentine gifts in a stuffed teddy bear with a special little heart pouch in front that held the gift. My mother still has that bear in her bedroom, as well as several of my old stuffed animals in the bedroom we stay in when we visit them. My kids dug them out of the attic.

If this man did take these children, why now... after 3 years? I mean, seems like if he were to be an abuser, he had a good set-up, right? Now, if mom was about to move, or had expressed desire for him not to keep them anymore, I can see him up and running off with them. I would be more likely to lean towards some sort of accident they have had, especially with an elderly driver.

It's one teddy bear. It's not as if he has a cache of toys and sweets around the house. I'm not the least bit concerned about anything in the house. In fact, I'm 80 percent sure that whatever happened to the kids also happened to the man. Maybe I'm just not skeptical enough yet.

I don't see the teddy bear as concerning. My children have given my parents several stuffed animals over the years, from a "Build-A-Bear" that says "We love you, Nana!" when hugged, to various Valentine/holiday themed ones. Children love stuffed animals, and if they pick out a gift on their own, a stuffed animal might be something they would choose. Also, one time my dad bought my mother a pair of earrings, and the jewelry store was packaging all of their Valentine gifts in a stuffed teddy bear with a special little heart pouch in front that held the gift. My mother still has that bear in her bedroom, as well as several of my old stuffed animals in the bedroom we stay in when we visit them. My kids dug them out of the attic.

If this man did take these children, why now... after 3 years? I mean, seems like if he were to be an abuser, he had a good set-up, right? Now, if mom was about to move, or had expressed desire for him not to keep them anymore, I can see him up and running off with them. I would be more likely to lean towards some sort of accident they have had, especially with an elderly driver.

Your nicer than I am....but, could be your right. LOL

"We're hear waiting for you to come back."

Hear??? Come on, a middle schooler knows the difference in 'hear' and 'here'... People are taking apart every word the mother says but nobody picked up on this? This is a journalist and they can't type the correct word? Seriously?

I hope the twins are found safe, but I'm not going to beat up on the mother just yet. She knew this guy for at least 3 years, and nobody wants to think the worst of somebody they go to church with. So she doesn't come across as the most articulate person in the world... she's in shock, give her a break.

I noted that in the article.....but that is the ignorance of the reporter and can't really be blamed on the speaker. The reporter wrote out a quote from a VERBAL statement. There is also an error later in the article in another quote, where the reporter used the word PEACE instead of piece! The reporter shouldn't have that job, if that is their level of writing ability, and the page editor should be looking for other employment, also. BUT, many articles these days contain ridiculous errors that no one catches before they go to print.

jmo

I am going to research Jack Mac...
to see if he is on any RSO list.

Jack Girdner's name did not turn up on any RSO lists I researched...

National or state.

FYI... And JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels