Found Deceased AL - Jason Richards, 15, Albertville, 8 Feb 2015 *Arrests*

I feel like LE totally let this young boy's family down by labeling him a runaway, and not fully investigating his disappearance from the time he was reported missing. It was over a month before the story even started hitting the media. Such a shame. They may not could have prevented his death, but I feel they could have brought him home to his family much soon. RIP Jason.

There was another case a couple of years ago where a teen girl went missing and the police refused to investigate. They also "labeled" her as a runaway. Upon pleas from the mother, some citizens did investigation and found a surveillance video showing the girl in trouble and the person responsible. That lead to the arrest and confession of the murderer and he actually told them where to find her body.

My heart aches for Jason's family! How desperate they must have felt because they knew (intuition or rumor) that he didn't just "run away".

:rose: R.I.P. Jason :rose:

May justice come swiftly against those responsible. The family deserves nothing less! :cry: :cry: :cry:

They also thought Michelle Knight was a runaway, iirc.

Gosh, this is heartbreaking. Prayers for the family. RIP Jason...

May young Jason rest in peace. May his mom have answers and see justice.

Body found in Marshall County still not ID’d
Friday, May 15, 2015 at 9:33 p.m.

Assistant Chief Jamie Smith said he understands it will be Sunday before a forensic dentist can make an examination and, they anticipate, an identification.

Until then, authorities continue to investigate in the belief that the body is that of 15-year-old Jason Glenn Richards, an Albertville Middle School student missing since Feb. 8.

Investigators developed information that led them to search the wooded area just off Lois Lane in Langston, and the remains were located.

A cursory sleuth around this case has got me feeling sick to my stomach. I'm trying to work out if a bizarre celebration of his life is genuine or a grotesque mockery. I predict the beginning of a horrific story. :notgood:

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2015/07/2nd_juvenile_arrested_in_accid.html

The second suspect tied to the accidental shooting death of 15-year-old Jason Glenn Richards in now in custody...

The first arrest was of 18-year-old Ryan Anthony Fitch, who reportedly fired the gun. He is charged with abuse of a corpse, criminally negligent homicide and tampering with physical evidence.

The second suspect, an unidentified juvenile, turned himself in to detectives on Wednesday.

Youthful offender status denied for Marshall County teen charged in accidental shooting death of 15-year-old

http://whnt.com/2016/01/25/youthful-offender-status-denied-for-marshall-county-teen-charged-in-accidental-shooting-death-of-15-year-old/

A Marshall County judge denied a youthful offender status request for a teen charged in the death of 15-year-old Jason Richards.

Monday at the youthful offender hearing the prosecution presented a report and the defense offered several witnesses. At the end the judge denied it, but did not give a specific reason.

Fitch’s next court date has not been released.

Marshall Co. judge sentenced Ryan Fitch in his friend’s 2015 accidental shooting death

http://whnt.com/2017/11/20/marshall-co-judge-sentenced-ryan-fitch-in-his-friends-2015-accidental-shooting-death/

There were tears in a Marshall County courtroom from both Ryan Fitch and Jason Richards' families during Fitch's sentencing hearing. The state and the defense didn't call witnesses. But, Richards' parents spoke to the court saying they "went through hell" and that pain hasn't gone away. Fitch cried when Richards' parents spoke.

Before sentencing him, Judge Tim Riley told Fitch the right thing to do was to call 911 and not carry the body off like they did saying, "A few seconds of stupid escalated to a whole lot of wrong. But, you still have a chance to correct your life."

Judge Riley gave Fitch the maximum sentence of 12 months for criminally negligent homicide. Probation was denied and he was ordered to serve that sentence in the Marshall County Community Corrections work release facility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back