GUILTY AL - Kelci Lewis, 1, beaten to death, Birmingham, 11 Oct 2015

LE said they think the boy became extremely agitated when the baby wouldn't stop crying, and became aggressive. Heck, a lot of adults who choose to have children find it very difficult to cope with a baby who won't stop crying, so how can an 8 year old be expected to cope? The 8 year old may even aspergers syndrome or something like that, making him very sensitive to noise and making it difficult for him to control his anger - this is pure speculation, but I hope he will get checked out for things like that in prison.

It took LE a while to charge the mother - I wonder if the delay was due to LE attempting to track this 18 year old babysitter down, and then determining that she didn't exist.

Besides the atrocious slaughtering of the English language, it's odd to me that she worded it like this. It comes off as if someone kidnapped the child, instead of her negligently putting the baby in harms way. And if she's speaking of 'dey' as being a Higher Power, it's very unusual here, deep in the bible belt, that she doesn't say God. Maybe she had more sense than to call Him out on an act she set in motion. moo

I gathered "they" referred to the boy and possibly to the mythical babysitter.

Yeah it doesn't hold up, and I doubt anyone is going to give any credence to that story.
I think her facebook quote (the mother's) which was included in a mainstream media story (link below) says it all really. Not even a hint of regret for her actions or letting her daughter down as her guardian. Only that she'll miss her and how it's hurt her and her family.

"I’m still in shock over it all I willenver forget u I will nevr stop luving u there will never be another Kelci Lewis in dis world dat make me feel like u did ima miss seeing dat pretty smile hearing ur voice calling myu name non step hear dem lil feet running around da house baby girl ur missed ur loved … i juz wanna kno y dey took u from me not only did dey hurt me by taken u but our hole family and real friends r hurt.”

http://heavy.com/news/2015/11/kelci...eath-dead-club-facebook-twitter-photos-vigil/

Omg she should be arrested for that post!
RIP sweet baby

Yeah it doesn't hold up, and I doubt anyone is going to give any credence to that story.
I think her facebook quote (the mother's) which was included in a mainstream media story (link below) says it all really. Not even a hint of regret for her actions or letting her daughter down as her guardian. Only that she'll miss her and how it's hurt her and her family.

"I’m still in shock over it all I willenver forget u I will nevr stop luving u there will never be another Kelci Lewis in dis world dat make me feel like u did ima miss seeing dat pretty smile hearing ur voice calling myu name non step hear dem lil feet running around da house baby girl ur missed ur loved … i juz wanna kno y dey took u from me not only did dey hurt me by taken u but our hole family and real friends r hurt.”

http://heavy.com/news/2015/11/kelci...eath-dead-club-facebook-twitter-photos-vigil/

This image made me :cry:

6bea2dd72a03b7447b78fcafa5de319c.jpg

Sweet little :angel:

Photo via heavy.com article linked via e.l.l.a.

:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came looking for this thread after stumbling across a msm story.
This is an outrage! That baby's mother is not going to be held accountable?!? WHAT?!
This sets a precedent I can't tolerate.
So very sad for both children involved and society as a whole.
Imo BOTH mothers should be charged with neglect and child endangerment at the very least!
:gaah:

Woman pleads guilty in death of her 1-year-old daughter, who died while she partied

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2017/12/woman_pleads_guilty_in_the_dea.html

Katerra Lewis, 28, pleaded guilty to reckless manslaughter in Jefferson County Circuit Judge Virginia Vinson's courtroom. She was immediately sentenced to 28 months in prison, but that sentence was split with 24 months to serve in community corrections. Lewis was also ordered to two years of probation.

The 8-year-old boy was charged after Kelci's death with murder, but that case is being handled in juvenile court where records are not made public. The outcome of that case is unclear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back