AL AL - Lori Slesinski, 24, car found ablaze, Auburn, 10 June 2006 *arrest in 2018* *Guilty*

Right now I am off to bed, just now getting home. Wanted to pop in and write that I have been by the crime scene -- where her car was found burning! HEARTBREAKING, and that's an understatement. There is still burnt debris to her vehicle on the ground, pieces of her once beautiful new ride.

I realized while back there, it is at a dead end which is secluded and VERY dark -- surrounded by woods and a long trail/road which leads over to another road that runs through Auburn. There is also a large construction site there. After seeing that construction site, it hit me. It could have been someone from that site; they might have done that and then put the car there because they are familiar with that area and they felt comfortable there.

Either way, you will definitely get an eerie feeling when you see what I saw, and realize all the possibilities. This crime scene is so close to the gas station owned by Solomon, the other unsolved case. For reasons I can not explain, I am now rethinking my original idea. I have a feeling this person knows that area so well he thinks he owns it. In his mind, it was safe to leave her burning car there...so maybe he could go to work the next morning and watch the police working to find her or her body. A Hispanic or black male (in their 20s) in construction! That's my latest theory.

More later,
Good nite,
Virginia :)

:angel: A PRAYER FOR LORI SLESINSKI :angel:

"Dear Lord,"

"I pray that Lori Slesinski knew you before she turned up missing, before someone took her against her will, or before she disappeared of her own free-will without a trace."
"Heavenly Father, I pray that she held you close to her heart in prayer each day, long before she ever thought she might need to pray, long before she met with troubles and sorrow, and long before she felt loneliness and sadness in her life." ...
"I pray she knew you oh, so well, she loved you oh, so much, and honored you oh, so deeply ... with every step she stepped, every word she spoke, and every breath she ever breathed, I pray."
"Lord, it would be sad if she left this world without knowing you and your undying, precious love for us, without knowing the voids in a lonely heart that YOU and ONLY YOU can fill!" ...
"If she left this world without praying and asking for your forgiveness and acceptance, I pray with all my strength within that you will forgive her and accept her in to your kingdom with open arms -- the same as if she knew you all along." ...
"Lord, I just hope Lori is alive and ok, I pray she is not suffering at the hands of another, I pray you will lead her home safely, I pray there has been a terrible mistake somewhere and it can be fixed with just a phone call."
"Lord, give someone out there the inner-strength and inner-vision within to find what needs to be found, what needs to be said or done, and whatever needs to be looked in to, in order that she will be found alive and safe."

In your precious honor and name,
My loving Father, AMEN and AMEN!

AND NOW THIS:

Usually, when a younger person or a child is missing, being a mother myself, I immediately worry about the mother of the child and what her mental frame of my could be 'right now.' I know, being the mother of a son, myself, the horror of not knowing where my child is would eat me alive. If that were my chlid?!?! Oh, MY, DEAR! I would not be able to eat or sleep, I would be sick, in-emotional-knots, stir-crazy, hyperactive, crazy, lunatic, LIVID and beside myself.

Did I fail to mention, I would be going completely insane? :waitasec:

I think I would rather be dead than have to live each day not knowing where the child I gave birth to wa: "My God, is he ok, did he suffer, could he really be dead, did he just run away to get away from it all, did someone shoot him, was he tortured, sexually assaulted, harmed in any way, alive, dead, held captive...God, help me!" ... <--- THAT would be my emotional state! Any mothers reading this knows what I am talking about. Sleep? Haha, What's that? <<<--- ME!

I often think first, to myself, "I hope they let the mother have a clip on the local TV station, the word needs to get out, and people need to see what this poor mother is going through. I am glad they did this for Lori Slesinski's mother. I watched this clip and I am very concerned, now more than ever, for the safety and whereabouts of this young girl.

Would someone else please go to this website, click on the camera link at the top left of the site (it's a TV station website, so it is very safe) and tell me if you notice anything peculiar in this interview. And, if you do, please email me and point it out, tell me exactly what place in the clip you noticed it. I am going crazy, beating myself up with this one. If I get any responses to this, I will reply to all emails and tell you what it is I am referring to, and why I want to know.

If you are good with intuition and instinct or reading things for what they are, or appear to be, you will SEE exactly what it is I noticed, and you'll point it out, too. Please, email me or answer on the message board. Either way, help me out on this. I will post my reason for wanting to know if anyone else noticed something peculiar or am I just allowing my mind to work overtime.

Thanks,
Virginia

http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp?S=5098993

Lots of past tense from the beginning of the interview (she must believe her daughter is dead, because she has nothing else to believe in at this point). Even when she talks about the dog and the car. She also seems very tired or subdued/ medicated?

No tears. No heartfelt response. Husband grabbing her hand with a slight smirk. No real emotion at all.Something is wrong. Just an intuitive first guess.

Can do more later if requested.

Thank you. Now I know it wasn't just me thinking something off the wall. I wonder if the police have been looking at those two as suspects. My dad said some people just show emotion differently, but why the heck didn't the mother report her missing before 5 days? She said she knew something was odd when she did not show up for work for 2 days, but she did not report her missing then? What in th''..... !!!??

I am sure they are looking closely at those two now. I believe she went to her moms on Saturday, they argued a struggle broke out (the mom and Lori,) because the mom seemed a bit jealous, based on her comments.
The comment she made "She said, Mom, don't I look pretty in my new car?" ... "And I just had to say, yeah!" ... She HAD TO SAY YEAH? Why would anyone feel as though they HAD to SAY YEAH, their kids looks pretty!?

A jealous mom? A daughter who was spoiled and was making demands? A father who tried to get between them and he ended up hurting the girl so badly it killed her? They burned the car to cover their tracks? No burnt car, no insurance? No suicide Lori, no Life Insurance? Maybe Lori did something stupid and they are trying to hide it and cover it up. People do stupid things in times like that. That's what I thinking, what you all said, too. I was thinking exactly what you all posted. The look on her smug face at the end of the interview, she looks as if her face is saying something different than what her mind is telling her to say or think.

I gathered she knows more than she is telling. Let's all pray she is alive and ok, and there will turn out to be a reasonable explanation. Remember, Lori was not happy with her life. Maybe she went to her parents making demands on them, and the mother already being jealous of her new ride and life, she jumped on Lori? I know these things can happen.

Mom yells at daughter, daughter yells back, mom slaps daughter, and daughter (being sick of her life) slaps her back, dad sees the brawl and goes in to a rage (taking mom's side, she probably rode his back about doing too much for Lori,) dad tries to intervene (remember, Lori was an avid gym enthusiast,) and the girl tries to stronghold the dad after having a brawl with her mom, dad hurts Lori to the point her injuries cause her to die. They did not mean to kill her but now they have the dead daughter to explain?

Burnt vehicle? Insurance pays for it, they don't have to pay for it after
she's gone.

Getting Caught: Dad is in his daughter's car, who would say anything about that if he got stopped by the police? Nobodyyyy, it's Lori's dad. Fishy!
He drives the car to the end of that road, lights it up, and mom picks him up.

Mom: She has made several comments, here and there, that lead me to believe she is not the sweet, innocent doting mom she is letting on ... and then again, she's not even doing much of a 'letting on' job. She seems to be hiding something bitter or jealous?

It's just a theory. But it makes sense. Right? Do we ever hear of such cases like this? Just because we're in the deep south, there is no law saying it can't happen here, to us, in our own backyards.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about the mom's interview :)

The only other reasonable idea I could come up with is the first one; and now that has changed, too. But now, I am stuck on the mom and dad. I would like to know if that is her real dad. Watch me, I will find out <detective brain>. As you all have noticed, I am not one to give up. That might be a good thing, in this case. I'm not trying to solve the crime; I am just sad for that girl. I have a feeling she has met her end at the hand of someone.

Oh, Geez! That's it! No more Court TV or
Real Stories of the Highway Patrol for me!

I would suggest opening a discussion thread for this. This area is for information and support, familes and friends do read these boards.

I certainly hope nothing I write would offend anyone, not even the mother. I just happened to notice the expression on her face at the very end of the interview, she seemed to go from what she was saying to this totally weird expression on her face as if she knew something more than she was letting on. Like, almost as if her facial expression was saying "I know she's not coming back," or "She's not coming back but I can put on this face and make them think she is." <as she states the very last words in the interview...> Watch the video again if you wish, but I just think there's more to this than she is telling.

You Be The Judge::waitasec:

Take a few xanax, and then have a listen to this::boohoo:
www.ksolo.com/vascott810

I deleted my posts dealing with my thoughts about the parents, since I wouldn't want to offend anyone, especially the family...but I do think we have a right to discuss/throw out ideas, thoughts & feelings about this case and what is going on.... and if there isn't a special forum for this case, where else can we do it?

Can we request a forum for this case? Greta has picked it up on her show and it is in the national spotlight now.

englishleigh said:
I deleted my posts dealing with my thoughts about the parents, since I wouldn't want to offend anyone, especially the family...but I do think we have a right to discuss/throw out ideas, thoughts & feelings about this case and what is going on.... and if there isn't a special forum for this case, where else can we do it?

Can we request a forum for this case? Greta has picked it up on her show and it is in the national spotlight now.
I should hope that nothing I have written has offended anyone. I really wish you would have left your posts up. It is your forum and your right to state your opinion, we have have a right to state that, and that is what it is...a mere opinion. Absolut was right about not offending anyone, we certainly are not here to do that.

While opinions may vary, the fact remains, someone has done something really wrong to this girl and her vehicle. I am assuming, due to the time that has passed, she is probably 'no longer with us.' And this is one time I am praying (truly praying) I am wrong. I still believe, based on the mother's facial expressions there is something more she is not telling us (or the police).

I have not seen anything you posted here that was so bad, Leigh. I am probably the one who should change their posts but I am not. I will more than likely do some editing with the hopes of not offending or angering anyone, and especially not to hurt anyone's feelings. Let's just hope, for the sake of not feeling more horrible than I already do for this poor girl (and her family,) it turns out I am wrong. If so, I will be the first to admit it.

I have experience in law enforcement that I won't go in to here in the forum, but I can tell you what I know from what I have seen and been around. One thing that struck me about the vehicle, but did not truly occur to me later is ... usually, when there is a fire (house or car) someone who can be easily detected through DNA or easily identified will destroy the property to hide something because they KNOW they can be easliy identified right away.

Sometimes even, they do it for the insurance money. They know they will be stuck paying for a vehicle they can not afford if the person disappears mysteriously. No death certificate means no insurance pay off. To merely abandon the vehicle (a very expensive one, like hers was) would mean the heir of her estate would be left holding the bag on taking care of that item. The little things make the most sense sometimes, but in this case...nothing is making much sense.

So, it is either someone she knows, which is a HIGHLY likely fact. OR, it is someone who was jealous of her vehicle to start with, killed her, her body had been in the vehicle, and they wanted to cover up their crime. Either way, whomever is responsible for her disappearance is a SORRY, LOW-DOWN, GOOD FOR NOTHING, SCUM OF THE EARTH #$$!!#$#!!

englishleigh said:

Case discussion thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40813

If there is a enough usage and posts on different aspects it should end up with a forum.

Virginia,
I don't think it's what you posted, but where you posted it. this thread is for information and support for the family of the victim only. You can post ideas/theories etc. in the Discussion area. Anyone can start a thread there.

In this particular thread, we need to tread lightly with no real discussion. I hope this helps.

Thanks for starting this discussion thread for Lori.

Thank you VERY much, Absolut. Another poster and I are from the area where Lori went missing and we can keep this very current with info and discussion. Thanks very much again.

englishleigh said:

You do... you absolutely do!

But this is a thread for support for the family(ies) of victims/missing persons... and those kinds of thoughts/feelings, etc., should be posted in another forum section here on WS, where the family doesn't have to go if they don't want to. But here, they come for positive thoughts, support and general info sharing....

I look forward to reading your thoughts/opinions in the other forum section. ;)

Few new leads in Slesinski case
Police call missing woman's mother daily with updates

Lindsay Field / Staff Writer
July 7, 2006

Officers from the Auburn Police Division, along with federal and state investigators, are continuing their search for an Auburn woman missing for nearly a month, interviewing friends, relatives and acquaintances of Lori A. Slesinski and going over evidence from her home computer and car.

Slesinski, 24, was first reported missing to police by her mother on June 13.

"It’s kind of hard to put a number on how many leads we have," said Capt. Jerry Holder of the Auburn Police Division on Thursday. "With the city and county tip lines and the people we are personally interviewing, it’s hard to come up with that number."

http://www.oanow.com/servlet/Satell...AN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149188994086

VirginiaInAlabama said:
I certainly hope nothing I write would offend anyone, not even the mother. I just happened to notice the expression on her face at the very end of the interview, she seemed to go from what she was saying to this totally weird expression on her face as if she knew something more than she was letting on. Like, almost as if her facial expression was saying "I know she's not coming back," or "She's not coming back but I can put on this face and make them think she is." <as she states the very last words in the interview...> Watch the video again if you wish, but I just think there's more to this than she is telling.

You Be The Judge::waitasec:

Take a few xanax, and then have a listen to this::boohoo:
www.ksolo.com/vascott810

If I were the parents of this girl and I came in here to try and find some support I would be very upset after reading your posts. You talk like everything that you say is pure fact or that you know something nobody else does. I don't see why you don't think that Lori's family wouldn't be upset. You have nothing to base your statements on. LE isn't focusing on her parents and as far as we know they could be the most wonderful parents in the world. You shouldn't judge them by watching them interviewed on TV. It seems to me that you are reading an awful lot into their interviews right up to how they did the crime. I think that is really unfair to parents that are in horrible pain not knowing where their daughter is or what has happened to her. For their sake I think you should stop.

Bumping for Lori...no new news. I wish they could get a break on her case.

Auburn police conduct ground search in Lori Slesinski case

Lindsay Field / Staff Writer
July 12, 2006

Tips led Auburn police officers to perform a ground search Monday, following up on leads concerning Lori A. Slesinski’s whereabouts.

"Police were out yesterday, but nothing became of it," said Capt. Tom Stofer with the Auburn Police Division. "We don’t want to divulge the areas we were looking around though."

Stofer said police were following a lead, but did not want to disclose the location because it may hinder the investigation.

"We can’t say how, why or where we got the tip right now," Stofer said. "We just don’t want to jeopardize the case by releasing too much information. We just need to be careful what we say and how much we say right now."

http://www.oanow.com/servlet/Satell...AN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149189097782

Picture of Lori at link.

Hard to believe that LE has had no leads or maybe they have and they aren't telling. I wish something would happen in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back