GUILTY AL - Savannah Hardin, 9, forced to run til she died, Etowah Co., 17 Feb 2012

Exactly, Kimberly. They killed that beautiful little girl. :mad:

What could possibly be the reasoning behind punishing a child for doing something supposedly unhealthy by forcing them to do something far more dangerous than the original "offense"? That's not about protecting a child's health - that's all about control. How dare those two try and use that as a defense for their despicable actions.

One more thing - if Dad knew his soon-to-be ex was a danger to their baby, then WHY would he leave his precious daughter in her custody??

I've thought about that.

Maybe he thought because his Mom (the grandmother) was there all would be fine.

But, from what I'm reading the grandmother actually made Savannah run. The stepmother is charged for not stopping it.

So, his own mother killed his child.

What a nightmare.

I'm a bit too lazy today to do too much internet searching (reserving my energy for shoveling out of the 6-12 inches of snow that's on it's way) but on the livestrong website I found this info:

Chocolate is a bladder irritant because it contains caffeine. Your healthcare provider may recommend that you limit the amount of chocolate and other caffeine products that you consume until your bladder infection is completely cleared up.

Milk and milk products can cause bladder spasms that will make kids wet the bed past the normal age of night time dryness. I wonder if chocolate was causing this symptom and S's "caregivers" didn't want to deal with that.

I could see them becoming angry if they found out she willingly and knowingly ate a food that would cause anaphylactic shock or something (my oldest has life threatening allergies) but that shouldn't cause anger to the point of forcing her to endure a deadly punishment. (Really, HOW's her bladder condition now, g'ma and stepmonster?) ugh

So she may have had a likely minor health condition that was aggravated by chocolate and they killed a 9 year old for acting like a 9 year old who doesn't have the reasoning skills of an adult.

Apparently these women also do not possess the reasoning skills of an adult.

BTW, Steely Dan asked what kind of punishment we parents might decide to use if our child misbehaved like this. I pretty much agree with everyone else. Maybe take away TV privileges for the rest of the day, or not allowed to play with friends that day, but definitely this would be an opportunity to explain why we don't lie and why we avoid "forbidden" things that aggravate an illness. Then possibly have the child help come up with ideas for a treat that would make a good substitute for the offending food item.

My son and I had to come up with good food substitutions all the time when he was growing up. The poor child was even allergic to lettuce. Carrots make his throat swell shut! Making sure he had a varied and nutritious diet was always a challenge. His allergist said he had the worse reactions to the skin prick test that he'd ever seen. He's allergic to mice, cats, horses (didn't even know they tested for that!?) trees, grass, corn, all kinds of food, etc.

IMO, these people do not and will not ever have the skills necessary to safely take care of children. I hope the younger ones are placed with proper relatives/caregivers.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/486293-bladder-irritation-and-chocolate/#ixzz1nDkt5eC8

You've all said everything I thought and wanted to say. I can't get the picture of that poor little thing running around the house for HOURS!! It's unfathomable!!!! She probably begged to stop. :(

Poor, sweet thing.

If my kid had done this the most that would have happened would have been a sitdown talk about why we have rules like this followed by an evening with no TV. What on earth possessed these women?

But then I studied their photos. Both appear flat and emotionless, almost as if they'd been arrested for littering.

BBM.

I've noticed that a lot in cases of female parents/relatives murdering children. I've wondered about it. The mugshots all look the same...flat expression, dead eyes. Very strange.

Without a doubt.

They are trash. Jessica Mae Hardin and Joyce Hardin Garrard should be forced to run 6 hours with angry animals chasing behind them. :furious:

BBM.

I've noticed that a lot in cases of female parents/relatives murdering children. I've wondered about it. The mugshots all look the same...flat expression, dead eyes. Very strange.

Same here. Other female parents who kill children
Diane Downs
Andrea Yates
Susan Smith
Gertrude Baniszewski
Mona Nelson
Melissa Huckaby
Lori Drew
Casey Anthony
Darlie Routier

I wonder too. I know some have been profiled. It appears most of them are psychopaths. Some are psychotic.

I wonder where Savannah's biological mother is.

Same here. Other female parents who kill children
Diane Downs
Andrea Yates
Susan Smith
Gertrude Baniszewski
Mona Nelson
Melissa Huckaby
Lori Drew
Casey Anthony
Darlie Routier

I wonder too. I know some have been profiled. It appears most of them are psychopaths. Some are psychotic.

...and more.

From left to right in the photos:
Monica McCarrick
Shelby Dasher
Jackie Burkle
Carmela dela Rosa
Blair Stockdill

All have threads on WS. Dela Rosa was already convicted, the others are awaiting trial.

Attachments

• Monica-McCarrick.jpg
    Monica-McCarrick.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 18
  • e53c2c9f4d6761de9122d72eac64a0cc_M.jpg
    e53c2c9f4d6761de9122d72eac64a0cc_M.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 18
  • article-2085537-0F6CB46400000578-108_233x288.jpg
    article-2085537-0F6CB46400000578-108_233x288.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 17
  • PH2010113001706.jpg
    PH2010113001706.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 56275938.jpg
    56275938.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 20
Now they are saying she did have a bladder condition but there is no evidence that it contributed to the death....

Harp says Savannah Hardin had a bladder condition and was not supposed to have the caffeine in chocolate. He says there is no evidence the condition contributed to her death.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=15775341

Her desk at Carlisle Elementary School has been placed just inside the school's front doors and some of her work, her school supplies box, and other materials are laid out on top.

17002766_BG2.jpg

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/16990061/sheriff-nine-year-old-run-to-death-by-grandmother

Prior to Savannah's death, Alabama Department of Human Resources was already looking into abuse allegations. They released the following statement in response to our enquiry about abuse complaints:

"The Department has one pending investigation concerning Savannah Hardin that allegedly occurred in another state involving an alleged perpetrator that resides in that state. We are working with law enforcement in the other state to conduct interviews in that state," Barry Spear with Alabama DHR said.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/22/justice/alabama-girl-murder-charge/index.html

Can they add a charge of torture for this? Three hours without water? First making a kid run around the house as punishment is odd, second more than 5 minutes for a kid that age is cruel, third the whole thing is extremely stupid.

Just out of curiousity, how would the people on this board with children have punished this child?

I don't have kids, but if there was a desert with dinner that night I wouldn't give her any or grounded for a day depending on the reason why she wasn't allowed to have candy.

I don't understand punishing a child for eating a candy bar? Maybe make her brush her teeth? The idea of no more sweets for the day sounds fair too. Grounding? That is even a little too far, imo.

Making a child run for 3 hours without water or some kind of break is torture, imo. Way, way too far!

I. Just. Don't. Understand.

:furious:

I've seen people punish a child for having a coke or candy in the middle of a family party. Just my opinion, but it's a stupid thing to do.

A child on the bus eating candy? Happens every five minutes somewhere in the world. That's childhood for you.

You know why she probably had a bladder condition? From living with cruel people! She probably wet her pants every day out of stress from living with this witch! :twocents:

Honestly parents - Have Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!

What was this really about? Yep - control. And *!!^*#$&*% cruelty. :maddening:

And I hope her biological children don't have to spend another day with her either.

ETA: OMG - I just realized the true stupidity of this - withholding water from a child with a bladder condition??? Absolute torture!

Answering my own question....

http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...e:-9yearold-forced-to-run-for-3-hours?cid=rss

Her biological mother lives in Lakeland.

From the same article:

"The girl's father, overseas at the time, took eight flights to get to Alabama to tell his daughter goodbye before doctors took her off a ventilator."

Just breaks my heart!!

And this...

Her desk at Carlisle Elementary School has been placed just inside the school's front doors and some of her work, her school supplies box, and other materials are laid out on top.

17002766_BG2.jpg

So, so sad :( :( :( :cry:

GAHH now i'm crying :(

I just want to know why?????????

A suitable - if, in the modern world, draconian - punishment for this sort of crime might be the old treadmill:
Treadmills for punishment were used in prisons in Britain from 1818; they were like twenty-foot paddle wheels with twenty-four steps around a six-foot cylinder. Prisoners had to work six or more hours a day, climbing 5,000 to 14,000 vertical feet. While the purpose was mainly punitive, the mill could grind grain, pump water, or ventilate. (Wiki)
Treadmill

...and more.

From left to right in the photos:
Monica McCarrick
Shelby Dasher
Jackie Burkle
Carmela dela Rosa
Blair Stockdill

All have threads on WS. Dela Rosa was already convicted, the others are awaiting trial.

Thanks!

Court documents show strained relationship between Savannah Hardin's parents

Hundreds of pages of court documents concerning the divorce and custody proceedings of Savannah Hardin's biological parents have shed light on the family's history.

Savannah's father Robert Hardin and her biological mother, Heather, shared joint custody of Savannah after divorcing in 2006. Heather, who lives in Florida, served as primary custodial parent.

But in May 2011, Robert filed a petition to have that agreement changed. He told the courts that he could provide a more stable environment for Savannah, claiming that her mother's lifestyle was not fit for custody of a child. Custody was eventually granted to Savannah's father.

Robert explained medical problems that Savannah had which required continuous treatment. He stated that every three to six months Savannah would visit a urologist in Birmingham. Urologists treat patients with urinary and bladder issues.

http://m.myfoxal.com/autojuice?targ...relationship-between-savannah-hardins-parents

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back