AL AL - Tarasha Benjamin, 17, Selma, 26 June 2010

Thanks for the update. I was hoping so much that she had been found.

I'm thinking about Tarasha today and wondering what could have happened to her. I hope someone didn't get away with murder. :(

Tarasha has been missing for so long now. I hope she hasn't been forgotten.

I last bumped this almost a year ago. :( Tarasha, I hope someday that you are found.

So sad that there is still no news on Tarasha but I must say it's clear how much her family loves and cares about her. She is very missed :(

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

From last month:

Police Department digs for remains, finds nothing

http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/2016/09/19/police-departments-digs-for-remains-finds-nothing/

The Selma Police Department searched for two bodies Monday at an abandoned building on the U.S. Highway 80 Bypass, but didn’t find anything.

According to Lt. Sam Miller with the Selma Police Department, a tip came in that Warner Rose and Tarasha Benjamin, who have been missing since 2009 and 2010, were buried near the building.

“We got information that there were supposed to be two bodies buried by the Top Class Lounge on the bypass,” Miller said. “So the SBI coordinated a dig to try to see if we could locate the bodies.”

Miller said a backhoe dug up the area around the building for most of the day, but no bodies were found.

“We’ve already talked to the Benjamin family and advised them that we didn’t find anything,” Miller said. “I know the rumors are out there on social media and everywhere else, but we did not find any remains.”

20729965-standard.jpg

still missing: http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/11/missing_persons_alabama.html#7

Major Update:

Apparently, investigators in the Tarasha Benjamin case have possibly identified her abductor as 32 year-old Edward Vann. That is according to this facebook post:

Where is tarasha benjamin-documentary

I'm not sure who is responsible for finding this information or how they found it, but I posted the link. Make of it what you will.

Tarasha Benjamin, 17, was last seen in Selma on June 26, 2010. She said goodbye to her mother and left home at 10 a.m. to go to a flea market. On the way there, she stopped at a yard sale and met with a relative who borrowed her cellular phone to make a call. It’s not clear whether Tarasha ever arrived at the flea market. She never returned home and has never been heard from again. It’s extremely uncharacteristic of Tarasha to leave without warning, and foul play is suspected. Authorities don’t believe she’s still in the area, as extensive searches turned up no sign of her. Her case remains unsolved. The car she was driving, a gray Mazda Tribute she’d borrowed from a friend, was found abandoned on the Cecil Jackson Bypass, one mile from the flea market and facing the opposite direction. Two windows on the driver’s side were missing and the driver’s side door handle was broken.

Gone without a trace? Misery, mystery linger in these Alabama missing child cases

QANZRDM6CJHHVKRQPYADH3J54I.JPG

Tarasha Benjamin, pictured here, was last seen in Selma, Alabama on June 26, 2010.

Shortly after around 9 a.m. on June 26, 2010, Tarasha Benjamin, then 17, left home to go to a flea market in Selma with her mother’s friend.

“She goes every Saturday. For some reason, I just felt something, a feeling in my body that something was wrong," the girl’s mother, Regina Benjamin, told WSFA in a 2017 interview.

Around 2 hours later, at about 11 a.m., Regina recalled she phoned relatives to find out if anyone had seen her daughter and described the vehicle the girl was in when she left home, a gray Mazda Tribute that belonged to Regina’s friend.

A cousin, she told the station, spotted the vehicle “just sitting on the side of the road” with nobody inside around a mile from the flea market. “Now I'm thinking something happened.”

Regina grew even more alarmed when her friend who owned the truck showed up around 1 p.m. and said she allowed Tarasha to borrow the vehicle from her and wanted to know where she was.
Regina called the police.

"And that was the last time she was seen,” Regina said. “The vehicle was up the bypass. My family and I went out searching everywhere. We haven't seen her since that morning.”

According to The Charley Project, the driver’s side of the vehicle was missing two windows and had a broken door handle. It appeared someone had rummaged through the truck, throwing items on the ground outside.

Despite law enforcement launching an extensive search for the teenager and several initially promising tips coming to the attention of detectives through the years, the case “is as cold as it can get,” Regina has said.

The Selma Police Department continues to investigate the disappearance but officials say they are hopeful the public can provide new leads that might help crack the case. “Maybe someday someone will break,” Regina once said of witnesses coming forward to shed light on what happened to her youngest child.

Theories about Tarasha’s whereabouts include concerns she may be in Florida and the victim of sex trafficking or speculation something may have happened between her and a person she was dating at the time, according to reports.

“I miss her and I'm going to keep looking until she gets here,” Regina has vowed of her daughter, who would now be 30. “I don't care how long it takes but she will be coming home.”

Tarasha was 5 feet, 2 inches and weighed around 125 pounds when she went missing. She has a tattoo of her nickname “Pooh” on her upper right arm or shoulder area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back