Alexis Murphy Search Discussion / Remains located December 2020

It makes sense how Randy Allen Taylor was familiar with Alexis Murphy, despite not personally knowing her. The area was described as a small town where everyone knew each other, and both Taylor and Murphy frequented the gas station where she was last seen alive. Taylor would always go to the gas station alone, at least three times a week, to purchase cigarettes, a meal at the attached McDonald’s, or to sit in the parking lot for hours and gawk at the young females who went in and out of the station. Murphy was also frequently seen at the gas station. It is close to her home, and her family described her as a creature of habit, who would purchase frappes from McDonald’s and gas, often the same days at the same times. It’s understandable Taylor saw her enough times to get her routine figured out.

So to give you a picture of this area that the news can't really explain. That stretch of 29 from Amherst County to that Lovingston gas station is empty. A scattered house here and there, one very, very small community called Thomas Terrace, but other than that nothing but trees. The same goes for Lovingston to Charlottesville. So This tiny town/area sits right in the middle of a 2 hour stretch of scenery. Across from the gas station and Food Lion is a little bit of a town area that turns off of 29 and this is where the people live but from 29, you only see a small store and a road that seems to lead virtually nowhere but actually goes into the town. There is a stoplight at this crossroads. At the woods mill area just up from there you have a wayside area where people can go to the river or turn off toward all the vineyards and see more scenery for a while. Very near to the corner of of River Rd and 29 in the woods mill area is another small gas station and the parking area I've previously mentioned I think RAT was dropped off at. That gas station sells fried chicken, homemade biscuits, and home-cooked type gas station food and they also have gas. I think it's still an Exxon if that's even important (76 has been buying up Exxon's around here so I'm not sure). They stop serving food at 4 or 4:30 I believe and they were likely closed by the time RAT got dropped off that night.

Outside of that, if you want food or entertainment, you have to go to Lynchburg, Amherst county or Charlottesville or turn on your TV. There is a scattered attraction or two between Lovingston and Charlottesville, a whiskey museum and a vineyard that does tours or has a restaurant (never been so I forget which). There's 2-3 mom and pop stores, a flea market/antique store and maybe 20 houses visible from Rt. 29 - and not necessarily close to the road - and some side roads that lead to more scattered homes.

Honesty, every time I go through there I think, if I wreck out here how the heck will I explain to a tow truck where I am and will I even have signal to call someone. There's no mile markers, landmarks or really anything to tell you where you are along the path. You just have to know. So it's no wonder the 'good ol boys' find this so easy a place to stalk women and hide bodies.

I am more than confident that her remains are near Woods Mill. Why else would he have requested to be dropped off 3 miles from her camper

I wrote to RAT using an aliases hoping he would want someone to talk to. I was hoping If he talked, he may give info on where her remains are. Sadly he had a buddy of his in prison with him write back saying he trusts no one

I wrote to RAT using an aliases hoping he would want someone to talk to. I was hoping If he talked, he may give info on where her remains are. Sadly he had a buddy of his in prison with him write back saying he trusts no one

Wow, so he didn't even write you back himself. I guess you can't blame him for not trusting anyone. He probably would slip up and talk.

Wow, so he didn't even write you back himself. I guess you can't blame him for not trusting anyone. He probably would slip up and talk.
I was pissed. I even said I was trying to be a shoulder to cry on and he refused to write back. I’m shocked he has a friend in the prison. It’s not right he will never tell. He’s pure evil. A monster. The devil. I wonder if he told his friend anything

I was pissed. I even said I was trying to be a shoulder to cry on and he refused to write back. I’m shocked he has a friend in the prison. It’s not right he will never tell. He’s pure evil. A monster. The devil.

Is state route 742 a potential dumping ground? It’s near woods mill

Definitely, that is one of the roads I was thinking could be a good place to hide her. I'm just not sure if they already searched it. I know they searched along the Rockfish River but, the places I saw along that road it would be easy to hide just about anything and passers by would not see it without really looking hard. The properties in the area are mostly closed off where you can't see what's on them, either by trees or fences/gates.

I'm certain he would have turned down one of these back roads off of 29. If you cut through Schulyer you can get to the UVA/Carmike Cinemas area of Charlottesville just as easily as 29 and the drive is only ab0ut 10 minutes longer than taking 29 but is all local roads. He could have turned out of his driveway in the dark when there was little to no traffic out, turned down Rockfish River Road to cut across Schulyer and went from there undetected. There are a ton of opportunities along that route to drop the body and since it's not heavily traveled, if he did it quickly, he could do so without being caught. He wouldn't even have to find a place to pull off the road. I sincerely hope that they searched that route in its entirety. He could have tossed her along that route the night he dropped the car. There's no street lights on that route - at least not that I recall.

Definitely, that is one of the roads I was thinking could be a good place to hide her. I'm just not sure if they already searched it. I know they searched along the Rockfish River but, the places I saw along that road it would be easy to hide just about anything and passers by would not see it without really looking hard. The properties in the area are mostly closed off where you can't see what's on them, either by trees or fences/gates.

I'm certain he would have turned down one of these back roads off of 29. If you cut through Schulyer you can get to the UVA/Carmike Cinemas area of Charlottesville just as easily as 29 and the drive is only ab0ut 10 minutes longer than taking 29 but is all local roads. He could have turned out of his driveway in the dark when there was little to no traffic out, turned down Rockfish River Road to cut across Schulyer and went from there undetected. There are a ton of opportunities along that route to drop the body and since it's not heavily traveled, if he did it quickly, he could do so without being caught. He wouldn't even have to find a place to pull off the road. I sincerely hope that they searched that route in its entirety. He could have tossed her along that route the night he dropped the car. There's no street lights on that route - at least not that I recall.
I bet that’s where her remains are

Breaking News Today, Alexis Murphy's remains were found. Statement from her family:
“Our family is so grateful for the continuing love, support and prayers for Alexis and our family over the past 7 years. While we have been grieving the loss of Alexis since 2013, we remained hopeful that she would be found alive and well. Alexis was the fashionista, athlete and joker of our family; we were blessed to have loved her for 17 years and her memory will continue to live on through us all. Our family would like to extend a heartfelt thanks and sincere gratitude to the citizens of Nelson County, the FBI, the Virginia State Police, the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office and all of the search and rescue teams for your commitment and unwavering support to find Alexis. You all kept the promise made in 2013, to bring Alexis home!

During this time, we ask that you continue to lift our family up in prayer and in the words of Alexis, ‘Keep Hope Alive’.”

Nelson Co. Sheriff’s Office: Remains of Alexis Murphy found

I’m so happy! Now she can have a funeral
Breaking News Today, Alexis Murphy's remains were found. Statement from her family:
“Our family is so grateful for the continuing love, support and prayers for Alexis and our family over the past 7 years. While we have been grieving the loss of Alexis since 2013, we remained hopeful that she would be found alive and well. Alexis was the fashionista, athlete and joker of our family; we were blessed to have loved her for 17 years and her memory will continue to live on through us all. Our family would like to extend a heartfelt thanks and sincere gratitude to the citizens of Nelson County, the FBI, the Virginia State Police, the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office and all of the search and rescue teams for your commitment and unwavering support to find Alexis. You all kept the promise made in 2013, to bring Alexis home!

During this time, we ask that you continue to lift our family up in prayer and in the words of Alexis, ‘Keep Hope Alive’.”

Nelson Co. Sheriff’s Office: Remains of Alexis Murphy found

The remains, found about five miles from where the teenager was last seen alive in 2013, were discovered in December 2020 and positively identified as the missing girl earlier this month.

Our family is so grateful for the continuing love, support, and prayers for Alexis and our family over the past seven years," her family released in a statement. "While we have been grieving the loss of Alexis since 2013, we remained hopeful that she would be found alive and well."
https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/alexis-murphy-remains

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back