Alexis Murphy Search Discussion / Remains located December 2020

According to the sheriff’s office, her remains were located on private property near Stagebridge Road on December 3. The remains were transported to the

BBM:

Does anyone know the area or distance from the gas station and RAT camper where she was found?
Was this area searched?
Nelson Co. Sheriff’s Office: Remains of Alexis Murphy found

The remains, found about five miles from where the teenager was last seen alive in 2013, were discovered in December 2020 and positively identified as the missing girl earlier this month.

Our family is so grateful for the continuing love, support, and prayers for Alexis and our family over the past seven years," her family released in a statement. "While we have been grieving the loss of Alexis since 2013, we remained hopeful that she would be found alive and well."
https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/alexis-murphy-remains

Wow just 5 miles rip alexis.

According to the sheriff’s office, her remains were located on private property near Stagebridge Road on December 3. The remains were transported to the

BBM:

Does anyone know the area or distance from the gas station and RAT camper where she was found?
Was this area searched?
@Mistree , it's a little over 5 miles from the McDonald's/Liberty gas station where Alexis was seen on security cameras ,and RAT was seen there also. RAT's camper was about 1 1/2 miles from the Liberty gas station, off of Rt. 29.

Nothing much to add but WOW just saw on the local news!! I am so beyond relieved for her family. So glad they finally have some answers and can lay her body to rest. Seven years. Wow.

Glad that (seemingly) had nothing to do with this discovery. He did wrong from start to finish and he’ll go to the grave with that on his conscious. Glad he’ll rot in jail.

This is such sad yet wonderful news. I remember him (RAT) offering to give up the location in exchange for a lesser sentence and her family told him exactly where he could stick his offer. So glad she was brought home to her loved ones and no need to make any deals with that devil. I wonder if this explains the renewed interest in Samantha Clarke's case - I hope she can be found next!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 9.54.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 9.54.17 AM.png
    845.1 KB · Views: 38

BBM:

Was this area searched?

This road is literally maybe a mile from where he lived. That area is very wooded and the only thing notable in that area is a Almost Home Pet Adoption center. My daughter and I volunteered a year ago and so we would walk the dogs on Stagebridge Road. Its very secluded and very little traffic except for residents who live there. Not sure if that area was ever searched

Alexis Murphy: Nearly 8 years later, remains found of teen girl who vanished from gas station
he News & Advocate reports that the remains of Alexis Murphy were found at private property close to Stagebridge Road, off of U.S. 29 in Lovingston, on December 3, 2020. On February 5, 2021, the Central District Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond confirmed that the remains were positively identified.

Alexis disappeared on August 3, 2013, after she went to a gas station in Lovingston. Stagebridge Road is around 3.5 miles from the gas station Murphy was last seen at.

Attachments

• EucnWbHXEAADJyA.jpg
    EucnWbHXEAADJyA.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 16

[URL='https://twitter.com/FBIRichmond']FBI Richmond [URL='https://twitter.com/FBIRichmond']@FBIRichmond
[/URL][/URL]Feb 17

2013 Kidnapping/Murder Investigation Update: Nelson County Sheriff's Office, #FBIRichmond and @VSPPIO
Announce the Recovery of Alexis Tiara Murphy's Remains.

VA State Police @VSPPIO Feb 17

Replying to @FBIRichmond
Persistence & fortitude of the #Nelson Co. Sheriff, #VSP & @FBIRichmond working this case for the past 7 years are what led them to Alexis. As we keep her family in our thoughts & prayers, we are hopeful they are able to find peace & comfort in knowing she is no longer missing.

Anyone know exactly how close to the perp's trailer her body was found?

Ok, I now have read... maybe 5 miles @ Stagebridge Road (Rte 623)

So glad the family has some closure and can bury her daughter.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back