All about Aliahna

A memorial service will be held later this week for the 9-year-old Fort Wayne girl who police say was slain and dismembered by her babysitter.

The gathering will take place on Thursday night at the First Assembly of God in Fort Wayne to remember Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon.
http://www.wndu.com/indiana/headlin...y_for_slain_girl_in_Fort_Wayne_136614088.html

and

"Why did he have to do that to her?" elementary school classmate K******** S******* told WANE-TV."She didn't do anything to him at all."

The girls became friends in Hagerstown, Md., before Lemmon moved with her family to Fort Wayne, Ind., to take care of Aliahna's dying grandfather.

S******* described her friend as "trustworthy" and "kindhearted." The two girls, who kept in touch by phone and over Facebook, had planned to speak on Christmas day and share what gifts they received.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/03/aliahna-lemmon-remembered_n_1180770.html

Name of minor child redacted by me.

Regarding the closed mouth smile, is it possible that she just picked that up from her mother. TS, in several observations, seems to have very sunken in cheeks and lips, meaning that she could have no teeth, which means that Ali has likely seen her mom with bad teeth. From personal experience, people with bad teeth tend to smile close mouthed, and lower their head in photos, both things that I have noticed with Ali.

I'm not saying that is what it is, but it's just something that I have observed with my own kids, picking it up from me.

Her hair was colored more than once imoo. She's been blonde, dark brown and highlighted according to her pictures. I won't say why I think her hair's been dyed. imoo

Actually, I am quite interested in your thoughts on the hair dye thing -- stipulating ahead of time that it is understood that this is not necessarily your theory in this case or about this particular girl... why might her hair have been dyed?

Thanks in advance.

So adorable. It reminds me of my nieces love for Hannah Montana at one time. So innocent and sweet. I bet she wanted to be a rock star. But... the house is a mess! I know trailers are small, but it looks like junk just taking up room. Unsanitary drunk at that.

:tears:

Actually, I am quite interested in your thoughts on the hair dye thing -- stipulating ahead of time that it is understood that this is not necessarily your theory in this case or about this particular girl... why might her haor have been dyed?

Thanks in advance.
Chris,
I fear this precious child was used in some type of child *advertiser censored*. Was her hair colored to make identifying her more difficult? IDK, I am only speculating.
Fearfully speculating. imoo

Chris,
I fear this precious child was used in some type of child *advertiser censored*. Was her hair colored to make identifying her more difficult? IDK, I am only speculating.

I was worrying about the exact same thing. She was WAY too young for any responsible adult (were there any of those around, though???!!!) to color her hair for other than nefarious reasons! Big fat red flag.

I was worrying about the exact same thing. She was WAY too young for any responsible adult (were there any of those around, though???!!!) to color her hair for other than nefarious reasons! Big fat red flag.

Nefriahaia,
Exactly what I thought as well. Huge red flag. It doesn't seem like she had any responsible adults around her. :( imoo

In the 8 yr old birthday picture taken at a distance she is smiling kind of big looks like she is missing some teeth and in the picture of her up close where she is wearing the same clothes holding the dog she has a bit of a tighter smile and cant see her teeth. My daughter lost her first tooth the day before Thanksgiving and her second Christmas Eve that girl would not give me one of her famous big teethy smiles to save my life unless I took the picture from across the room. So that could be it.

It could also be who was on the other side of the camera taking the picture. In some pictures to me it seems she is more at ease then in others.
RBBM
Definite possibility. I also see the "toothy" picture as more of a candid shot and the "closed mouth" photo as a "posed" shot..."toothy" caught in action and "closed mouth" where someone said, "smile for the camera" type thing.

It's a downright crying shame that TS didn't have the COMMON SENSE to ask Miss Norma if the girls could stay with her!

Couldn't even take the price sticker off, my daughter's where brought by the easter bunny,no price tags.

It might have been an Easter gift from someone other than the Easter Bunny. My brothers/parents/friends bought gifts for my girls every year and chances were the tags were on them still :)

It's a downright crying shame that TS didn't have the COMMON SENSE to ask Miss Norma if the girls could stay with her!

2 reasons that wasn't an option.

TS may have been afraid of what kind of questions Miss Norma may ask and what Aliahna and the other girls would say. Either questioning something they say or did in front of her. Children that are abused can show some clear signs sometimes.

TS may have been so brainwashed that she felt safer with the girls going to MP then going with Miss Norma. Still not a good excuse to those of us on the outside but to her it may have been a good excuse.

2 reasons that wasn't an option.

TS may have been afraid of what kind of questions Miss Norma may ask and what Aliahna and the other girls would say. Either questioning something they say or did in front of her. Children that are abused can show some clear signs sometimes.

TS may have been so brainwashed that she felt safer with the girls going to MP then going with Miss Norma. Still not a good excuse to those of us on the outside but to her it may have been a good excuse.

To be sure, ol' Uncle Mike sensed the signs of abuse, too. And his prey just walked right into his trap.

To those of us on the "normal" end of things, someone like Miss Norma, a grandma, would seem like the OBVIOUS choice for a caregiver, and MP wouldn't even be on the spectrum of possibilities for a babysitter, not for 5 friggin' minutes!

Hair dye could be temp...spray on costume stuff or maybe left over from TS since TS hair is shorter. If permanent dye I would think it would stay in longer or would be difficult to remove via at home and more expensive to do if at salon. It could be Ali just wanted to have some fun.

I personally don't think that every single action that was done by this NEST of a family was evil in intention. They've made some horrible, horrible choices and seem to be very narrow minded as far as understanding what the right thing to do is, especially as parents. I'm certainly not trying to take up for them but I do have to say that in a lot of the pictures, the children seem happy. They had each other at least to play with. The fact that these people actually took pictures of the kids (outdoors, in the house, holidays, gatherings) says something. I don't think any of the pictures seem "sexualized" or out of the ordinary for the most part. They just look like hard scrabble little kids born into a crappy life. That said, ultimately these parents should have stopped this, stopped having unprotected sex, stopped having kids with anyone and everyone's brother/sister. Unfortunately they didn't and what is even more sad is this can't be the only family like this. JMHO btw...

Not sure if I expressed that exactly how I wanted but not everything has to have a negative outcome or purpose.

Chris,

Smart... I had never even considered that!

All about Aliahna

Ali's Memorial Service is going to be held on Thursday, Jan. 5th.

Link

:cry:

Looking at her memory wall it is interesting how very few words of comfort are directed at her family.

I signed her memory book and I only spoke to Aliahna...I did mention justice for ALL that harmed her or put her in harms way but I was very polite about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back