All About Chloroform#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, I agree.

I have been (in a round about way), trying to point out that nothing KC "searched" on the internet is necessarily likely to be involved with the crime.
In my view chloroform is just as unlikely as shovel

HP, as a daughter and daughter-in-law of Brits, I must inform you that subtlety is lost on Americans. However, the winking smiley is of some use if you wish to telegraph sarcasm. e.g., ;)

I still don't know what you think LE has your back on exactly.

KC did not make Chloroform.

Almost nobody does.

A few pin head computer nerds perhaps, then they have no use for it anyway.

This case has not turned up any chloroform other than "Raised level" that is likely ppm.

No bottles with residue, nobody amoungst all the wittnesses ever even saw any?

So far there is none.

But there is a SHOVEL!!!

Ps A spade is a quite dfferent tool to a shovel.

I can certainly see the labs getting excited enough to mention this in their reports, having more tests done for it, discussing it with the investigator on a phone call, and the investigator in turn asking the forensic computer lab tech to look for it on the computers because it was a few parts per million over what would usually be found. I don't get it, as you refer to this being investigated to eliminate it, but it hasn't been. Second test showed....chloroform. Computer investigation showed....chloroform. Search after body found showed....we don't know yet. Back to your 'shovel theory', (and I did understand it as analogy when you first brought it up) the shovel was investigated, not as a murder weapon, but it has still been eliminated. The chloroform hasn't. We are just coming at this from 2 different directions. I am looking at this from an investigative point of view, therefore, because of evidence I have seen, I believe in the chloroform until it has been ruled out. My interpretation of the report as it stands is both cleaning solvents and human decomp have been ruled out as a cause for the unusually high levels found. Unless something else comes along, that leaves actual chloroform.
Lanie

HP, as a daughter and daughter-in-law of Brits, I must inform you that subtlety is lost on Americans. However, the winking smiley is of some use if you wish to telegraph sarcasm. e.g., ;)
You shouldn't paint with such a broad brush. Some Americans appreciate subtlety.

I have always enjoyed British understatement.

Monty Python and Stanley Holloway come to mind.

Now, now. This American got it, and put a big smiley on her response. Contrary to popular belief, we aren't all as dumb as rocks.
Lanie
JFTR, I know dumb means mute, rocks are inanimate, and a spade and a shovel are two different things. It's just an expression. :crazy:

Chloroform is not hard to obtain. It is easily ordered online. It is easily made. The ingredients to make it are easily obtained. I can go to my local home improvement store and buy acetone and pool shock all day long. I haven't found the link yet, so feel free to take this as rumor, but IIRC the tattoo guy said he uses chloroform to clean his equipment.
Lanie
Shovel is easier.

KC did not pop next door to borrow a cup of chloroform.

Now, now. This American got it, and put a big smiley on her response. Contrary to popular belief, we aren't all as dumb as rocks.
Lanie
JFTR, I know dumb means mute, rocks are inanimate, and a spade and a shovel are two different things. It's just an expression. :crazy:
Lanie. I didn't want to chide Hercule in the middle of his taunt, because that would have been rude and spoiled a good taunt.

But in your defense, although a shovel may not always be a spade, a spade is indeed always a shovel.

Well... as far as gardening tools at any rate, but lets not go into all that.

I have not said I am Brit.

I could be an alien? (As in UFO type)
I'm a US fan and admirer.

I can certainly see the labs getting excited enough to mention this in their reports, having more tests done for it, discussing it with the investigator on a phone call, and the investigator in turn asking the forensic computer lab tech to look for it on the computers because it was a few parts per million over what would usually be found. I don't get it, as you refer to this being investigated to eliminate it, but it hasn't been. Second test showed....chloroform. Computer investigation showed....chloroform. Search after body found showed....we don't know yet. Back to your 'shovel theory', (and I did understand it as analogy when you first brought it up) the shovel was investigated, not as a murder weapon, but it has still been eliminated. The chloroform hasn't. We are just coming at this from 2 different directions. I am looking at this from an investigative point of view, therefore, because of evidence I have seen, I believe in the chloroform until it has been ruled out. My interpretation of the report as it stands is both cleaning solvents and human decomp have been ruled out as a cause for the unusually high levels found. Unless something else comes along, that leaves actual chloroform.
Lanie
LE are doing all this mostly for you Lanie!

They have to investigate to shut people up.

Especially any likely tactic by defense to confuse the issue with reference to something LE failed to check.

Lanie
Let me STRESS here:

It was not me who made negative US comment!

I admire the place greatly. Especially the attitude and spirit of the people.

I have not said I am Brit.

I could be an alien? (As in UFO type)
I'm a US fan and admirer.
(bold above by me)

They are using subtle verbal cues (our clever sleuths).

Perhaps you should paste a reminder by the "u" key on your keyboard?

(bold above by me)

They are using subtle verbal cues (our clever sleuths).

Perhaps you should paste a reminder by the "u" key on your keyboard?
I go along with some US spelling. Bill Gates sees to that by defaulting to US dictionary.

I just think Colour, needs the "u" Why don't you americans go along on just that word?

I go along with some US spelling. Bill Gates sees to that by defaulting to US dictionary.

I just think Colour, needs the "u" Why don't you americans go along on just that word?
I'm game.

Maybe we could start an international show of solidarity.

Vass, Rickenbach, LE...idiots all. Imagine...doing an actual search for virtual chlororform. And a judge with no power of deductive reasoning? That's right. He signed that silly search warrant.

How do they pick 'em?! :doh:

Getting serious for a minute here. I understand that people have differing opinions and I have no problem with that. This place would be quite boring without that element. I believe we're all (most?) on Caylee's side. If the chloroform turns out to be a red herring, or unusable as evidence, I'll have no problem with admitting I was wrong.

P.S. Is the straw shovel still behind bars or has it been returned to the bosom of its family?

Lanie. I didn't want to chide Hercule in the middle of his taunt, because that would have been rude and spoiled a good taunt.

But in your defense, although a shovel may not always be a spade, a spade is indeed always a shovel.

Well... as far as gardening tools at any rate, but lets not go into all that.

Bolded by me. I actually thought so, but who am I to argue?
Lanie

LE are doing all this mostly for you Lanie!

They have to investigate to shut people up.

Especially any likely tactic by defense to confuse the issue with reference to something LE failed to check.

Bolded by me.

It's nice to be considered in their investigation. I am feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
Lanie

Because, if we give in on that, the next thing you'll want is for us to start driving on the left side of the road.
Lanie

Vass, Rickenbach, LE...idiots all. Imagine...doing an actual search for virtual chlororform. And a judge with no power of deductive reasoning? That's right. He signed that silly search warrant.

How do they pick 'em?! :doh:

Getting serious for a minute here. I understand that people have differing opinions and I have no problem with that. This place would be quite boring without that element. I believe we're all (most?) on Caylee's side. If the chloroform turns out to be a red herring, or unusable as evidence, I'll have no problem with admitting I was wrong.

P.S. Is the straw shovel still behind bars or has it been returned to the bosom of its family?
Last I heard the shovel had lawyered up but was still in custody?

I will have absolutely NO EMBARRASSMENT if chloroform turns out to be involved.

My point has always been there is no evidence YET!

Based on my knowledge, particularly of people with similar personalities etc to KC I think chloroform unlikely obtained, made, or used by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member