All About Chloroform#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this one--on CSI, which was supposedly one of KC's favorite shows according to her "Cupid" profile:

CSI, May 15, 2008: Warrick is found next to Gedda, who is dead. Warrick cannot remember what happened. "A CSI reports they found chloroform in Gedda's blood. Grissom orders Warrick's blood tested because chloroform can cause short term memory loss. But it's too late, it disappears in the blood too quickly."

http://www.tv.com/csi/for-gedda-1/episode/1192526/recap.html?tag=content_wrap;episode_header

CSI Miami, March 31, 2008:

Tripp and Delko scour the rest stop and find evidence in the bathroom of an abduction--the smell of chloroform emanates from the paper towel holder, and Delko discovers blood behind the damaged holder.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:bv9gPl797MUJ:www.tv.com/csi-miami/ambush-1/episode/1182436/recap.html+site:tv.com+2008+chloroform&cd=22&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

April 1, 2008:

When Ryan and Natalia find traces of chloroform on the car, they wonder if there is a connection between Calleigh's kidnapping and Kathleen Newberry's abduction and murder.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JNY-j4yDC68J:www.tv.com/csi-miami/all-in-2/episode/1184571/recap.html+site:tv.com+2008+chloroform&cd=23&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

So...anyone know if Casey watched General Hospital at 3pm on WFTV after George went off to work??

"Chloraform" searches were March 17 and March 21, 2008.

GH Wednesday February 27, 2008

Quote:
Realizing that he was the Text Message Killer, Elizabeth tried to flee. Diego caught her before she got too far and dragged her into the apartment where he used chloroform and then hand cuffed her in the backseat of his car.

GH Tuesday March 4, 2008:

Quote:
As soon as Nik disappeared out of sight, Diego stepped out from the shadows. He quickly subdued Nadine by drugging her with chloroform and then tied her to the bottom of an elevator shaft.

GH Wednesday March 5, 2008:

Quote:
Spinelli tried out his new detective skills, but he was pretty useless after taking a deep whiff of a chloroform-soaked cloth.

GH Thursday March 6, 2008:

Quote:
Nadine heard him making noise since she was laying on the bottom of the elevator shaft with rope tied around her and duct tape around her mouth.

http://sun10397.dn.net/gh/whoswho/nadine.php

http://sun10397.dn.net/gh/recaps/2008/080303.php

ETA--sometime in February 2008:

Quote:
Sam manages to get free of the duct tape that binds her to the chair and tries to escape through the ducts but Diego set it up so it would lead her right back to him. Diego returns to the warehouse, uses duct tape to tape her mouth shut and bind her hands, and takes her to his car at gunpoint where he puts her in the trunk of his car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Alcazar
Diego_Alcazar

Quoting myself--bad form I know. ;)

p. 13633 of Casey's letters released today: "I wonder what I've missed on General Hospital?" :eek:

p. 13659 of letters: "One of the good things about being the Day PC [?], I get to watch General Hospital (yes, I'm hooked!)"

p. 13633 of Casey's letters released today: "I wonder what I've missed on General Hospital?" :eek:

p. 13659 of letters: "One of the good things about being the Day PC [?], I get to watch General Hospital (yes, I'm hooked!)"

eek is right! This is proof that KC likes watching soaps.
Since I wrote it down, let me elaborate -

KC mentions in her letter to Robyn that she hasn't watched TV for a week and then writes -

p.13633 -"I wonder what I've missed on General Hospital? I can't believe I'm so hooked on stupid day time soaps. During the summers, if I wasn't doing AAU or training camps, I would lay out after breakfast, shower, and hunkerdown in bed for the Young and the Restless and Days of our Lives. It was far more entertaining as a young teen than it is now; but what else is there to watch on our limited station choices in the middle of the day?"

eek is right! This is proof that KC likes watching soaps.
Since I wrote it down, let me elaborate -

KC mentions in her letter to Robyn that she hasn't watched TV for a week and then writes -

p.13633 -"I wonder what I've missed on General Hospital? I can't believe I'm so hooked on stupid day time soaps. During the summers, if I wasn't doing AAU or training camps, I would lay out after breakfast, shower, and hunkerdown in bed for the Young and the Restless and Days of our Lives. It was far more entertaining as a young teen than it is now; but what else is there to watch on our limited station choices in the middle of the day?"

Someone needs to send this to Dective Yuri.

As soon as I read that in the KC letters I jumped in to do a search for the word "general" with your hat as the author, just to send some kudos on great sleuthing. :dance:

I'm sure you probably will send this info to detectives, but just writing to encourage you to do so (pretty please).
You are so very diligent, instead of Lawyer you may have missed your calling as a detective!

The timing of the cholorform shows fit, wow - good find AZlawyer.

General Hospital also airs on SOAPnet at 10:00PM ET five days a week (as well as other times such as five shows in a row on a given afternoon, for instance, Sunday I could watch the show beginning at 2PM CT (Monday's show), through 6PM (Friday's show).

I'm not sure if this is the same schedule that was in place in 2008.

The soaps are available online, too. Check out the network websites for ABC, NBC, and CBS. Full episodes. One could have a private soap opera marathon 24/7. No longer do we have to set aside a specific hour to watch our favorite shows as they air. KC could have watched them anytime via computer.

AZlawyer, that's some good sleuthin'. May I hire you to represent me, just in case? What's your going retainer rate? Eh? You seem to know about getting down to the teeny tiny details, more than some Florida-based, only Hispanic defense attorney who's going to be world-famous because he files frivolous motions and wastes lots and lots of court time and tax payer dollars.

OCSO Supplemental Report

One time while at Casey's house after Casey was released from jail in Aug, Annie asked Casey about what the chloroform in the trunk was all about. Casey said she had cleaning solutions back there.

I recently read this in the docs. Interesting.

...js...

OCSO Supplemental Report

One time while at Casey's house after Casey was released from jail in Aug, Annie asked Casey about what the chloroform in the trunk was all about. Casey said she had cleaning solutions back there.

I recently read this in the docs. Interesting.

...js...
Yes, I remember the claim that there was laundry detergent in the trunk. Would a sealed bottle emit that much chloroform? I've always wondered if the chloroform was a by product of cleaning that was done. A decomposing body aside, there is much information I need spelled out about the trunk.

Anyone think Casey could have tossed a pool cleaning tablet in the trunk? To mask the smell and try to clean the trunk? If so, I think it would have dissolved in the trunk in the FL heat, maybe contributing to the high levels of chloroform?:waitasec:

Anyone think Casey could have tossed a pool cleaning tablet in the trunk? To mask the smell and try to clean the trunk? If so, I think it would have dissolved in the trunk in the FL heat, maybe contributing to the high levels of chloroform?:waitasec:

Like chlorine tablets?

But those alone would not make up chloroform. Chloroform would be the pool shock mixed with acetone.

Pool shock is chlorine in large amounts. So if a chlorine tablet was placed in the trunk they would have detected chlorine, not chloroform.

MOO

The A's did not use clorine tablets in their pool. They used an environmental friendly type of cleaner.

Like chlorine tablets?

But those alone would not make up chloroform. Chloroform would be the pool shock mixed with acetone.

Pool shock is chlorine in large amounts. So if a chlorine tablet was placed in the trunk they would have detected chlorine, not chloroform.

MOO

IIRC the idea was that some chlorine that may have been in the trunk of the car either by transfer or accident, could have mixed with some acetone introduced to the trunk during a cleaning of it and produced Chloroform.

Sounds a little far fetched to me, but thought that's how it was going to be explained away before the defense decided to throw the whole lot out under the banner of 'junk science'.

Or did they only decide to nix this idea once it became established that the Anthony's didn't use Chlorine in their pool as mentioned up thread?

That being said, I wish I felt more confident in the Chloroform results myself, it just seems a little bit unlikely somehow.

First to answer you question as a whole...NO

BBM: If you are referring to Chlorine tablets, they would NOT dissolve from the heat. They would need to be in contact with a liquid to start dissolving and would need a good amount to dissolve the whole tablet (depending on the size...(i.e. 1inch or 3inch tabs). One of my 3inch tabs takes about a week to fully dissolve, totally submerged in my skimmer.

I leave my pool tablets outside all summer, never dissolve until put in water. Also sometimes I don't use all the Chlorine tabs I have and save them for the following season with no change in their form or function.

They do however, emit a very noxious odor/gas when not in water and just sitting in the container. It is one of those times you need to be really careful opening up the container. Don't have your face directly over it (I've done it) it takes over your oxygen supply and becomes hard to breathe if you don't remove yourself immediately. Coughing and throat/nasal burning can occur. JMO and experience.

http://www.wesh.com/r/25683818/detail.html

Thank you to Websleuths Today's Current News Thread for this link.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A single document released by the prosecution in the Casey Anthony murder case shows the state is looking to Europe for help in supporting its theory of premeditation.

Prosecutors want to eliminate any possibility that their own investigators could have introduced chloroform into Anthony's car while processing it for evidence.

The document, which was released as part of more than 900 pages of evidence in the case, shows prosecutors are working to support their theory that chloroform was used to knock out and kill Caylee Anthony.

Prosecutors claim air tests that were run inside of Anthony's car detected large amounts of chloroform.

My son dropped a cholorine puck into the liner of the pool. The puck literally bleached the dark blue plaid lining white....Huge white spot.

So, most likely you would have seen a white bleach stain....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg