ALL Movie-TV-Book Connections to friends and fabrications

Brenda was having an affair with Billy, a man from the projects. She would feed Cody cough syrup, telling him it was night vitamins, to get him to sleep, so she could spend time with the man without interruption. One night, the night Billy would end this relationship, Cody wouldn’t go down and they had a fight. Brenda walked out to see the man, despite her son's warnings that she would be sorry. When she returned, she found Cody dead under the table. He’d overdosed on the cough syrup. When Brenda realized what happened, she lost it, not knowing what to do. She drove out to the woods and dug his grave with her bare hands. Then she called her ex-lover and asked him to help. He carried Cody out there, buried him and put the rocks over the grave - both as a tribute and to keep animals away. Lorenzo signs an arrest warrant, and both Brenda and Billy are taken away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedomland_(film)

whoa. that was really crazy reading that.

I am truly surprised no one has brought this up yet - at least today. In the document, the image of Casey's myspace page says she is watching American Psycho.

I've always thought, wow, that's so appropriate for her. The film is about people who only care about money and power, besides of course, that the subject of the film is a serial killer.

Could someone let me know if Cindy is really on The Today Show this morning? If so, would there be a link to see it?

Thanks,
DA

I have thought about this also, even mentioned it on another thread. There are some other things to add to this discussion such as her "new friends" went to Full Sail which is a film/multimedia school. Her current boyfriend was a senior at that school, if the roommate was truthful. Also, the apartment she took the police to was exactly the one that ZG actually looked at (apt. #210), not just any old apartment in the complex. Furthermore, the apartment has been vacant for a very long time. Where I am from that long of a vacancy is odd, may not for that part of Fla., but anyway I was thinking that maybe the apartment was actually used for shooting scenes, managers could be getting a little something for keeping it vacant. Just a thought, also jmo.

Can someone clarify this for me? I'm thinking maybe I saw it in the 400 page docs, but I thought that the apartment ZG looked at was actually the "model apartment" which is directly above apartment 210? This could potentially be an important piece of the puzzle - anyone have any solid information on this?

In comparing this situation with where CA came up with her theory, Freedomland is good comparative match.

There is also a movie based on actual events that Lifetime (LMN) has shown several times called "Baby Snatcher" ... NM I can't really picture CA watching LMN, and this movie is based more on the tunnel vision LE can have.

Someone commented that parts of Casey's poem come from a movie line in Spiderman. I wonder if she just watched TV and movies while she was supposed to be at work? I am wondering what other movie correlations there are.

What about also doing away with her parents? She made claims that the family home was to be turned over to her. . .maybe she had more grandiose plans that we have not even thought of??????

Not to argue, but I saw that movie and that is not what I remember happening. Are you sure you are thinking of Gone Baby Gone?

WARNING I'm going to ruin the movie as well..
The mother does leave the little girl so she can hang out with her boyfriend or whatever, but the mother doesn't accidently overdose her, since the little girl isn't even dead, they find her alive and well with the police captian who along with the girls uncle faked her death and were going to have the little girl live with the police captian. At the end the girl is returned to her mother unfortunately.

Yes this is what happened. I also recall that the mother initially thought the child had actually been kidnapped by her drug dealer because she had ripped him off. Turns out thats not what happened at all.

I just saw this movie today. Things about it reminded me of Casey.
I so wish Caylee will be found alive but I know that will not happen.

I wonder if Casey watched a movie or some movies and came up with her plan to be "rid" of her daughter?

I just saw this movie today. Things about it reminded me of Casey.
I so wish Caylee will be found alive but I know that will not happen.

I wonder if Casey watched a movie or some movies and came up with her plan to be "rid" of her daughter?

I've never seen the movie.......maybe I should find something that tells the plot and such of the movie?

Yeah I got a bad feeling the body will never be found

I've never seen the movie.......maybe I should find something that tells the plot and such of the movie?

Yeah I got a bad feeling the body will never be found

I know you've not seen the movie, but I wanted to let you know that the missing little girl in the movie ends up being alive...

There is a website that gives detailed descriptions on movies.. The movie spoiler is the name of the site. You can search the title once you get there.

ohhhh, you shouldnt have!! Just ruined the whole suspense of that movie!!

On 7-7-08 6:50 p.m. Casey allegedly posts a message* on her MySpace blog. The message, titled "Diary of Days," read:
"On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
Trust no one, only yourself.
With great power, comes great consequence.
What is given can be taken away.
Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies. Life will never be easy
On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken.
Hold your head high.
Smile. Laugh. Love unconditionally.
Tomorrow is a brand new day.

Currently watching: American Psycho
Release date: 2003-05-20"*The message has been deleted.

She was watching the movie "American Psycho" according to her web page. Not sure what other movies she watched before or after this date.

ohhhh, you shouldnt have!! Just ruined the whole suspense of that movie!!

Oops...just wanted to clarify for an earlier poster that there was no body to find in that movie...sorry!

On 7-7-08 6:50 p.m. Casey allegedly posts a message* on her MySpace blog. The message, titled "Diary of Days," read:

"On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken

Trust no one, only yourself.
I do not believe she had an accomplice! All her criminal activity - that we know of - was conducted solely by her.

With great power, comes great consequence.
Whois power and what consequences? Power of hers over the baby? Power/control of her mother over the baby?

What is given can be taken away.
What is given to Cindy - a grandchild - will be takne away?

Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies. Life will never be easy
On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken.
Hold your head high.
Like she wanted to hold her head high exiting the jail?

Smile. Laugh. Love unconditionally.
Tomorrow is a brand new day.
She surely lived everyday as a brand new day!

Currently watching: American Psycho
Release date: 2003-05-20"*The message has been deleted.

She was watching the movie "American Psycho" according to her web page. Not sure what other movies she watched before or after this date.

Allow me to play a little bit with my red pen with your post. :blowkiss:

I don't know about watching movies. But I did wonder if she followed the Melinda Duckett case.

Gone Baby Gone is one of my favorite movies!!

But in my opinion, this case has more parallels to Freedomland. If you haven't seen this movie (I won't tell you how it ends either), it is a must see!

I wonder what movies she was watching and I also wonder like mysteriew if she followed the Melinda Duckett case and knew that Trenton has never been found.

I got this movie in Feb....haven't watched it yet, because i'm always checkign this website...hopefully today.

I had the same thought about Freedomland.

LP on Nancy Grace last night mentioned Juliette Lewis (a girl CA referenced as someone she worked with at Universal) starred in Natural Born Killers. First, do you think Juliette Lewis the movie star is the person CA was referring to (why would LP say that?) and second of all, I haven't seen that movie, but on a movie review on the internet it says the movie is: ...about serial killers and their coverage by the media I just thought it's kinda weird about those two things.

I think she probably picked up the name from the movie. That was actually a really good movie, but odd. It showed a couple who killed together & loved the media attention. They became celebs in a way...groupies, autographs, etc. I can see how someone who isn't all there might become obsessed with the movie. Scary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back