All Things Heath Ledger - Thread No. 2

Oxycodone
Hydrocodone
diazepam
temazepam
alprazolam
doxylamine

I'm not sure what most of these are, but I think there are painkillers, sleeping aids and something like valium.

Oxycodone
Hydrocodone
diazepam
temazepam
alprazolam
doxylamine

I'm not sure what most of these are, but I think there are painkillers, sleeping aids and something like valium.

The first two are painkillers. The diazepam is valium, and the temazepam is a strong sleeping pill. Not sure about the other two.

ETA: The doxylamine is a antihistamine also used as a sleeping aid. And the alprazolam is an anxiety medication. (Thanks to WebMD)

Oxycodone
Hydrocodone
diazepam
temazepam
alprazolam
doxylamine

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080206/ap_en_mo/heath_ledger_14;_ylt=AtvYra..yTO54GhDYm0.G6vqChkF

Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," medical examiner's spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement.

The drugs are the generic names for the OxyContin painkiller, the anti-anxiety drug Valium, Xanax, an anti-anxiety drug, and the sleep aids Restoril and Unisom. Hydrocodone is another name for ibuprofen.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080206/ap_en_mo/heath_ledger_14;_ylt=AtvYra..yTO54GhDYm0.G6vqChkF

Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," medical examiner's spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement.

The drugs are the generic names for the OxyContin painkiller, the anti-anxiety drug Valium, Xanax, an anti-anxiety drug, and the sleep aids Restoril and Unisom. Hydrocodone is another name for ibuprofen.

I think the writer of that article made a mistake DK. Hydrocodone is Lortab or Vicodin, I think.

I don't think hydrocodone is another name for ibuprofen. It's a painkiller that is combined with ibuprofen or acetaminophen, but it is not simply ibuprofen!!

Isn't hydro vicodin?

I think the writer of that article made a mistake DK. Hydrocodone is Lortab or Vicodin, I think.

You are correct, it's Vicodin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocodone

Vicodin is sometime paired with acetomenophin, so maybe it is with ibuprofen, too?

You know your pain killers! :crazy:

The AP isn't known for accuracy, lol. They try to get news out as quickly as possible, then make corrections. (Like many news outlets.)

Hydrocodone has codeine in it. Here is some info I came across..
http://www.drugs.com/hydrocodone.html

What is hydrocodone and acetaminophen ?

•Hydrocodone (related to codeine) is in a class of drugs called narcotic analgesics. It relieves pain.•Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the effects of hydrocodone.•Together, hydrocodone and acetaminophen are used to relieve moderate-to-severe pain.•hydrocodone and acetaminophen may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

Brand Names: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Bancap HC, Dolacet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Lortab, Lortab 10, Lortab 5/500, Lortab 7.5/500, Lortab Elixir, Norco, T-Gesic, Vicodin, Vicodin ES, Vicodin HP, Zydone

It is no wonder of course that he passed...the guy must have been desperate for relief. I wonder if they were prescribed by the same physician??

I'm sorry, but I don't remember what pain he was in. Was he in an accident or something? Surgery? I don't remember hearing anything like that.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember what pain he was in. Was he in an accident or something? Surgery? I don't remember hearing anything like that.

His roles in Batman and the Bob Dylan biopic caused him sleeplessness, he was quoted as saying, and that he was physically drained. So maybe that led to overal pain??? He may have gotten injured during an action scene in Batman, I imagine. Depends how many of his own scenes he did, I guess.

Thanks DK. I had heard the Batman role caused him emotional distress, but not physical pain. I would have thought different meds would be prescribed for emotional issues.

YIKES.

You are correct. I have a great sensitivity/ allergeric reaction to it and would rather have pain than take that stuff. Who knows if it amplifies other meds taken with it as in Ledger's case. So tragic.

I am allergic as well. Makes my skin feel as if it were crawling and I cannot stop itching... another quote from the same page about taking other drugs with it.

hydrocodone and acetaminophen may increase the effects of other drugs that cause drowsiness, including antidepressants, alcohol, antihistamines, pain relievers, anxiety medicines, seizure medicines, and muscle relaxants. Dangerous sedation, dizziness, or drowsiness may occur if hydrocodone and acetaminophen is taken with any of these medications.

Didn't they say something about him having phneumonia or the flu at the time of his death also?

I haven't either. We have heard about an addiction to heroin though. When my heroin addicted brother was trying to kick the habit he was on methadone. In between the methadone he would down Tylenol 3s with codeine like candy. Anything for a buzz.

Didn't they say something about him having phneumonia or the flu at the time of his death also?

That's correct. Walking pneumonia as I recall. My daughter has this right now and she's on penicillun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves
Back