Alleged abuse photos

I also wonder why these pictures are being brought out at this time. If she was afraid for her children in November, why wait? Her lawyer says because she was an abused afraid woman. She has been away from RC for 5 years? I just can't buy it.

Ouch :(

Her absences from school in FEB are those previous to going missing?

I was just looking at this. I got out my calendar, there were only 6 schools days in Feb before she went missing. There is no way she missed 11 days in Feb. I was a little disappointed that article included these days as absences before she disappeared :(

IMO...Typical kid bruises. My granddaughter who is 3, fell and hit her poor little head 3 times in the same place in a 1 week period. This is just a sympathy ploy.

I also wonder why these pictures are being brought out at this time. If she was afraid for her children in November, why wait? Her lawyer says because she was an abused afraid woman. She has been away from RC for 5 years? I just can't buy it.

CS said that she did question the bruises on Haleigh and she was told that she fell at school. They are saying that they don't believe that story because what the nurse said and the pictures depict different bruises. In there opinion. So please stop saying that she never brought this up. She did. I don't know if RC abused his kids or not, but she did ask about the bruises before. I also wonder why it took a week to take her to the hospital.

Crystals step mom takes pictures of Haleighs injuries because she noticed dried blood in the nose and nose was swollen, yet she does not take her for medical care?

9 of the days in Feb are after Haleigh went missing.
3 of the missed days in Nov are when Crystal had the kids
Crystal also says she had no idea Haleigh had missed so much school until she ordered records after Haleigh went missing, yet she claims Ron would not let her take the kids sometimes because if Haleigh missed anymore school he would be put in jail. Once again you cannot have it both ways. Claim you did not know, yet make statements that show you did know. Also why was Crystal wanting the kids on days when Haleigh should be in school, then blame Ron for her missing schoool?

I would be interested in seeing what the school report said. Alot of it was scratched out. And if Haleigh did in fact fall at school I can see falling and hitting and scratching your face. I knew my daughter has done some numbers on herslelf on the play ground at school. And those bruises on RJ could of been done naturally and children get those type of bruises all the time. I have seen a few pictures where Haleigh didnt want to get on the bus maybe just maybe she didnt want to go to school. My daughter was like that at her age especially if one of the children gave her a hard time. Children can be mean. I would be interested in finding out if any children bullied or made fun of her to possible make her not want to goto school.

JMO....I wouldn't base a CPS investigation on those pictures. Sure, the amount of absences is extreme, but I notice they've got her "unexcused" 11 days in February and she was reported missing on the 9th?
If the pics of Junior are enough to get you a CPS investigation then I'm going to be having a mad "delete photo" session today. I've got a boy, he's three. The only way I could keep him from getting banged up would be to duct tape him to a freakin wall.

She better come up with more compelling stuff than this if she expects to prove anything. The first one looked, to me, like the same injuries as were on the photo she showed on GR. Just not as close up. Definitely looked like a fall injury to me. Playground injury is very believeable IMO. The rest, looked like nothing. Could have even been make-up, with the photo quality it's really hard to tell what's what here.

All I know is I'm HEART SICK for that little girl. With her smiling at the camera, oblivious, with the bruises on her little face, just tore me to pieces. In all the "back and forth" here sometimes it gets pushed to the back of my mind that there was this vibrant, happy, little girl. And where the H E double hockey sticks is she now!!!!

My kids were constantly bruised and looked battered. We're a clumsy lot! And the absenses... doesn't mean much to me. My son had a illness one year and all he had to do was look at me with sad eyes and I let him stay home with me so geez I'm not a good one to ask on that point.

JMO but these pictures can not be taken seriously. Every kid that "plays" could have injuries like these. I dont see anything that says "abuse". I think her and her lawyer are just looking to cause trouble. Which is working. Here we are looking at these pictures. What a shame..

Could be because the nose began to swell after the first day and he was concerned so he took her to the dr. Also the dates do not match Crystal says he took her to the dr Nov 12th right before Crystal picked them up for visitation. Nov 12th was a Wednesday. Also Nov 12th is when Crystal took the kids to see Johnny her dad. Why would Crystal have the kids for visitation mid week?

CS said that she did question the bruises on Haleigh and she was told that she fell at school. They are saying that they don't believe that story because what the nurse said and the pictures depict different bruises. In there opinion. So please stop saying that she never brought this up. She did. I don't know if RC abused his kids or not, but she did ask about the bruises before. I also wonder why it took a week to take her to the hospital.

The simple fact that the school called grandma about the injuries and grandma felt like someone needed to come up to check Haleigh, tells me that the school felt she had a pretty good fall.

IMO I believe that it did happen at school. According to the school records Haleigh fell on 11/6 then she missed school 11/7, 11/10 they had 11/11 off for veterans day. She then missed 11/12 11/13 and 11/14. And it was noted on the hospital note the that they were told it happened 11/6. And that note was going to the school.

As a mom of 2 kids I don't see anything surprising about the pics. They look like normal wear & tear to me. My kids have had worse and they were NEVER abused.

IMO this is a waste of time. Where is poor little Haleigh? :(

Hmm, she thought enough of it to take pictures at the time. Also she took a lot of pictures of Jr. She must have thought something was amiss. She said she called the authorities when Jr told her that RC hit him with a stick. The authorities said it looked like normal discipline?

Either way. This woman has 2 children with this man. One of them went missing, while in the care of his 17 year old girlfriend that can't get her story straight. And we are wondering why she is trying to get custody? Really? People act like she has no right to be concerned. Let the courts figure it out. But how can anybody crucify this mother for being concerned. Her perception may be off, but come on, these are her children, one of whom is missing. I submit that she is frantic and trying to figure out what happened. She also know RC alot better then any of us. So perhaps her fears are justified based on her experience.

Those photos are ridiculous. I could probably find 10 kids in my neighborhood (mine included) that have bruises and scratches worse than those (excluding the first one). As for the first one, I agree, it does look bad, but I think it can be legitimately explained from an accident at school. IMO

Hmm, she thought enough of it to take pictures at the time. Also she took a lot of pictures of Jr. She must have thought something was amiss. She said she called the authorities when Jr told her that RC hit him with a stick. The authorities said it looked like normal discipline?

Either way. This woman has 2 children with this man. One of them went missing, while in the care of his 17 year old girlfriend that can't get her story straight. And we are wondering why she is trying to get custody? Really? People act like she has no right to be concerned. Let the courts figure it out. But how can anybody crucify this mother for being concerned. Her perception may be off, but come on, these are her children, one of whom is missing. I submit that she is frantic and trying to figure out what happened. She also know RC alot better then any of us. So perhaps her fears are justified based on her experience.
Its one thing to be concerned and another to go on national TV and claim abuse. She could of did this behind close doors.

The following was posted by Kat on 02-22-2009, 11:08 AM, post #30 in the thread "Turner's Syndrome" http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79846&page=2

"There was a picture shown last night of Haleigh with a black eye. The school reports that it happened there.

Don't girls with this syndrome have spatial issues? Wouldn't that make them more prone to injury from falling? Just curious."

Spacial difficulties related to Turner's syndrome were confirmed by definitions found elsewhere on the web, and by Websleuthers who have relatives with the syndrome. See http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79846 for the complete thread "Turner's Syndrome".

If the school can confirm the rumor that Haleigh got the black eye reported at http://www.artharris.com/ at school in a Turner's Syndrome related accident, my opinion of Art Harris' integrity as a journalist is quite low, and my opinion of Crystal's character is even lower.

Accusations of abuse are serious, especially in the case of a missing child, so I started a new thread to avoid getting lost in the "Rumor Thread". It is important that we remember that the allegations of abuse and the report that she received the injury at school are a rumor.

Cat, or anyone else out there, if you can post confirmation that this was a school accident, please do so.

This actually has been talked about before. Don't remember which thread. It was said that the black eye happened at Haleigh's school and is easily verifiable. I also was under the impression that this is one of the things DCF looked into previously and had verified by Haleigh's school. I'll look for the link.

It ticks me off that this is being put out there as new info when in fact it is not and I 100% agree with the Cummings family that this type of nonsense is a detractor to finding Haleigh.

The whole thing is just so sad.

Salem

Those bruises on the baby look like strike marks to me. Maybe a stick or a wooden spoon. The marks on Haleigh could go either way.

One thing for sure is that the school nurse has been interviewed. She is a nurse and could state whether or not she feels that Haleighs fall could have produced the kind of damage that is depicted in pic #1. She could also state whether or not she has seen Haleigh with any other injuries. By what I am actually seeing in this pic, there would have almost had to have been scratches, bruises, or scrapes along with this facial injury. If there are none, then that is suspicious to me. I would like for a medical professional to explain why there would not be other bruising along with it if that is the case.

JMO, but I do think that some of us are projecting our feelings about Ronald or Crystal into our opinions of whether or not these injuries could have been caused by Haleigh's playground fall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back