Alligators

My feeling abd my hope is that if Casey were trying to get rid of Caylee's body, she would not venture for too long in a place with gators that nearby, especially if she were alone.

I hope so anyway. I hope she buried Caylee in some soft earth somewhere so the searchers will be able to find her.

Sorry, I meant to include this in my post above.

If you are in Florida and anywhere near a body of water (including drainage ditches by a road) you are near an alligator. To assume otherwise is potentially fatal. I don't even walk my dogs near the lake where my parents live; the one gator who I've seen is nearly 12 feet long and they like to snack on dogs. Where there is one gator, you can bank on there being more you have not seen.

CA would not have to be in a gator infested area for very long. All she would need is a few minutes to put the child in the shallow water and high tail it out of there. The gators would take care of the rest.

When they showed the area near the airport where the cell phone was used; I looked at my DH and said, "She threw her to the gators in one of those retention ponds." I still think that is how CA took care of disposing of the body.

I'm not sure about that. But I wanted to share to WS that when we searched yesterday we saw gators. Gator "baby" (maybe 4 feet long?) was in a pond maybe about 70-100 feet away. We kept him eyeballed. Around the back end of the pond a searcher saw something big moving quick in the brush and we SCOOTED. No joke. We didn't go back in that area on foot.

And I was wrong when I posted (a million posts ago) that gators only eat live meat. Nope. Gators will eat dead things because I forgot that at Gatorland here in Orlando they certainly don't use live chickens to bait and feed the gators when audiences watch (can you imagine the trauma). Gators will eat dead things too (i.e., things they did not catch themselves).

T

theonly1,
do you know if landfills or transfer stations are beign searched/or going to be searched? I'm thinking Casey is too lazy to do anything but put Caylee in a large black plastic bag and dump her in dumpster...imagining no one is going to check every single black plastic bag. I would love to hear your thoughts on this and what the plans are for this.
Thanks!

This is one gator they caught near the Orlando Airport During the expantion phase, this one was hiding in one of those concrete pipes behind that man!!

HELLO!!

alligator1.jpg

If you are in Florida and anywhere near a body of water (including drainage ditches by a road) you are near an alligator. To assume otherwise is potentially fatal. I don't even walk my dogs near the lake where my parents live; the one gator who I've seen is nearly 12 feet long and they like to snack on dogs. Where there is one gator, you can bank on there being more you have not seen.

CA would not have to be in a gator infested area for very long. All she would need is a few minutes to put the child in the shallow water and high tail it out of there. The gators would take care of the rest.

When they showed the area near the airport where the cell phone was used; I looked at my DH and said, "She threw her to the gators in one of those retention ponds." I still think that is how CA took care of disposing of the body.

Well, if this was her thinking...to feed her to gators...everyone around the orlando area knows LAKE JESSUP! Lake Jessup is where all the gators are taken tofrom other areas and dumped there. they are protected around here, so if there are too many gators in one area...they are trapped and dumped in lake jessup (Sanford area)...Anyone know if this area will be searched?

This is one gator they caught near the Orlando Airport During the expantion phase, this one was hiding in one of those concrete pipes behind that man!!

HELLO!!

alligator1.jpg

and I'm sure he was dumped at lake jessup in sanford.

as sad as it is to admit, as soon as i saw the area her cell phone pinged that was my first reaction as well :( would make sense as to why she is so sure no one would find her, and she would be right about not knowing here Caylee is now.

as sad as it is to admit, as soon as i saw the area her cell phone pinged that was my first reaction as well :( would make sense as to why she is so sure no one would find her, and she would be right about not knowing here Caylee is now.

I always thought it was a dumpster in a big lawn bag. Considering Caylee was only 30 something pounds...the bag would not look suspicious specially if she stuffed with other stuff like food (pizza) etc.... :mad:

Wow! That does sound scary!

I had no idea it was that bad...

Well, if this was her thinking...to feed her to gators...everyone around the orlando area knows LAKE JESSUP! Lake Jessup is where all the gators are taken tofrom other areas and dumped there. they are protected around here, so if there are too many gators in one area...they are trapped and dumped in lake jessup (Sanford area)...Anyone know if this area will be searched?

I have a friend who lives off/near that lake. He had two of his dogs eaten by gators (little poodle types). He had to lie to his wife about the fate of one of her poodle dogs because she would have been heartbroken to know that it got chomped by a gator. [They were vigilant after the first one about making sure the dogs didn't go near the lake but sometimes a dog makes an escape and that's all it takes.] I don't think they have any more dogs now! When hunting season is on he goes out with a gleam in his eye, let me tell you!
T

I have a friend who lives off/near that lake. He had two of his dogs eaten by gators (little poodle types). He had to lie to his wife about the fate of one of her poodle dogs because she would have been heartbroken to know that it got chomped by a gator. [They were vigilant after the first one about making sure the dogs didn't go near the lake but sometimes a dog makes an escape and that's all it takes.] I don't think they have any more dogs now! When hunting season is on he goes out with a gleam in his eye, let me tell you!
T

So have you heard if they will be searching the lake jessup area? Also, what about the dumpsters (or landfills/transfer stations)?

HELLO!!

OHHHHHHH thank you for the picture. Don't laugh with me now, but I knew gators but not gators like this. Being from Europe, I had NO CLUE they can be so monstreous. I am shocked. :eek::eek::eek:

OHHHHHHH thank you for the picture. Don't laugh with me now, but I knew gators but not gators like this. Being from Europe, I had NO CLUE they can be so monstreous. I am shocked. :eek::eek::eek:

Well, the thing is supposely...that they have a "natural" fear of humans. meaning they swim away unless they have been fed by humans in the past. This is why it is illegal to feed gators! also if they accidentally bite a human they are usually tracked down and killed because they will attack again.

I have a secret hope that beside searching for chloroform online she was doing some map searching and that LE already has that combined with her mobile info. And they are sending Equusearch to these areas. We just don't know about it. I really really hope this is the case. This baby deserves to come home and I am so touched about the people who go there and help with the search in such dangerous conditions. You are all angels.

Well, the thing is supposely...that they have a "natural" fear of humans. meaning they swim away unless they have been fed by humans in the past. This is why it is illegal to feed gators! also if they accidentally bite a human they are usually tracked down and killed because they will attack again.

Thank you for the info but....the way we have destroyed the environment and changed the nature's balance, I don't think animals have ''natural'' fear of humans any more. They are just HUNGRY. IMO.

I have heard of many horrible ways of getting rid of a body. (Using gas and just burning it will not do, It takes a lot of temp.) This is a disgusting way to dispose of a body, but where the pings were, this makes a lot of sense.

I do keep hearing how LE does not have a body. Well that is not the entire truth. If the leaks are correct(which I think most are), they quite a few pieces of little Caylee's body.
They have hair and scalp, they have fluid from the floor of the trunk, they have decomposed material from the backyard(from either one or two places). The problem with these pieces are, I doubt they will answer the question (which seems to be one of the few left) whether it was murder, or an accident. If she did manage to dispose of the body completely then we might never know, because Casey sure will not tell us.

theonly1,
do you know if landfills or transfer stations are beign searched/or going to be searched? I'm thinking Casey is too lazy to do anything but put Caylee in a large black plastic bag and dump her in dumpster...imagining no one is going to check every single black plastic bag. I would love to hear your thoughts on this and what the plans are for this.
Thanks!

Anyone who searches with Equusearch agrees not to talk about the search areas to anyone. However, sometimes the media makes mention of the areas searched.

I have heard of many horrible ways of getting rid of a body. (Using gas and just burning it will not do, It takes a lot of temp.) This is a disgusting way to dispose of a body, but where the pings were, this makes a lot of sense.

I do keep hearing how LE do not have a body. Well that is not the entire truth. If the leaks are correct(which I think most are), they quite a few pieces of little Caylee's body.
They have hair and scalp, they have fluid from the floor of the trunk, they have decomposed material from the backyard(from either one or two places). The problem with these pieces are, I doubt they will answer the question (which seems to be one of the few left) whether it was murder, or an accident. If she did manage to dispose of the body completely then we might never know, because Casey sure will not tell us.

ITA. I don't think the way the LE worked this case and still working on it, the outcome of a trial will be very different depending whether or not Caylee is found. Yeah finding Caylee will ensure a conviction but they can still do it with all the evidence we have seen and all that evidence we haven't seen.

All the efforts now is to bring the baby home. Also they might find additional items that couldn't be destoyed by the elements of nature or animals, like a rug, a suitcase, clothes, or something.

Anyone who searches with Equusearch agrees not to talk about the search areas to anyone. However, sometimes the media makes mention of the areas searched.
They have been searching the landfills and for quite awhile. It has been mentioned a couple of times.

I have a crazy suggestion that in larger cities, where the trucks drive in with their loads to dump, that they have a sensing device that can detect human decomp. It probably would cost quite a bit of money, but I am sure that they spend quite a few dollars in the larger cities on things they just don't need, and this could save them quite a few dollars on searches alone.

Thanks, theonly1! THANKS FOR DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!! It takes a special, strong persong to search for something as gruesome as a dead body...specially someone we feel we have come to know. thank you, thank you!
I serioulsy considered going but I am afraid of what I may find.
I will have faith that they are searching based on good leads and if she is meant to be found she will be.

:clap::clap::clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back