Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive down Moggill/Mt Crosby Road all the time and have never been connected to a FTP Tower.

Thanks Alicat. I have an iPhone, and it doesn't tell you what tower you're connected to like my old (and I mean OLD) Nokia used to do. The point I was making was that there is a stretch of Moggill Rd out there between Anstead and Kholo (closer to Barnes Hill on the way out of Anstead) which is in direct line of sight downstream to FTP.

Of course, if there are other towers closer, then it is far more likely that a phone would connect to the nearest cell with the strongest signal.

The other possibilities would be that

1. Allison's phone was deliberately dumped somewhere near the FTP tower transmission area

2. somebody found the phone where it WAS dumped (eg thrown out of a car window) and moved it to the FTP area - but why leave it on for 13 hours until the battery died?

3. somebody in cahoots with the murderer deliberately took the phone in the opposite direction to put searchers off the scent - until the battery ran down.

4. if the phone was dumped on the way to Kholo Creek, either over the river bank or actually into the river, could it have connected to the FTP tower? Could it in fact have floated (there are cases which will do that I think)? Or is it actually still lying somewhere on the river bank, shielded from the road and from closer phone towers, and it connected to the FTP tower which is in direct line of sight (to a phone) downstream?

Once you get around that big bend in the river heading towards Kholo Ck, then FTP is no longer in line of sight.

Check it out on Google Maps and you'll see why it occurred to me in the first place.

Of course the odds are that the phone was dumped somewhere much closer to FTP, but.... :waitasec:

Dr Watson a question for you would drugs disperse through a person if administered after death - wouldn't be ingested but as they broke down would they be present in the tissues and organs they were close to?

Short answer - no. If administered after death, especially in tablet form, those tablets would just be sitting in the stomach. They would become very mushy and may even dissolve completely, depending on what was already in the stomach or if the stomach was empty. But virtually none would be absorbed, and certainly not circulated.

The levels obtained by the pathologist were from blood taken from the liver.

There is a principle in physiology called "first pass" - blood from the bowel passes through the liver FIRST (via the portal vein) before getting into the general circulation, and it would not be unexpected that levels of a drug would be higher in the liver than anywhere else.

And as I posted several pages back, before the bit came out in yesterday's court hearing about the difficulty in doing the toxicity screen tests and the fact that they had to use blood from the liver, the levels in the general circulation would be almost impossible to measure after 11 days.

I don't believe for one minute that she took an overdose of Zoloft, or that it would have killed her. She may have been forced to swallow some (chipped tooth, bruising on chest wall, etc) to make her drowsy, but none of this would suggest suicide to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500