Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gone through my notes from yesterday's court hearing and thought I would post the interesting bits even though most have been mentioned now either by myself or MSM. I haven't seen any court documents, I have only heard the judge and the lawyers discuss those documents.

Most of the affidavits filed by the defence were by supporters of GBC to say they would provide surety, $800,000 in total, for his bail if it were to be granted. Some names were mentioned but they weren't names I had heard of and see no need to post.

The defence's argument for a change in circumstances which they had to show to get bail, was that on examination of the prosecutions brief of evidence , it showed evidence that Allison committed suicide. Peter Davis submitted that there was a solid hypothesis consistent with suicide. The judge asked him if he advanced the theory of suicide before Judge Boddice ( the judge that heard the first bail application) . Peter Davis said no, it has only come about because of the evidence given to them by the prosecution. The judge asked him to walk him through the evidence that supports the suicide theory. The judge also said that whether this evidence is a material change of evidence needs to be looked at.

Peter Davis then discussed the autopsy report by the coroners office. The judge said that he understood that that Judge Boddice was told the cause of death was undetermined through autopsy. Allison's body was found in a purple singlet incorporating a bra, dark 3/4 length pants and a light coloured jumper which one arm was slightly out of the sleeve. She was wearing sneakers.

A Mr Cowley made a statement to police that at 5.30 am he was driving with his headlights on to his neighbour in Boscombe Rd. He saw a lone woman walking and thought something was unusual and that she wasn't ok. He described her as wearing bike pants. The judge said he didn't mention a light coloured jumper. Peter Davis said well she may have had it tied around her waist and he didn't see it. Peter Davis said this woman has never come forward and that there is no other statement where this woman was seen.

The judge then asked what is the defences theory where the suicide took place. Peter Davis then made submissions about toxicity pointing to the likely cause of death. The judge read out the wording in the autopsy report and said that it says toxicity can't be excluded as a cause of death. Peter Davis said that no other cause of death was identified and that the levels of metabolites in her body have found to be fatal in other cases. I think he was referring to the zoloft as i am not sure of the connection between that and the metabolites (DOC CAN YOU HELP EXPLAIN PLEASE). There was mention of .2mg of metabolite.

The judge said the pathologist can't tell much due to the state of decomposition of the body. Peter Davis said they did a full body, head to toes cat scan of the body and only found a chipped tooth. The judge said we have a wide range of possible causes of death. Peter Davis said the onus is on the prosecution to exclude all reasonable hypotheses and in the pathology report there are levels of zoloft which are capable of killing Allison. He said his submission is that there certainly a possibility that she died of an overdose.

The judge said on the suicide theory coupled with what you make of Mr Cowley's repot, Mrs Baden- Clay possibly walked from where Mr Cowley says he saw her to where she was found. Peter Davis said she may have walked or got a lift with someone who hasn't come forward. He said there is no suggestion his client forced those drugs on her. The judge replied "Well not yet"

Peter Davis submitted the prosecution case is that force applied to her caused her to bleed and GBC took her in the captiva. The judge said the scratches on your client's face doesn't suggest suicide. Peter Davis replied maybe not but its just one piece of evidence.

Peter Davis submitted that the next thing re the suicide theory is seen in the notes Allison left in her diary. He referred to them( though no dates were mentioned but i presume they were recent notes) and mentioned she says she was scared he was going to leave her and she didn't want to be alone. He said that part of the prosecutions case is that it is alleged that his clients affair with Toni McHugh is motive for murder. If one looks at Allison's remarks in diary, the affair with Toni McHugh looks consistent with the suicide theory.

The Judge said that Mrs Baden- Clay knew of the affair for a long time and hadn't suicided and the things you have taken me to doesn't indicate she wanted to end her life, just someone who is upset. Your client and his wife had difficulties for years.
Peter Davis said yes and there was some catalyst that caused her death inferring by suicide. Judge said, "or your client killing her".
Peter Davis submitted that there were empty packets of zoloft found in her car and in the carport and someone else that I didn't catch. The judge said if i was on blood pressure medication I might have packets in my car.Peter Davis said her doctors notes record her as having severe mood swings and increased her zoloft from 50 mg to 100mg. ( it wasn't said when this increase occurred)

The judge said he doesn't accept diary notes indicate suicide. Peter Davis said " Well she is dead and with a high level of zoloft in her"
The judge asked when your client spoke to the police did he say at any times that she threatened to commit suicide. Peter Davis replied No and that there was no suicide note. Peter Davis repeated there are fatal levels of her own prescription drugs in her body and she is an a creek deceased. The judge said so she either walked or hitched a ride for the 14 kms to get to the creek. He said on the murder theory she died at home and on the suicide theory she walked 14 kms

Part 2 to come . Stay tuned.

Personally I do not think this 'Tight-Ar$$e' would have willingly got rid of an i-phone or anything that had a resale value. He probably kept the phone and dumped the sim card the night before.

>>6.20am: Police allege Mr Baden-Clay sent a text message to Mrs Baden-Clay saying: "Good morning! Hope you slept well? Where are you? None of the girls are up yet! Love G">>
Then...
>>6.41am: A second text message was reportedly sent saying "Al, getting concerned. Where are you? The app doesn't say either? [Two children] now up. I'm dressed and about to make lunches. Please just text me back or call! Love G".>>

What I do know (from experience) is that an i-phone still gets messages if still on 'i message' or whatever that app is called WITHOUT the sim card !

Then Daddy (clipping him across the ears) told him to get rid of it as after he messaged Allison on her phone and it pinged right there on the kitchen table !

>>7.15am: Mr Baden-Clay called triple-0.>> According to old Timeline.

We do know he said to the police
>>"I'm now driving the streets. My, my father's come over and, to look after the children," he said. >>

He was 'out' 'looking for Allison' ? Really ? I too think he was out getting rid of the phone. (grudgingly !) and while he was out phoned the cops

I think there may be one there, MM - but I don't know if that's the one the network calls "Fig Tree Pocket". That's almost Kenmore, or they often have other names for the towers if there is more than one in a named suburb.

I would imagine if that were the only tower for FTP, then reception wouldn't be great all the way down the pocket, which is a fair distance and hilly, down towards Lone Pine or the Pony Club.

We'd need to know just WHERE the actual tower is that is labelled on the network as FTP. I seem to recall that there are - or at least used to be - a couple of the radio station transmitters further down FTP towards the river, perhaps because of coverage reasons, and I have a recollection that there was a Telstra exchange down near the Pony Club. I'd have to take a spin out there to check it out - unless somebody else does before I can get there. :)

Thanks Doc... This is where I got the location from... According to Australian Geographical Radio frequency site it is an optus and telstra tower (#4). Appears to be at the end of Eurella Street between there and the Centenary Hway, LHS facing north. If there is an alternative which is better located as per the lay-of-the-land I'd appreciate knowing its location. Cheers. Link to site I used:

http://maps.spench.net/rf/#=-27.517..., c optus, c telstra, c vodafone, c hutchison

Hi all, I've been following the latest events - thanks to everyone for their reports - and feeling very relieved after yesterdau's outcome. Even so, especially after reading today's newspaper with clippings from Allison's diary I just feel so full of sorrow all over again.

Regarding that witness who saw a woman walking looking troubled on Boscombe Road on the morning she disappeared -That witness reported it to police (and to the neighbour I heard it from) on that very morning - I heard it that afternoon. What the defense did not make clear and probably hoped no one would ask was that the witness said the woman was walking/jogging UP Boscombe road in the direction of the State Forest, ie, in the opposite direction where she was found. I hope this is made clear in court and this witness is asked in what direction and the jury is shown a map and see this. I also hope that woman, whoever she is, might now come forward and say it was her. She might not have reported it because she had nothing to report. She'd gone for an early jog and seen nothing - why would she report that? When I first hear of this sighting, long before Allison was found, I didn't hear that the woman looked 'troubled'. Rather, i heard she looked like she was trying to jog but was having difficulties, as in, she did not appear very fit - that part of Boscombe Road is very hilly and often has this effect. Also I heard this man who saw the woman was not driving to a neighbour as apparently was reported in court yesterday (thanks alioop) but was driving to a job interview in the Gold Coast.

I also think that when GBC was driving 'around looking' he was actually picking a spot to get rid of her mobile.

START QUOTE
#54 05-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Strangeworld
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

Just heard on the gossip grapevine that a white 4WD was seen on the side of the road (pulled over) near the bridge where Allison was found at around 4.30am. The person thought it was a speed camera which is why they remembered it. Police have spoken with this person who reported it.

I can't confirm if this is true, just what I've heard.

END QUOTE

Hi everyone - have just had a chance to jump on since yesterday's news. Wow!!!! Can't believe all the new information that has been released. Thanks to everyone who posted a commentary - I missed all the drama of the day so I could relive here.

Anyway, just thought i'd repost a 'rumour' I'd heard back in May. I had a few moments where I thought she may have washed down the river, but I've had such a strong feeling since hearing this sighting, along with the position of Alison's body, that she was dumped where she was found.

I am now wondering if this 4WD had some involvement? And maybe in the light at that time of day, the colour may have been misinterpreted from the headlights of the car.

Hmmm...

Ok now I'm really panicked. I'm reading the cm article and there are several crucial pieces of info (IMO) that the crown will not be relying on because they have since been disproven. I haven't seen it online so don't know if I can mention it. Can anyone tell me if I can type the quote and ref somehow?

Ok now I'm really panicked. I'm reading the cm article and there are several crucial pieces of info (IMO) that the crown will not be relying on because they have since been disproven. I haven't seen it online so don't know if I can mention it. Can anyone tell me if I can type the quote and ref somehow?
Well in academic terms you can put Courier Mail, the date, page number and if there is an author provided for the article put their name. Put the quote between inverted commas.

That suffices as a reference in my world. I would be surprised if WS didn't accept academic referencing. If the moderator is a local then they can check the print media to confirm if they want to.

Just heard from the Courier Mail staff that they are getting twice as many hits on the BC stories as on the school shooting.

Where's Squizzey01?

Yes I was just thinking about Squizzey too - I was thinking that, dare I bring it up, it looks like we won't be hearing the significance of the roundabout until the committal (if in fact there still is any significance after the investigation).....

you out there squizzey?

Next thing we know GBC will be suing Gillette for his shaving incident!!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226537344568
Exactly Aberline. It appears that both NBC and OW knew what had been said to the girls that morning. We can infer from that that they both probably knew after 6.00 am that Allison was not coming back! Accomplices before or after the fact? My opinion only.

Fuskier I agree. My thoughts are that the case has to be one of the following scenarios MOO:

1. GBC called Nigelaine and OW at 6:15am when he awoke and said Allison was not there, so they came around to help out with the kids. GBC told them nothing of the night before and has still not admitted anything to them (he told the police officer that his father and sister did not know about the affair allegedly, so if this is true then I guess there may be some remote chance that they know absolutely nothing and were there purely to help him out that morning) - they may have been as confused as the rest of us, yet felt that in the absence of any other information they had to support their son/brother and his children.

This doesn't explain the face time call however, nor does it explain their continued support of him (OW especially) when we DO now have further information at hand about GBC's activities and financial situation.

2. They are all involved: GBC called NBC's phone using facetime after midnight, after Allison died, and they were involved from that time onwards and they know exactly what happened to Allison. MOO

Mods if this isn't allowed please delete. If anyone can find a link online please share. This is from p2 of today's courier mail. Article by Kate kyriacou and Brooke baskin.

"Justice Peter applegarth heard several parts of the Crown's case had been disproven since the first bail application - including the existence of a call using the FaceTime app apparently made by Baden-clay to his father during the early hours of April 20.

The court was told the prosecution would no longer rely on a google search for 'taking the fith' that Baden clay did days before his wife's death.

Justice applegarth told the court Baden-clay had since explained he googled the term to get its meaning after watching a television show where the saying was used......justice applegarth said police checks of the television show and the time it aired checked out."

I haven't seen this anywhere else surprisingly - it was I thought - a pretty crucial piece of evidence. I wonder why they were disproven?

Thoughts on this?

I was trying to avoid mentioning those sad diary notes. Seems so personal.

I find it strange that Allison refers to him as "my partner". Is that odd? Also that they are listed in numbered points.Perhaps this was part of the apparent therapy?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...she-disappeared/story-e6freoof-1226537242449#

I agree Curious, Allison's diary notes are just heartbreaking. Referring to GBC as her partner may have been a psychological thing on Allison's part. Perhaps she felt that she had lost her 'husband' to TM. Allison's diary notes have certainly revealed GBC as a cold, callous *advertiser censored*!

MOO.

Thanks Doc... This is where I got the location from... According to Australian Geographical Radio frequency site it is an optus and telstra tower (#4). Appears to be at the end of Eurella Street between there and the Centenary Hway, LHS facing north. If there is an alternative which is better located as per the lay-of-the-land I'd appreciate knowing its location. Cheers. Link to site I used:

http://maps.spench.net/rf/#=-27.517..., c optus, c telstra, c vodafone, c hutchison

OK - just been for a bit of a drive around Fig Tree Pocket.

Yes - there is a large, but not awfully high, cell tower right where MountainMisst said it is - at the junction of the Centenary Highway (M5) and Fig Tree Pocket Rd, on the Kenmore side of the highway, near the playing fields and park. It looks like it has multiple transceivers on it - more than a lot of other towers, which would fit with a combined Telstra and Optus tower. There is also a much smaller cell tower on the actual overpass bridge itself - probably a different provider, eg Vodaphone.

I then took a drive down Fig Tree Pocket (FTP) all the way to the end at Lone Pine, down to the river, along the road past the Pony Club to Mandalay Estate as it used to be called, back up Jesmond Rd to Indooroopilly, then back all the way to Brookfield via FTP Rd again.

I couldn't see ANY other towers down in FTP - and I did notice a couple on the other side of the river which would cover those lower/southern parts of the tip of FTP. Also, Mt Coot-tha and its transmitters is visible from almost everywhere down in FTP - which would also provide coverage.

The spots where those radio station transmitters used to be are now vacant or built on - no sign of the old transmitters. I guess land prices down there were too high for radio stations to resist the temptation to sell them off! I suspect they've moved up onto Mt Coot-tha.

Bottom line - I think Mountain Misst is right, and that the cell tower next to the Centenary Highway/FTP Rd intersection is the FTP cell tower.

Which then begs the question about how far does its coverage extend? That whole back part of Kenmore - Kersley Rd area, and along to the Rafting Ground Reserve would possibly be in the area of coverage. not to mention the river...

Your thoughts, after that information, would be appreciated Mountain Misst...

EDIT: Just checked your link above, MM - good one :) Looks like the main part of FTP is covered by those two towers across the river just to the west of FTP. There is also another tower at the Vet Farm on Moggill Rd on the way out to Kholo Creek. And the little one on the overpass bridge I referred to above looks like an Optus one on that map.

Very useful - thanks

2. They are all involved: GBC called NBC's phone using facetime after midnight, after Allison died, and they were involved from that time onwards and they know exactly what happened to Allison. MOO

I got slapped down when I mentioned Olivia being involved in the disappearance by the way she was seen in the interview with GBC stating he was 'just a little bit hurt, but he's ok.'

Also, was told Olivia didn't arrive in Brisbane until the following day after Allison went missing and there was no way she was involved! This is turning out to be quite the family affair.

As for the Dr he saw at Kenmore Clinics. If you don't know her, she is a beautiful Dr and I wonder if GBC tried to work his magic on her?

I have gone through my notes from yesterday's court hearing and thought I would post the interesting bits even though most have been mentioned now either by myself or MSM. I haven't seen any court documents, I have only heard the judge and the lawyers discuss those documents.

Most of the affidavits filed by the defence were by supporters of GBC to say they would provide surety, $800,000 in total, for his bail if it were to be granted. Some names were mentioned but they weren't names I had heard of and see no need to post.

The defence's argument for a change in circumstances which they had to show to get bail, was that on examination of the prosecutions brief of evidence , it showed evidence that Allison committed suicide. Peter Davis submitted that there was a solid hypothesis consistent with suicide. The judge asked him if he advanced the theory of suicide before Judge Boddice ( the judge that heard the first bail application) . Peter Davis said no, it has only come about because of the evidence given to them by the prosecution. The judge asked him to walk him through the evidence that supports the suicide theory. The judge also said that whether this evidence is a material change of evidence needs to be looked at.

Peter Davis then discussed the autopsy report by the coroners office. The judge said that he understood that that Judge Boddice was told the cause of death was undetermined through autopsy. Allison's body was found in a purple singlet incorporating a bra, dark 3/4 length pants and a light coloured jumper which one arm was slightly out of the sleeve. She was wearing sneakers.

A Mr Cowley made a statement to police that at 5.30 am he was driving with his headlights on to his neighbour in Boscombe Rd. He saw a lone woman walking and thought something was unusual and that she wasn't ok. He described her as wearing bike pants. The judge said he didn't mention a light coloured jumper. Peter Davis said well she may have had it tied around her waist and he didn't see it. Peter Davis said this woman has never come forward and that there is no other statement where this woman was seen.

The judge then asked what is the defences theory where the suicide took place. Peter Davis then made submissions about toxicity pointing to the likely cause of death. The judge read out the wording in the autopsy report and said that it says toxicity can't be excluded as a cause of death. Peter Davis said that no other cause of death was identified and that the levels of metabolites in her body have found to be fatal in other cases. I think he was referring to the zoloft as i am not sure of the connection between that and the metabolites (DOC CAN YOU HELP EXPLAIN PLEASE). There was mention of .2mg of metabolite.

The judge said the pathologist can't tell much due to the state of decomposition of the body. Peter Davis said they did a full body, head to toes cat scan of the body and only found a chipped tooth. The judge said we have a wide range of possible causes of death. Peter Davis said the onus is on the prosecution to exclude all reasonable hypotheses and in the pathology report there are levels of zoloft which are capable of killing Allison. He said his submission is that there certainly a possibility that she died of an overdose.

The judge said on the suicide theory coupled with what you make of Mr Cowley's repot, Mrs Baden- Clay possibly walked from where Mr Cowley says he saw her to where she was found. Peter Davis said she may have walked or got a lift with someone who hasn't come forward. He said there is no suggestion his client forced those drugs on her. The judge replied "Well not yet"

Peter Davis submitted the prosecution case is that force applied to her caused her to bleed and GBC took her in the captiva. The judge said the scratches on your client's face doesn't suggest suicide. Peter Davis replied maybe not but its just one piece of evidence.

Peter Davis submitted that the next thing re the suicide theory is seen in the notes Allison left in her diary. He referred to them( though no dates were mentioned but i presume they were recent notes) and mentioned she says she was scared he was going to leave her and she didn't want to be alone. He said that part of the prosecutions case is that it is alleged that his clients affair with Toni McHugh is motive for murder. If one looks at Allison's remarks in diary, the affair with Toni McHugh looks consistent with the suicide theory.

The Judge said that Mrs Baden- Clay knew of the affair for a long time and hadn't suicided and the things you have taken me to doesn't indicate she wanted to end her life, just someone who is upset. Your client and his wife had difficulties for years.
Peter Davis said yes and there was some catalyst that caused her death inferring by suicide. Judge said, "or your client killing her".
Peter Davis submitted that there were empty packets of zoloft found in her car and in the carport and someone else that I didn't catch. The judge said if i was on blood pressure medication I might have packets in my car.Peter Davis said her doctors notes record her as having severe mood swings and increased her zoloft from 50 mg to 100mg. ( it wasn't said when this increase occurred)

The judge said he doesn't accept diary notes indicate suicide. Peter Davis said " Well she is dead and with a high level of zoloft in her"
The judge asked when your client spoke to the police did he say at any times that she threatened to commit suicide. Peter Davis replied No and that there was no suicide note. Peter Davis repeated there are fatal levels of her own prescription drugs in her body and she is an a creek deceased. The judge said so she either walked or hitched a ride for the 14 kms to get to the creek. He said on the murder theory she died at home and on the suicide theory she walked 14 kms

Part 2 to come . Stay tuned.

Thanks Ali. I really like that judge :)

So, are the reports saying that Allison fell from the bridge (or was dropped) or was placed where she was found (or died there)?

I always thought, after going to the bridge, that it looked like she was dropped from the bridge.

OK - just been for a bit of a drive around Fig Tree Pocket.

Yes - there is a large, but not awfully high, cell tower right where MountainMisst said it is - at the junction of the Centenary Highway (M5) and Fig Tree Pocket Rd, on the Kenmore side of the highway, near the playing fields and park. It looks like it has multiple transceivers on it - more than a lot of other towers, which would fit with a combined Telstra and Optus tower. There is also a much smaller cell tower on the actual overpass bridge itself - probably a different provider, eg Vodaphone.

I then took a drive down Fig Tree Pocket (FTP) all the way to the end at Lone Pine, down to the river, along the road past the Pony Club to Mandalay Estate as it used to be called, back up Jesmond Rd to Indooroopilly, then back all the way to Brookfield via FTP Rd again.

I couldn't see ANY other towers down in FTP - and I did notice a couple on the other side of the river which would cover those lower/southern parts of the tip of FTP. Also, Mt Coot-tha and its transmitters is visible from almost everywhere down in FTP - which would also provide coverage.

The spots where those radio station transmitters used to be are now vacant or built on - no sign of the old transmitters. I guess land prices down there were too high for radio stations to resist the temptation to sell them off! I suspect they've moved up onto Mt Coot-tha.

Bottom line - I think Mountain Misst is right, and that the cell tower next to the Centenary Highway/FTP Rd intersection is the FTP cell tower.

Which then begs the question about how far does its coverage extend? That whole back part of Kenmore - Kersley Rd area, and along to the Rafting Ground Reserve would possibly be in the area of coverage. not to mention the river...

Your thoughts, after that information, would be appreciated Mountain Misst...

EDIT: Just checked your link above, MM - good one :) Looks like the main part of FTP is covered by those two towers across the river just to the west of FTP. There is also another tower at the Vet Farm on Moggill Rd on the way out to Kholo Creek. And the little one on the overpass bridge I referred to above looks like an Optus one on that map.

Very useful - thanks
Thanks very much Doc. I appreciate your effort and kindness for doing the leg work for me...

I'm using mathematics to endeavour to locate where Allison's phone could possibly have been at the time the call was made according to the towers.

If the FTP tower recorded the, let's say 'ping', at a certain time then the phone had to be closer to the FTP tower than any other tower I figure (using common sense).

There are conflicting references to the time the call (or text or ping) was made from Allison's phone according to different media sources - one is 6.21 another 6.31 and yet another 6.51am. (I'll go with what Alioop says over what a reporter may have written down - no offence intended to the journos).

Does anyone remember when the GBC call was made? Did they say a time or was it a general 'few minutes later??

Doc... You're getting me thinking that back way again to the Brookfield house. Dare I mention it...... Rafting Ground Rd!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther