Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allegedly there is a meet for interested locals and supporters of justice for Allison at 6.00am in the park in Brookfield near MtCrosby road, then a walk to the Kholo bridge planned for 20th April. Indromum can you assist with any more specific details please?
Yes, we are meeting at Brian Mason's house on Mt Crosby Road (for sale sign outside his house) on Saturday morning. We can park in his paddock if it is dry. Alternatively we can park across the road at the parking area at Wirrabara St at 6am. I am buying some flowers & will take cable ties to secure them at the Bridge.
I have been reluctant to post anything as I still haven't been able to ok this with the Dickies. Tried the official way and no luck...I don't want to invade their privacy at this sad time.
We will need good shoes and it will require climbing a gate as it is locked. Brian assures me the track is clear and safe. His house is 700 metres from the Kholo Bridge, so I imagine it won't be a long trek.

Yes, we are meeting at Brian Mason's house on Mt Crosby Road (for sale sign outside his house) on Saturday morning. We can park in his paddock if it is dry. Alternatively we can park across the road at the parking area at Wirrabara St at 6am. I am buying some flowers & will take cable ties to secure them at the Bridge.
I have been reluctant to post anything as I still haven't been able to ok this with the Dickies. Tried the official way and no luck...I don't want to invade their privacy at this sad time.
We will need good shoes and it will require climbing a gate as it is locked. Brian assures me the track is clear and safe. His house is 700 metres from the Kholo Bridge, so I imagine it won't be a long trek.

Thoughts for you all on your walk xo

Thanks for liaising on this one, Indromum. I can't be there (work) but will be with you in spirit. But where has the time gone??? One year tomorrow already - and those girls and their grandparents will be having a hard time of it, for sure.

And thanks for keeping the flowers up to scratch, too - appreciated by all I'm sure. I have to go to Ipswich today, and will be crossing the bridge - with some sobering thoughts as I do so.

Like The Doc says, I can't be on the walk, but will be there in spirit.

Wondering what to do by yourself on 19th? Maybe wear yellow, plant or scatter some sunflower seeds in your back yard and donate once again to the Appeal.

Then be thankful for what you personally have in your life or make changes for a happier, brighter future. And if you are in a domestic violent situation, muster all your courage and supports to get away. And don't allow the verbal and/or emotional abuse design who you are.

Donations can be made to the Late Allison Baden-Clay Children Appeal.
Sanction No. CP5609, BSB 084 737, account 133196502

@tennewsqld: RT @renaehenry10:

Family of Allison-Baden Clay to release a statement tomorrow, one year after the Brisbane mother was murdered.

On twitter 27 minutes ago.

@tennewsqld: RT @renaehenry10:

Family of Allison-Baden Clay to release a statement tomorrow, one year after the Brisbane mother was murdered.

On twitter 27 minutes ago.

Thank you Flinders. I was just about to post this. My heart goes out to all of Allison's family at this difficult time.

I agree Doc, where has the time gone??

I ca t imagine how the girls and the dickies are feeling today, thinking about this day last year and how it was normal and then their lives were turned upside down :( my heart just aches for them...

They just showed the bridge with all of the sunflowers on Ch 9 evening news here in SA .. item said 'for the anniversary of the passing of Allison Baden Clay'.

The sunflowers are wide open and beautiful, as you all know. What a wonderful tribute.

They just showed the bridge with all of the sunflowers on Ch 9 evening news here in SA .. item said 'for the anniversary of the passing of Allison Baden Clay'.

The sunflowers are wide open and beautiful, as you all know. What a wonderful tribute.

Thank you SouthAussie.

The Qld Ten News in summary said that Allison's family will be spending the day privately. Friends will gather at the Brookfield showgrounds to share stories and then will put floating candles in a near by river. We had no pic's of Sunflowers but a friend of Allison's spoke. Allison's family didn't release a statement.

I am searching now on how to make a floating candle.

Just a reminder to those that love a song like me, there is a song available on itunes with proceeds going to the approved charity of the girls.

Sending my thoughts to the girls who will be surrounded by family.

My opinion only.

Edit... Was channel 9 news nominated for a Logie re coverage of the BC case? Am I watching the wrong news updates?

Just got in to find wonderful posts this afternoon from South Aussie, Humdinger, Makara, Flinders, Breaking News and DocWatson. Very precious for the Dickie family and especially the girls. This is a difficult time for them as the first anniversary is the hardest, the memories triggered again and the raw pain re-surfaces. We realise your pain and are sorry for your tragic loss. We are with you and seek justice for Allison. :hug: :candle:

I will have a lit candle by my computer for a large part of the next 24 hours. So glad the media have acknowledged Allison tonight.

:candle:

OT sorry. The poor lady they found in the boot of her car
They have a funeral fund going. It's passed $11,000. Her dear
Little boy, there seems to be such wonderful
Family around him. They are blown away by people's
Help. I could only afford $10 but its added up so
Fast.

Created by DropBear Arellano on April 13, 2013Corrimal, NSWFunerals & Memorials 6
Linda Stevens passed away under tragic circumstances. We are trying to help her family by assisting with funeral costs. She was a very talented skater on the speed track as young woman and later in life, in her time with WIRD, Sredy produced some magic moments on the flat track. She was a loving mother of a sweet boy, and much loved aunty and good mate to many in the skating community.
We are grateful for any support you can give, all proceeds will go directly to the funeral costs.
Thank you
DropBear.

http://www..com/opc2c

Have Questions? Contact the organizer of this campaign now:Contact

NEW! Print a SignEmbed

I will have a lit candle by my computer for a large part of the next 24 hours. So glad the media have acknowledged Allison tonight.

:candle:

Strangeworld I love your sentiments... I am not your Mum but please blow the candle out when you go to sleep.:eek:fftobed: :seeya:

Strangeworld I love your sentiments... I am not your Mum but please blow the candle out when you go to sleep.:eek:fftobed: :seeya:

You can never have too many Mums :blushing::blushing:

I was only going to light the candle when I was sitting here at the computer, but I've actually decided to use one of my battery-operated candles - they look so real - and probably a little safer too!

I love our little community on here!

Flinders. Lol. That's gold.

I love candles especially scented. It's just that 3 streets down from me a single mum left her candles alight overnight and her house burnt down. All the family were safe but we had a huge community spirit of donations for household items, etc.

I like my Strangeworld safe. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member