Alternative Theory..Child on Child crime?

any teen Kyron recognized:
neighbor teen
babysitter teen
babysitter of neighbor teen
some sort of activities/camp counselor teen
older brother sister of friend teen
friend of older brother teen
lawn/groundskeeping teen
volunteer teen
housecleaning teen

you'd have to know possible WHYs (motives) to sort through any list of possible Teens that knew Kyron. assume transportion available.

children from school:
this would be a bully or group bully type situation.
they would have no transportation.
if it were a group of young ones, one of them would break & tell
if it were just one kid...that would be the move "bad seed". still- no transportation.
teachers would have an idea who are the bullies.
so would the kids.

any teen Kyron recognized:
neighbor teen
babysitter teen
babysitter of neighbor teen
some sort of activities/camp counselor teen
older brother sister of friend teen
friend of older brother teen
lawn/groundskeeping teen
volunteer teen
housecleaning teen

you'd have to know possible WHYs (motives) to sort through any list of possible Teens that knew Kyron. assume transportion available.

children from school:
this would be a bully or group bully type situation.
they would have no transportation.
if it were a group of young ones, one of them would break & tell
if it were just one kid...that would be the move "bad seed". still- no transportation.
teachers would have an idea who are the bullies.
so would the kids.

Yep..but also a child/teenager does not necessarily move from say, torturing animals (if at all) then to torturing kids and then to murder..not everything is cut and dry. I think if it was a teen who did this, it was probably very spontaneous and probably because of something that triggered it the night before or earlier in the day..it was either an act of rebellion out of anger or just an act for their own pleasure. The kid may have no conscience or may not..just like the Bulger killers (apparently one does and one does not..one is the leader, one the follower). If it was done as a pair more than likely one will crack..the follower.
I think people overlook the spontaneous and opportunistic aspect of this case...just my opinion..because of all things it is incredibly hard to fathom why someone would decide to do such a thing in a split second ..(but this could also be why he has not yet been found* NB...1 hour and 15 minutes is incredibly short and a person can get away quite a distance before that time is up).

* What I mean here is overplanning..or indeed planning at all something like this would lead to self doubt in the persons mind and inevitable screwing it up/nerves...adrenaline/excitement = speed/accuracy ..thus enabling them to get away quicker .whether or not they were unnoticed is information only LE has at this point.

It could be just anybody,if it was a teen,it will more than likely be found out quicker than an adult,unless they've done something like this before and knew what they were doing.Or they had a plan and knew where they'd put him beforehand.

If it was a teen sibling,any parent would possibly see odd behavior,know the teen took the child to school that morning.I mean it seems like they'd watch for signs of anything unusual if they remotely suspected an unusual interest in the case or something of that nature.

And if there was another reason for the older brother leaving from the area or school,that would be something LE would be looking into,also.Like problems with other teens,etc.

I've thought about this type of thing also.
Could he have been lured away by another child, who was acting on behalf of an adult? The child getting him out of the school and then the adult taking over. It could even be where a child he trusted asked him to meet him at an outside location so he went there by himself and instead of the child being there he's able to be wisked away by the adult.

One thing I'd like to know is if any other child may have been jealous of his science project, or other things in the past.

VB

One thing I'd like to know is if any other child may have been jealous of his science project, or other things in the past.

VB

To be clear I am not implying anything with this statement all I am saying in relation to Vegas's post is that I do remember seeing a picture of another kids project on the same thing and Kyrons looked almost professional compared to it..whether not he had help from the parents..

When I was about seven, I went to the playground by myself, which we were allowed to do back then. It was about two blocks from my house. There weren't many people there this day and no adults that I had seen. I had some kind of toy with me, forget what it was now but a younger girl came over to play with me. After playing for a few minutes she tried taking this toy from me and we started argueing back and forth. Well this much larger, bigger girl, maybe 14 or 15, who had been sitting with a couple of other girls, her size, comes over and threatens me saying she is her sister and is going to beat the h out of me. I let go the toy, took off running and never looked back. It was a terrifying experience. Didn't go back to that playground by myself for a long, long time.
Something like this could possibly happened to Kyron. Maybe he got threatened by a child his size and an older sibling and ran away, lost his glasses and got lost, fell. I know they did search well but still could have missed him.

VB

I had the same thought. Either Kyron had extensive help with the project, or he is way ahead of most kids that age. Either of which could be the source of hard feelings.

Keep in mind that if he left the school with another child, that child could have lured him anywhere within walking distance ("Hey, come see the baby turtles I found" - etc.) From what I've read, the searches have been mostly around the school and Kyron's home - and the area between. He could have gone entirely in the opposite direction.

I would assume that any school absences that day have been checked - but given that everyone was walking around looking at exhibits, I wonder if it really would have been noticed if a kid disappeared for an hour or two?

I would assume that any school absences that day have been checked - but given that everyone was walking around looking at exhibits, I wonder if it really would have been noticed if a kid disappeared for an hour or two?

Considering the fact they didn't notice Kyron for at least 1hr 15 mins and the schools lack of action afterwards...it seems likely another child could have gone and returned.

We can't sleuth minors on here, so you can't say too much.

I think it could have been someone driving a sib to school, stopping at the fair, seeing and knowing the missing child, and taking him.

Not a Skyline student, but rather an older high school or even college student.

I wonder how long a high school kid could keep a secret? A college one could do it forever, I think.

This makes sense. I went to a really small school and I used to walk and sometimes parents or siblings of friends would offer me a ride home and I accepted, in small towns like this, it might be normal to accept a ride from an acquintance. The kid could have even said the mom asked him to pick her up.

(I was smart enough not to get into cars of people I didn't know at all)

As for hiding secrets, I don't think a high school kid could hold one too long unless they are sociopathic. Even if they didn't admit it, their behavior would be really strange.

this has been my theory all along. We have some 15 yr old 8th graders at our k-8, and they are often buddied up with younger kids for reading help and special projects and parties. My DD had the same 8th grade buddy all year.

I am assuming they are looking at what older kids were tardy/absent that day.

We can't assume if a minor is the perp, they would have been sloppy or hasty... parents often go to great lengths to cover for their children... look at the Van Der Sloots. JMO

Great post! Thanks for offering up a different view because I have felt like it was crime of opportunity.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/weird/kids2/index_1.html

This is a great article! If disturbing..Mary Flora Bell is the girls name who I couldn't remember..if anyone pooh poohs the idea of children being incapable of the same acts as adults may change their minds after this! Sorry for clogging up this thread with links but I think they're relevant!
thank you! i was trying to think of this girls name ;) i read about her several years ago when i was taking a look at different sentences for young people who murder. the boys who killed five people in the jonesboro arkansas school shooting were 11 and 13 at the time. iirc they both served in a juvenile facility until age 21. ironic...the younger one served more time than the older one. thankfully those laws in arkansas have changed now.

The only way I can see a young person being involved is if they lured a child for an adult. Otherwise I think they would have been caught by now.
I remember a Criminal Minds episode I watched, scared the daylights out of me, about a child used to lure women to his house for his Dad.

I remember the Jamie Bulger case very well because it was so horrifying.

i remember this too and it still gives me chill bumps. the fact that innocent little ones can be so evil is very scary. and possible in Kyron's case; considering how little we really know, anything is possible.

Also, all the students present that day no doubt knew that school wasn't going to officially start until 10 am. If you accept LE saying that TMH saw Kyron at 8:45 am, that leaves an hour and fifteen minutes for a kid to be gone from school unnoticed.

this fact has not set right with me from the beginning. i can't imagine a school being so loose that the parents would be instructed to leave the kids at school at 8:30 - 9am but the school doesn't intend to take responsibility for said children until 10am? that doesn't make sense. as soon as the parents left the school, each class should have reported to homeroom and attendance taken. i think whoever took him from there knew they had plenty of time to get away. as always, jmo :)

The only way I can see a young person being involved is if they lured a child for an adult. Otherwise I think they would have been caught by now.
I remember a Criminal Minds episode I watched, scared the daylights out of me, about a child used to lure women to his house for his Dad.

Kids today aren't what kids were even 10 years ago. Look at the two boys mentioned above who shot up the school - as I recall, they were cagey enough to hit the fire alarm, knowing it would send everyone outside where they would be sitting ducks. Kids today watch CSI, Law and Order, etc. Not saying that this WAS done by a school mate, but let's face it, the kids would know the SOP at the school and how things like the science fair was handled - and that it would be the perfect opportunity to do something.

Before you say that a young-ish child isn't capable of that level of planning or thought - look at some of the other things kids have done - and by that I don't mean "bad" things. A day or two ago an 11 year old was in the car with his mother when she had a seizure. The boy calmed his hysterical sisters in the back seat while successfully steering the car at 60 mph in traffic for about 2 miles from the passenger seat, until he thought to switch the ignition off. Don't tell me kids aren't competent.

You're expressing my thoughts much better than I am :) On a side note..are you Irish..Grainne? :angel:

For some reason, possibly just a lurid imagination, I keep imagining the perpetrator as an older child at the school who just happens to commit the near perfect crime. Sort of like the Natalee Holloway case but done even better. If "better" is a word to apply to murder.

My grandmother was from Ireland and her middle name was Grainne. There is supposed to be a mark over the "a" but I don't know how to make my computer do that.

Yep..but also a child/teenager does not necessarily move from say, torturing animals (if at all) then to torturing kids and then to murder..not everything is cut and dry. I think if it was a teen who did this, it was probably very spontaneous and probably because of something that triggered it the night before or earlier in the day..

SBM

That made me realise exactly what it is that makes me wonder if it was a child on child crime.

Whoever did this was a bold risk taker... or someone who did very little risk assessment at all.

That could easily describe a teenager.

I am not going to say an older teen couldn't be capable of harming a child, or even negate the theory of a child (teen) doing it. But I honestly don't think a teen could have concealed it so quickly, been able to escape detection (behavior, attitude, changes, etc), and I honestly don't see how a teen (older child) could have hidden him so well (alive or not) that three weeks later he hasn't been found. We have already discussed the logistics of an adult getting him out of the school undetected, and I think many here feel it would have been very difficult, without someone seeing something. I would think it would be more difficult for a teen or older child to do this. A teen could have a car, and could have driven to the water somewhere-but again, he would have had to know just how much free time he had, and be precise on removing the child. He would have had to NOT be noticed or attract attention. If it were a child, Kyron would be more than likely still in the school. And he probably would have been discovered by now. If it wasn't Th, I would more feel it was a predator or pedophile who had maturity, possibly practice and a 'cover' that would have attracted the attention of no one. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back